Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Multiple Maps on me7.1 Audi TT 8N - switching using brake pedal.  (Read 8941 times)
stuartdean

Hi,

I wonder if someone can point me to some articles which allow me to put on a selection of 2 or more maps.

Essentially, I would like to have 3 or 4 maps.

1. Modest Daily Driver map, low power 240lb_ft / 260bhp,  low boost,  good fuel economy, comfort.

2. Power map - what we all like working on, simply to put your foot down in 3rd whilst running me7logger to check maf g/s

3. Valet map, low power,  low rev limit, for when leaving car at a mechanic's place for fitting parts I can't do in nut pen.

4. MOT map - some launch control settings allowing foot flat has max 3500 rpm (to heat up the catalytic converter) best lamfa table to make sure the car produces the suitable hydrocarbons etc.

5. Motorway driving map,  designed for long journeys making goal is fuel economy so low power lean mixture.

Many thanks in advance
aef

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 06:02:47 AM »

Huh

google
site:nefariousmotorsports.com map switching

based on your last post this is way over your level but best of luck understanding these things
prj

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 08:16:05 AM »

This should be in noob questions.

Your requests are mostly ridiculous.
The only valid thing here is a valet map, everything else ("MOT" map "economy map") shows complete lack of understanding of how the engine works.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 08:26:50 AM »

2nd prj.

The "maps" you are suggesting are called "using the throttle to tell the car what you want".

If you were talking about race gas, e85, or water meth map variants that would be something entirely different.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
stuartdean

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 11:06:46 AM »

Huh

google
site:nefariousmotorsports.com map switching

based on your last post this is way over your level but best of luck understanding these things

thanks that's exactly what I was looking for - it's a great place to start - miles behind built-in software from ignitron though - you can switch maps on the go with that - I had actually assumed it was installation of entire bin files to different areas - rather than just a few tables or individual values. 

but how does using a brake pedal to change a map and installing configuring software relate to not diagnosing a faulty N75 valve, causing massive overboost (enough to blow up a diverter valve to pieces - images were provided). 

Please move it to the noob questions though, if it is not related to technical->flashing I put the question here assuming some carrier software was required as a sort of boot area to pick which bin to use.  I know Bill at B5, usually puts 2 or 3 maps on his mapped cars. and people start by pressing the brake pedal several times to change the map.

stuartdean

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 01:24:08 PM »

Hi,

so I spent a few minutes skimming the forum and internet and am looking for some clarification I am investigating the right area and not "re-inventing the wheel"

what I assumed my original question would be answered with was -

1. Download NEFMOTO_ME7_MULTIMAP
2. Create 1,2,3.. saved as bins MAP1.bin, MAP2.bin, MAP3.bin
3. run NEFMOTO_ME7_MULTIMAP
4. flash multimaps.bin to ECU

--- to change current map
1. press brake
2. switch to ignition 2
3. press gas pedal 1 or 2 or 3 times to change map to 1,2 or 3
4. release brake pedal
5. start engine

----------------------

it seems pretty obvious my assumption above was incorrect Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

so, whilst walking the dogs I pondered this below...  can someone clarify whether in actual fact I need to do something more like below -
1. create new XDF Entries for max rpm, max load etc etc for each different setting(s) I want to make switchable
2. create a single bin with all of the map1, map2, map3 file items.
3. review the reverse engineering threads and learn how to program the following sort of pseudo code..
    3a. edit the bin (using Macro Assembler? or what else C?) is it compiled or interpreted? - can I find an editor/decompiler on the forum?
    3b. I assume this has a main loop like an Arduino board processor
    3c. if ign = on and engine speed = 0 and on time < 10 seconds and brake = on and accel pedal > 80% then togglemap ++
    3d  if ign = on and engine speed = 0 and on time > 10 seconds and togglemap>0
           3di. flash EML togglemap times
           3dii. for each mappsetting
                       copy map(togglemap) location to real map location

?  If the above is in the right sort of area of investigation, I have a couple of questions.

1. am I copying the MAP settings on the EPROM or in RAM - eg are the map changes lost on a restart of the car

2. I assumed the bin was only the data rather than the processor, in which case does the normal checksum APIs still work for actual code instead of data?

3.  is there an emulator which can use the USB to ODB2 Flash Cable for bench flashing in order to simulate engine speed, pedal press, etc or would I need to create some Arduino program hooking into the ECU and wiring up wires to mean brake accel, engine speed etc to test?

4. if it is persistent then to test I assume I can simply flash the ECU->Switch on Ignition->Test the Brake and Accelerator Presses->Read back the ECU file and make sure the "current map", "lamfa", "LDRXN" etc are all matching the mapn versions

5. has anyone done this already on a BAM 1.8T to use brake and accelerator.

am I in the right sort of area?

Thanks

if this is in the right area

« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 01:47:29 PM by stuartdean » Logged
k0mpresd

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 01:37:19 PM »

holy. fuck.
stuartdean

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 01:42:08 PM »

lol so, "no not in the right area" then?  Cheesy

maybe I skimmed the wrong threads?

do you have a 1.8T BAM map switching bin, using brake pedal and accelerator pedal?
stuartdean

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 02:02:46 PM »

This should be in noob questions.

Your requests are mostly ridiculous.
The only valid thing here is a valet map, everything else ("MOT" map "economy map") shows complete lack of understanding of how the engine works.

oh come on.....  why on earth does every car manufacturer add different modes to their cars rather than just a "post it note" on the steering wheel saying "use the accelerator pedal to control the performance of your car".  Even my 1990's Merc and BMWs had "sport" and "comfort" and that still used punched tape to control the engine.  also I think some manufacturers are experimenting with crazy high AFR to improve fuel consumption, like 1.2 lambda

how many modes does a 2019 RS4 or Porsche Maccan have? 5 or 6 perhaps and I bet a lockable valet mode.

Blazius

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 02:15:59 PM »

what 99% of those modes do, is basically change KFPED map... your throttle is what controls how your car drives lol. You dont do WOT when you are driving in city do you ? you should do map swithcing if you are mapping for different stuff like gas, meth, nitrous etc.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 02:37:43 PM »

Youd be better to spend this time to reading FR, dis with IDA, c167 docs etc
Absolutely lack of basics knowledge here

stuartdean

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 02:44:47 PM »

okay for different fuels, or unplug the N75 if leaving with someone, it doesn't mean I dont want to try and do it from an interest point of view.  no offence to TT MK1 owners but there's not a lot of interesting stuff going on, and when a project is running out of "free" project things to do - it means you pay for some hardware updates instead.

Below is the thread which made me think you need to update your individual bin files for more use than data / settings - I might be miles off what is required but finding examples of S4 cruise control map switches are no good for a TT without cruise control and retro fitting cruise control is not a good workaround for me.

I have a spare ECU (if it gets bricked) and PSU etc to put into boot mode if it goes wrong and to test files etc.   if it is simply "too difficult to do" then so be it,  but I honestly originally thought that the map switcher was like a pre-startup map selector, but appears to be far more involved, and probably why it's sold as a base map.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=12637.0

This thread above, ended up with mainly arguing over who has screenshots of thanks for someone important Cheesy  but I do like the idea of removing the checksum test, I suppose this is maybe how people encrypt their maps from being read.

stuartdean

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2019, 04:42:13 AM »

Youd be better to spend this time to reading FR, dis with IDA, c167 docs etc
Absolutely lack of basics knowledge here

Thanks for this,  going to spend some time going through the idapro and krel documentation. 

This thread has some reasonable details.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=7133.msg65992#msg65992  a4 1.8t

It's an interesting change from databases and web services.

I see why it is recommended to be moved.
stuartdean

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2019, 05:51:00 AM »

Decided once I have sorted the map switch method; valet mode will be by simply setting CWMDAPP 0x181BD to 8 to enforce the test mode and then it will switch to using the fixed waste gate duty cycle table kfldrapp which will be set to low wgdc.

This will be an easy test it is switched over and could actually be the default map in case the battery is disconnected for a prolonged period.

adam-

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2019, 12:07:22 PM »

Total lack of understand of how these ECUs work.

It's not just "if this, do that", it's way more complicated than that.  You're comments about MOT, highway, etc are silly, you should always target lambda 1 on cruise and your "tuned" file should be no different than stock in low loads. 

If you wanted low/high/whatever power you'd just make a few copies of RAPP and toggle between them.  It's solid though.

Also, you're clearly a Bill Brocklebank follower with that Ignitron crap, he loves that shit.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: