Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2012 RS3 P0601 - 8P0907404 0040 [1037519001]  (Read 10584 times)
gman86

« on: August 28, 2019, 10:10:55 PM »

Hi all,

Have a mare with this car. Have tuned plenty TTRS and also older SW versions, but this is the first 0040.

Write file in via KTAG - all is good. Then, 1 week later, "Engine management, workshop!" on the dash with the dreaded P0601.

Fortunately I have a full backup so can write back to stock and reflash file, but then it comes back.

There seems to be mixed opinions on fixing whether it be checksum only (file was checksummed in OLS with latest OLS288 - yes, legit OLS) and also written with no checksum.

Ideas?
Kacza

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 01:28:59 AM »

Ori files is OK.
Your tuning is a problem.
gman86

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 01:54:35 AM »

Ori files is OK.
Your tuning is a problem.

Yes I know. It's a tuning protection that Audi applied. After some time, it triggers this fault and reverts to stock performance.

I need to know how to get round it.
gt-innovation

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 02:54:10 AM »

Yes I know. It's a tuning protection that Audi applied. After some time, it triggers this fault and reverts to stock performance.

I need to know how to get round it.

After killing some stuff you will also need to do the cksum properly...if your tool is not genuine it will not do the cksum correctly..

Cmd bdm has not problems on this...Also genuine ktag..if ktag fails support will fix it for you.
Frpe82

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 03:46:37 AM »

Hi there!

Myself and my company has also been suffering with this problem, and we don't know what to do about it.

A customer wanted his 2012 RS3 tuned. Some light mods and upgraded HPFP among other things. I used AutoTuner to read and write it, and that's when the trouble started. It got a checksum error code, and even if the original file that was read with AutoTuner was written again, it still has that same fault code.

I opened a ticket with AutoTuner, but they were unable to help my company with this sometime in the forseeable future. I can not tell if the tool made a mistake, or if the tuned file triggered a tuning protection. Either way it is a problem.

Since the file read with AutoTuner was not valid to write with KTAG, and this model can not be written with KESS (since that function is not allowed/implemented), I bought an original file for the ECU that should be flashed with KTAG. I tried that file, although the problem still persists.

We tried different methods of flashing, checksum correcting etc. etc. but the problem comes back. Tried writing the files separately (CPU, Flash, Immo), and as a K-tag "maps" file to no avail.

The software version is 8P0907404 0060 by the way.

After all of this happened, I heard that there were some issues with this particular car/ECU from other people in the business, but that doesn't help me now after the fact.

Can I get some tips or some help from you fine folks here at nefmoto?
gman86

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 02:36:23 PM »

Hi there!

Myself and my company has also been suffering with this problem, and we don't know what to do about it.

A customer wanted his 2012 RS3 tuned. Some light mods and upgraded HPFP among other things. I used AutoTuner to read and write it, and that's when the trouble started. It got a checksum error code, and even if the original file that was read with AutoTuner was written again, it still has that same fault code.

I opened a ticket with AutoTuner, but they were unable to help my company with this sometime in the forseeable future. I can not tell if the tool made a mistake, or if the tuned file triggered a tuning protection. Either way it is a problem.

Since the file read with AutoTuner was not valid to write with KTAG, and this model can not be written with KESS (since that function is not allowed/implemented), I bought an original file for the ECU that should be flashed with KTAG. I tried that file, although the problem still persists.

We tried different methods of flashing, checksum correcting etc. etc. but the problem comes back. Tried writing the files separately (CPU, Flash, Immo), and as a K-tag "maps" file to no avail.

After all of this happened, I heard that there were some issues with this particular car/ECU from other people in the business, but that doesn't help me now after the fact.

P0601 is in the EEPROM. You'll need to either have it removed from that or flash in an entire different BDM backup and have the ECU adapted to the car.
S2evo1

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 04:07:06 AM »

Hi there!

Its the tuning protection that is active, its possible to fix.
gt-innovation

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 05:01:07 AM »

it is fairly easy to have that fixed and you also need the right equipment to flash Smiley

aef

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 04:32:32 AM »

P0601 is in the EEPROM. You'll need to either have it removed from that...

can you please explain how to do this?
topscoder

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2020, 12:41:38 PM »

can you please explain how to do this?

Use a tool to remove the DTC P0601 from the eeprom file and write it back using BDM. Or, try and find a FULL BDM read (MPC, Flash, EEPROM) of exactly the same car with SW. Write that into the ECU and adapt new software to the car (immo) using ODIS.
topscoder

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 12:44:53 PM »

it is fairly easy to have that fixed and you also need the right equipment to flash Smiley

Just curious, bFlash? KTAG? or?
aef

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2020, 10:42:32 PM »

i am not a friend of "tool" i would like to learn and understand

when you write bflash it shows that you dont know what you are talking about because rs3 i way longer around than any bflash

power in my case does not decrease, i dont have a real ori eeprom because car was pretuned by mtm and some folks say you have to do it with bdm100 instead of ktag blabla

its just about the p0601 in my case
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 10:53:35 PM by aef » Logged
gman86

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2020, 03:36:27 AM »

when you write bflash it shows that you dont know what you are talking about because rs3 i way longer around than any bflash

bFlash is a tool that writes to this ECU via OBD. Your comment makes no sense either - of course the car is round longer than the tool. How can you make a tool to work on a car before it exists???
aef

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2020, 04:07:16 AM »

my intention was to say that the "right equipment" was available bevore bflash and autotuner

check topscoders other posts... looks like autotuner is not the right equipment  Lips sealed
cherry

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2020, 07:14:57 AM »

I think there are 2 different "problems" in these ecu. First is the P0601 error which is maybe just because of not correct checksums. The second is that in newer ecu is a harcoded monitoring which does not even set any error, but you get message in cluster and power is gone. In generic OBD values you can see something is wrong. This happens after some driving time, i dont know when it´s set. Maybe after several transgression from boost, vmax, or whatever. Anyway it´s a hardcoded problem. In past i read sometimes that car was tuned fine and after one week it´s driving stock again. Not sure if that part from ecu can be written via OBD anyway...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: