Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hell I'm new here, looking to learn  (Read 3224 times)
Maddog82

« on: August 16, 2019, 04:56:11 AM »

hello all, how are you doing?
My name is Luke 36 years old, i have a T4 1.8t 20v fully forged and a load of other mods.
i'm looking to learn how to understand mapping so i can tweak a few things in my ECU.
i have physically removed my SAI, N75, n112, and n249.
I'm looking to learn how to change the ecu so these do not flag up in fault codes and to run without them.
Any information on where to start reading would be a great help.
Thanks in advance.

I'm all about development.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 05:10:44 AM »

Project configuration bits (tell the ecu its no longer equipped with it and turn off testing) end-staging (to configure i/o used or not used). Project configuration is also known as prokon and endstaging is known as eskonf. Hope you're ready to learn German accrinims. Read the s4 tuning wiki under emissions and eskonf. You'll need a map pack for the stock tune on your car. You'll need to read the stock tune on your car too.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Maddog82

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 05:15:59 AM »

Thank you for your reply, i appreciate it a lot.
i have just downloaded nefmoto and winols i am a complete beginner and i have zero experience, so first thing then is, where can you direct me to read about how to read the stock tune from my car,
id like to learn in manageable bits so i understand what i am doing, without messing things up.

Blazius

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 07:29:34 AM »

i have just downloaded nefmoto and winols i am a complete beginner and i have zero experience, so first thing then is, where can you direct me to read about how to read the stock tune from my car,
id like to learn in manageable bits so i understand what i am doing, without messing things up.

Start by watching this series for winols https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6AAh_Vgf5A then continue with ME7 related stuff from this forum.
BlackT

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 09:22:37 AM »

Who tuned car before you? Be cerful, beacuse some tuners put protection, so when you try to read flash, ecu gets bricked
Maddog82

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 09:30:16 AM »

Thanks for the you tube link, I'll crack on and get on there.
As for who previous mapped my ecu i couldn't say as it was done by the previous owner when the engine was in the golf, i did have the paperwork somewhere but haven't been able to find it since i scrapped the golf shell.
How would i find out if there is such protection in the ECU ?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 10:16:02 AM »

Thanks for the you tube link, I'll crack on and get on there.
As for who previous mapped my ecu i couldn't say as it was done by the previous owner when the engine was in the golf, i did have the paperwork somewhere but haven't been able to find it since i scrapped the golf shell.
How would i find out if there is such protection in the ECU ?

dont bother, start from stock, you're just asking for problems.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: