Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crazy idea: mild antilag via fuel cutoff but leaving throttle plate open  (Read 5093 times)
nyet
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18AP4R_btKI

possible to implement in ME7?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

Is it worth?
Can you search for more tech data of its logic?
Say
If ped >95% and b_kuppl =1 and nmot > 4000 and pvdksd > xxx mbar then
 <dk = 100%
 B_austget (forget how it's named,  cutoff condition)  = true
eof

Ya?
nyet
Administrator

I think its actually maybe more something along the lines of, instead of opening the dvs and closing throttle, cutting fuel when off ped, don't open the dv, go WOT, cut off fuel.

Maybe even eliminate the DV entirely, and go WOT+fuelcut in all DV actions? Or is that insane?

Note that you will lose all engine braking off throttle which might make for a weird (and possibly unsafe) track experience.

Probaly need to close throttle (and maybe open dv) on brake application for safety reasons.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

Brings diesel to mind.

Disagree with this

"Note that you will lose all engine braking off throttle which might make for a weird (and possibly unsafe) track experience."

If the engine stops making power, you'll slow down, not to mention the cylinders will still be working against compression,
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:18:45 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
BlackT

When you don't have fuel or spark in cilinders. The engine breaking is about same with closed or full open throotle.
I know that beacuse on old engine drive by cable, somethimes I shut ignition off but leave throotle full open.
The only change i noticed is engine noise, maybe maybe little less engine braking with full open throtle, but I am not shure becuse is hard to notice diference.

ruan

Wonder how they're dealing with catalysts not melting down during that scenario...

Also, yeah, the whole engine braking thing is BS (imho), if anything the engine braking effect will be greater because the motor will be compressing air in the cylinders rather than drawing a vacuum. Same reason diesel motors shut off the air supply when turning off for a smooth shutdown.

I'd agree with Nyet's comment that this might be more to do with avoiding a recirc/dv opening, you get the additional mass flow through the exhaust that would otherwise be diverted or released, so compressor shafts don't slow down as fast, thus it can be branded as a mild form of "antilag" and that pleases the Porsche marketing department as they can put a spin on it and make it sound super fandangled.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 04:05:15 AM by ruan » Logged
SQT

Respectfully SQT ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18AP4R_btKI

possible to implement in ME7?
Nyet, If you use the same scenario, but not to cut the ignition but the fuel or is it not possible?

a6 2.7
sorry for my English
Aardschok

Interesting... I *think* a simple routine to open the throttle during overrun would be most (if not all) of what's needed?

How could we retain vacuum assisted brakes in this situation? Repurposed N249 reservoir?
SQT

Respectfully SQT ;)

How could we retain vacuum assisted brakes in this situation? Repurposed N249 reservoir?
I doubt that the brakes will disappear, the system with an ejection pump allows you to get a vacuum with boost and check valves hold it. Or not?

a6 2.7
sorry for my English
Aardschok

I doubt that the brakes will disappear, the system with an ejection pump allows you to get a vacuum with boost and check valves hold it. Or not?

I don't think I have a suction jet pump any more, servo assistance hangs off the inlet mani via a check valve Huh

One way to find out I suppose, I've planned out the ASM patch - I just have to write and then test. Will report back later this week.

Code:
@63B8E:
if (B_sa && !B_bl && !B_br)
{
    r14 <- 0xff
}
wdks <- r14

------------------

B_sa - FD8E.10 - fuel cutoff
B_bl - FD4A.14 - brake light switch
B_br - FD4A.15 - brake pedal switch

------------------

0x63B8E     calls   A2, sub_a20000

0xa2000     bcmp    FD8E.10, #0     ` B_sa | 0
            jumpr   cc_NV, last     ` B_sa == 0, exit
            bcmp    FD4A.14, #0     ` B_bl | 0
            jumpr   cc_V, last      ` B_bl == 1, exit
            bcmp    FD8E.15, #0     ` B_br | 0
            jumpr   cc_V, last      ` B_br == 1, exit
            movb    r14, #0xff      ` condition met, write 100% into r14
last        movb    wdks, r14       ` write r14 into wdks
            rets
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:19:11 AM by Aardschok » Logged
nyet
Administrator

Interesting! Let us know what you find out.

BTW i agree about the engine braking comments; I dont see how you'd lose any considering engine compression doesn't come primarily from manifold vacuum.

ECUx Plot

prj

You guys are mega optimistic about this stuff.

Go on try.

Monitoring will tell you to FUCK OFF if you try to do anything with throttle with closed pedal.
It will tell you to FUCK OFF on every single level.

As it should, because if you make any bug in this code, or something goes wrong you have the potential to kill yourself, as the car can floor itself when you lift or when you start it even.
Think REALLY hard about WTF you are doing.

>95% throttle is just noliftshift, that's fine - fuel cut, ignition cut, however you want to do it. We're not talking about that here.
0% throttle and antilag with a revlimiter is fine too to keep turbo spooled, it still has a rev limiter.

Flooring throttle, cutting fuel as the only source of torque reduction, you better have REALLY good code for that.
Like code that takes into account EVERY scenario, such as a failing clutch or brake light switch and so on. Worst case you're gonna drive yourself into a wall.
And you better NOT just turn off the entire monitoring.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 01:03:18 PM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

Understood about dangers. I should probably have prefaced my post with your warnings, they are all valid.

ECUx Plot

Aardschok

Grin yes prj, all duly noted.

You're right, writing into wdks did sweet fuck all - it was fun trying though!

STEVEPHILP

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2019, 05:51:58 AM »

I love PRJ. He should be our prime minister.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: