Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Zwout following zwsol  (Read 8897 times)
Blazius

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 08:34:47 AM »

Is there a torque reserve maps for power steering? Is it any more complicated than that? Is there a whole module devoted to PS?

How to people tune for a complete power steering delete? Compensation for the lack of parasitic loss.

Yes there are module"s" / maps dedicated for that, I cant remember the names exactly now, look at the FR's.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2019, 05:41:12 PM »

MRESSL - moment reserve At Power steering

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
golfputtputt

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 07:30:33 PM »

set MRESSL to 0, made no difference. Moving on.
According to the wiki,

mibas (from actual load) must not exceed the allowed torque limit (miszul) allowed for a given request from driver's pedal to avoid torque intervention

My mibas (at idle) is either on or off. 100 or 0 (3 times every second sometimes). Miszul is set to 99.22. So that means mibas is going above miszul 3 times a second....
This doesn't seem right. Is it?

If there is torque intervention, you will see mizsolv (specified torque) drop from following mibas (actual torque) to following mifa (or misolv) (requested torque).

mizsolv is 0 at idle at all times. it does not follow the 100,0 swings of mibas. Mifa fluctuates around 8.5-8.9 (so it is above mizsolv). misolv is 0 as well....so I suppose I could say mizsolv is following misolv....?

....mizsolv isnt following mibas (which, according to the wiki, seems like torque intervention.). It is following misolv (which, according to the wiki, seems like torque intervention..) but it's not following mifa (which, according to the wiki, if it's torque intervention....it should? Is mifa/misolv an either, or thing?)

Either way, a while ago, I raised KFMIZUFIL/KFMIZUOF to 100, it idled the same but also threw the ecu into some sort of aggressive limp mode where the ASR and EPC light went on. So I put those back to stock.

I put the IRL, IOP and WOP/2 values in from a 551K (which weren't all that different at idle.) That was a random idea that didnt work...

Is IOP intentionally too high from factory to apply torque intervention at steady states?

b_zwvz and b_zwvs are both turning off under load changes but on at all steady states including idle.
My understanding of ZUE is zwout can either follow zwbas or zwsol as an output?
Can anyone make this clear for me or provide an alternative idea?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:36:39 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 07:59:50 PM »

The wiki describes part/wot behavior. at idle misolv should be 0 because you're not requested any load Smiley

idle control happens using mibas and the idle PID along with torque reserve stuff.

you'll have to look at the idle control part of the FR.

pretty sure messing with IRL/IOP et al isn't going to help you since you aren't requesting any torque via pedal.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 08:11:22 PM »

The wiki describes part/wot behavior. at idle misolv should be 0 because you're not requested any load Smiley

idle control happens using mibas and the idle PID along with torque reserve stuff.

you'll have to look at the idle control part of the FR.

pretty sure messing with IRL/IOP et al isn't going to help you since you aren't requesting any torque via pedal.

Thank you for clearing that up. Yes. Kfped torque request is 0.  Understood.

Ok. Do you know what idle control module mibas enters into?

Edit: zeroing MRESSL made the car backfire aggressively on every upshift. I have to log but i’m pretty sure ignition output is something silly like -8. It only happens when in neutral though. This car has so many problems i really have no idea how to solve them all.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 06:05:16 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2019, 09:54:11 AM »

Also, can someone confirm mibas_w should be either 0 or 100 fluctuating as it does in that log?

More questions: is KFZWOP/2 colloquially “MBT timing?”

Quote from phila_dot:
Fast path - zwist == zwsol

What does == mean?

Also, being a noob, i have very little reference for what i’m shooting for other than “make car run good, durr.” Watching HP academy stuff (standalone, haltech). Idle on a lot of their cars seems to be +-3 rpm at max. I’d like to have this level of precision and fine tune with all variables (load, torque, AFR, rpm, ignition.)
I don’t feel able to move on to pushing anything into the “performance zone” of tuning before figuring all of these issues out first.

Also, i wish i could contribute more. I don't know enough to give back, i feel.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 01:53:26 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: