Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Overboost + KFLDIMX  (Read 39082 times)
totti

« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2019, 11:42:03 AM »

That IMX still dips too low.

Can you tell me which section should I raise? Thanks
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2019, 11:44:26 AM »

Can you tell me which section should I raise? Thanks

You tell me.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
totti

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2019, 12:21:53 PM »

You tell me.

I should raie at 2500 and 2750 to near 95 and raise a little at 3000
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2019, 12:25:13 PM »

I should raie at 2500 and 2750 to near 95 and raise a little at 3000

No. You have way too many things going on in IMX. Just find a good start/end value. Don't have huge jumps in it. Don't have lots of random high areas and low areas and drastic changes. Try to keep it mostly flat. PIDs are hard enough to tune without you giving it a bunch of random crap that moves around a lot, especially in non-linear weird parameter scheduling stuff. Keep it simple.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2019, 12:30:39 PM »

something like this.

but really if you need a huge imx slope to make sure it stays high enough, that means your DRL is bad.

Ideally IMX should stay flat, and let DRL deal with increasing DC if you need more DC at higher rpms.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2019, 12:39:40 PM »

Also you are maxed out up top. Might want to pull some req boost

ECUx Plot

totti

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2019, 01:21:33 PM »

Now I put together wgdc and imx. From that picture what I can see is that from 5250 I need to close the wg so it needs 95% from that section. So it could be a good end point. Can I use I result to define imx?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2019, 01:25:48 PM »

Now I put together wgdc and imx. From that picture what I can see is that from 5250 I need to close the wg so it needs 95% from that section. So it could be a good end point. Can I use I result to define imx?

Yes and no. IMX should really be more or less flat, and you should use DRL to compensate for needing more wg for a given boost. That is its purpose. Tuning this stuff blindly w/o really understanding at least the basics is going to be problematic. And if you are hitting 95% ANYWHERE (other than during spool) that means your req is likely too high.

ECUx Plot

totti

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2019, 01:50:10 PM »

Yes and no. IMX should really be more or less flat, and you should use DRL to compensate for needing more wg for a given boost. That is its purpose. Tuning this stuff blindly w/o really understanding at least the basics is going to be problematic. And if you are hitting 95% ANYWHERE (other than during spool) that means your req is likely too high.

Thanks for the help. I checked ME7-functionsrahrmen to understand the pid but it is not so easy(or I don't understand it). What is the puposeof imx? The output for N75 is comes from kfldrl.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2019, 01:56:04 PM »

Thanks for the help. I checked ME7-functionsrahrmen to understand the pid but it is not so easy(or I don't understand it). What is the puposeof imx?

Understanding PIDs is a general engineering/control topic. You won't find a PID explanation in the FR. IMX is there to prevent integrator windup, and generally in ME7 it can be used to provide feedforward control. Much of this is covered in the Tuning wiki and in lots of other places here.

Long story short: your WGDC will (mostly) follow IMX post processed by DRL.

The output for N75 is comes from kfldrl.

I sense you don't really understand what DRL does either Sad

ECUx Plot

totti

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2019, 02:04:52 PM »

Understanding PIDs is a general engineering/control topic. You won't find a PID explanation in the FR. IMX is there to prevent integrator windup, and generally in ME7 it can be used to provide feedforward control. Much of this is covered in the Tuning wiki and in lots of other places here.

Long story short: your WGDC will (mostly) follow IMX post processed by DRL.

I sense you don't really understand what DRL does either Sad

In general I understand PID controllers. But I just used P I D parameters to tune the controller. Here there are more tables. I need to read more the FR.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2019, 02:10:31 PM »

In general I understand PID controllers. But I just used P I D parameters to tune the controller. Here there are more tables. I need to read more the FR.

The reason IMX is so important in ME7 is that in the steady state, P result is near zero and D is scheduled out with B_lddy. This means that I dominates.

On a WOT pull, I is maxed out due to integrator windup (accumulated error) so it is simply following IMX.

Also in the steady state, you would expect the output of the PID to be flat for a given flat boost set point. However, DC isn't linear with output boost, so the output of the PID is post processed by DRL.

Again, if you truly understand PIDs, you should already know the critical points here

1) integrator windup effects when there is long term error
2) linearizing the control output to compensate for varying process output gain.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:13:11 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

totti

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2019, 01:38:32 AM »

I've read this topic http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=11701.30 it was very useful.
Does my boost request is ok? I know that around 6000rpm I should lower. Could be a problem if I running 95% wgdc at the end?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2019, 08:27:29 AM »

Could be a problem if I running 95% wgdc at the end?

You'll eventually send the I-trims to max and in extreme cases get a pos deviation code.

ECUx Plot

totti

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2019, 10:31:14 AM »

I found an another good topic with the tool http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=12352.0title=
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: