Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Boost oscillation in higher gears - logs attached  (Read 7240 times)
untilnow

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 11:37:40 AM »

No, it is not "testing at the best of times".
That's the difference between copy-paste monkeys and people who understand how things work.

Someone who understands how the PID works can have it adjusted in 4-5 pulls. Someone who is a monkey that just mashes buttons can do it all day and get nowhere.
Goes without saying for a LOT of other concepts too.

Absolutely nothing to do with ME7 here. Just total lack of basic knowledge in control systems.
There are plenty of books and online resources that explain exactly how a PID works, how to tune it from scratch etc. Hell even the FR briefly explains it.

It's pure math.

I've done a fair bit of research on the subject and have a solid understanding in PIDs, I'm just not spending anymore time - tried for about 18 months already - tuning it.

With regard to copy and paste monkeys, believe me mate you're preaching to the choir, I've got over 1GB of logs so please know I've put work in!
prj

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 12:36:03 PM »

Yet I probably would have it behaving as needed in max 2 hours on your car...

It's exactly what I am talking about. You are randomly modifying things without understanding of the system. Of course you're never going to get anywhere with it. You can probably spend all eternity on it - there are too many variables to get right randomly.
But calling it dumb makes you look... well... dumb Tongue

Pretty sure you don't have a "solid understanding", otherwise we would not be having this discussion.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
MeNewbie

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 09:17:58 AM »

I've done a fair bit of research on the subject and have a solid understanding in PIDs, I'm just not spending anymore time - tried for about 18 months already - tuning it.

With regard to copy and paste monkeys, believe me mate you're preaching to the choir, I've got over 1GB of logs so please know I've put work in!
just edit KFLDIMX properly and you will have stable control without problems

The right way to do things successfully is IDA.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: