Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2.0 tfsi EA888 gen2 MED17.5 Overboost Problem  (Read 3675 times)
pocoloco

« on: July 15, 2019, 03:17:30 PM »

Hi guys,

i got an 2.0 tsi chain engine here which makes my head bleed a little bit, i hope to get some help/ hints in the right direction from here!

the car setup:
2.0 tsi
MED17.5
air intake
downpipe with full exhaust
completely unknown upgrade turbocharger with supposedly gt28 exhaust side and some upgrade compressor wheel in an stock IHI housing..

what i´ve done:
the typical things, KFMIOP, IRL, higher rail pressure, the usual maps, limited LDRXN to around 1,2 bar

the result:
everything runs fine, except overboosting as hell.

as there are no direct N75 maps like in ME7, MED9, and so on i started reading in the FR.

i tried different things which all doesn´t seem to make overshooting any better:

- percentual reducing of LDRADTVMX and KFETAST
- as i ain´t got no clue about the used WG pressure trying to increase KFWG1

so next step what made sense to me was to adapt the PI regulator like said here in the FR:

as the map units don´t really make anything clearer to me i tried with increasing KFPWG and KFIWG from start of the turbo spooling area about 15 % just to see if it makes any difference without any result.

here the log of the last run, a little timing retardation which is negligible in my opinion, everything else looks fine, except the boost overshooting:

i would really appreciate every hint that will lead me in the right direction!

greetings...
199X

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 06:32:32 AM »

Perhaps upload some logs?
pocoloco

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 02:36:06 PM »

sorry, i had screenshots in but somehow they´ve been gone..

new try:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: