Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Throttle plate closing to 50% at 4k rpm  (Read 4221 times)
giles92

« on: September 04, 2019, 05:17:11 PM »

Lately ive been working on refining my k24 file for my a6. I have run into an issue with my throttle plate going from 100% to 50% as i crossover 4,000 rpms. This is right at where im ramping up my boost. Its not overboost, i dont think its torque monitoring.  Ive attached a log of a 2nd gear and partial 3rd gear pull. Any help is much appreciated this has been hanging me up for a while.

srm k24 turbos
gt500 inj
551r file
giles92

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 07:44:44 PM »

heres a pic of the log so you dont need to work too hard

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 09:38:13 PM »

throttle cut because your wgdc is at zero and you are still over boosting.

Your wgs are WAY too tight, your n75 is busted, your wg line is busted, or your wg is stuck closed. Or you are running an MBC lol.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 02:55:37 AM »

It's not 5120 btw
giles92

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 04:28:17 AM »

They crack at 15 psi. ive only got ldrxn set for about 17 peak so i guess i need to crank the requested up a little and that should help. It threw me off that it starts to close before actual exceeds requested but i guess the pid knows its going to overshoot. Thanks for the help this rules out alot for me and just leaves managing boost and it should get sorted.

fukenbroken - what makes you think its not 5120? ive gone in and adjusted the constants in the .ecu file for the log so everything doesnt look off in that respect.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 08:03:28 AM »

It threw me off that it starts to close before actual exceeds requested but i guess the pid knows its going to overshoot.

Actually, I didn't notice that. That is strange. Still you will see TC at around 250mbar deviation. Not sure why it is triggering early.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
giles92

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 04:14:45 PM »

I spent some more time analyzing and i think i have a theory on whats going on if anyone can lend some input.
It appears that my rlsol flattens out right as the throttle cut occurs. Im trying to run beyond what that limit showed in ecuxplot
the solution here is more load request out of IOP/IRL correct? Im going to try a little higher IRL value and see if that has an impact.
please see image.

if thats not correct the other thing i was worried about was WDKUDGN trying to manage the throttle body below wastegate cracking pressure. I dont believe thats the case because it doesnt sort itself out once i get past wg crack pressure. the TB stays stuck at 50 for the whole pull
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 04:19:00 PM »

It is absolutely insane trying to run your WGs at 0%

Fix that first.

ECUx Plot

giles92

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 04:57:37 PM »

If i felt safer about the tune and sent it to 22 psi at 4500 ish i feel like id make some headroom for the wastegate to actually reduce boost levels generated. Its kinda mayhem trying to run boost at cracking pressure levels. Thats what im going to go for next.

This issue has postponed development of my tune. Initially i thought i was over boosting so i was reducing duty cycle. Part of the overboost you see is in response to the throttle plate starting to close. when that happens the map sensor upstream of the throttle body sees an increase in backpressure because of the restriction. As the throttle still stays closed i still have a back pressure there and a skewed boost reading from what itd be with the TB open.

You seem to think more mechanical issue with my WG. I was thinking its caused by boost being less than wg pressure to relieve boost levels.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 05:16:59 PM »

If you continue to bottom out WG i'm guessing there might be another throttle cut threshold in ME.

I'd have to dig around the FR but I'm almost certain of it. Negative lde at 0 wgdc is almost certainly an error condition any designer can and should take advantage of to detect wg or wg line failure.

ECUx Plot

giles92

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 05:28:52 PM »

thats insight i was looking for. it gives me something to work on. Ill up the boost curve a little and try and clean up WGDC. ill keep an eye on rlsol too. Thank you for your patience and persistence to help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: