Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Noobie questions and back story- regarding immobilizer on ECU/cluster  (Read 2898 times)
jas3113

Hi All,

I have been going through a lot of the post and very sorry if my searches have not been thorough.  I grew up before Windows so dos should be something I know, but I know just enough to do certain things.

I have a 04 B6 1.8T and I have a 04 B6 S4. I lost the key to the 04 S4 (not a big deal have one coming in and on the way) from the dealer, but not sure when it will be here (ordered 9/19).  The thing is the car is in a bad area and they already broke into the car and broke the door lock and small window (least of my concerns right now), moved it to a safer place.  I am on a pretty tight budget and not really wanting to spend $300-$400 to tow the car on top of parts to fix her.  My priority right now is to just get the car to move on it's own before the new key arrives.  I am not looking to remap the ecu, just remove the immobilizer on the ECU and Cluster.

That being said I am going to ask a slew of questions just so I have everything I needed to ask out there and some may be redundant to you or simple for you all, but I have a slightly slower mind, so bear with me....lol. Hence not making the big bucks of being a programmer, but hands on working on cars and building.

I am looking to temporarily change the ignition key until the new key arrives, with doing that I will need to disable the immobilizer on the ECU and I assume the cluster for the new temp key to work.

Simple question 1st -
1) Can I just use the EEProm to disable the immobilizer on the ECU and cluster
        -I believe I need to add 33 to the value/checksum for it to work.

Now here So here goes! Remember this is just a temp fix to save a few hundred bucks.

1) Are NefMoto and EEProm 2 independent programs or dependent on each other to work?
2) Do I need to work in BootMode to use EEProm to flash my ECU?  Or does EEProm just flashes automatically?
       - Does this also apply to the cluster (sorry I never made it that far) OR can I use the A4 cluster with the same Key work on a S4
3) This one is a dumb questions - Are bin files automatically saved or do I need to copy from CMD and save them as a bin somewhere?
4) When flashing can the bin files be any name or does it need to be the same?

Lastly -

Does someone local to NYC just want to do it for me if I bring the ECU and/or cluster.   

I am sorry sorry for the super newb questions.

Thanks in advance!

_nameless

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 04:01:18 AM »

Basically everything you said is wrong. Turning off the immo just allows the car to start with non matching immo. You camt disable immo in eeprom and fwiw I wouldnt even atempt to read the cluster. Those clusters are rb4 crypto clusters and if you fuck up the eeprom theres no recovory for the cluster. Also just immo offing the ecu it will start and run but your hadzord light will flash for 15 min becaise the keys not paired with the cluster Not only that but theres nothing in the ecluster that can be disabled or at leat thats publicly released. You need bootmode to disable the immo. Tje best bet is to read the skc from the eeprom of the ecu and just program the new key with the skc you retreaved

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
BlackT

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 04:53:38 AM »

Eeprogoramer v1.19 can put RB4 cluster in virgin mode, it will disable immo, you can use that to move car on another location. And you must disable immo in ECU.
You read epprom .bin change some values, do checksums and write .bin back to ECU.
You must put ecu in boot mode to do this,
Orr you can buy new key with free immo id48 capsule. Most of key workshop have it. Than adapt that key with epprom programer 1.19 and vcds
jas3113

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 07:35:39 AM »

Basically everything you said is wrong. Turning off the immo just allows the car to start with non matching immo. You camt disable immo in eeprom and fwiw I wouldnt even atempt to read the cluster. Those clusters are rb4 crypto clusters and if you fuck up the eeprom theres no recovory for the cluster. Also just immo offing the ecu it will start and run but your hadzord light will flash for 15 min becaise the keys not paired with the cluster Not only that but theres nothing in the ecluster that can be disabled or at leat thats publicly released. You need bootmode to disable the immo. Tje best bet is to read the skc from the eeprom of the ecu and just program the new key with the skc you retreaved

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  It sounded good in my head and glad I actually asked.

As I was talking to another S4 owner and ready to pick up ECU/Cluster/Key's etc he said the same thing why not just get a key recut and pair it, which I will do when I get the new key.

This might be off topic, but need some thoughts -

I had previously picked up a couple of new Ebay keyfobs and had those cut for my A4, but never paired the immobilizer.  I am picking up a used set of ignition, door handle/lock and key, this afternoon.  My thoughts is to remove the RFID chip from the never paired keyfob put it into the used key, read the SKC with eeprom and program it. 

Again, just need validation that would work (possibly).

If so I am assuming I do not need to put the ECU into bootmode to use the eeprom to read the SKC or does it need to be put into boot mode?

Thanks again!

John
jas3113

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 07:36:51 AM »

Eeprogoramer v1.19 can put RB4 cluster in virgin mode, it will disable immo, you can use that to move car on another location. And you must disable immo in ECU.
You read epprom .bin change some values, do checksums and write .bin back to ECU.
You must put ecu in boot mode to do this,
Orr you can buy new key with free immo id48 capsule. Most of key workshop have it. Than adapt that key with epprom programer 1.19 and vcds

Well you just answered my question!

thank you!!

John
BlackT

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 08:54:59 AM »

You don't need to put ecu in boot mode to read skc, you can read it via K-commander 1.4
Or sometimes it can be read with eeprom tool from this forum
But you can read skc from cluster with eepromprogramer 1.19
jas3113

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 09:25:12 AM »

You don't need to put ecu in boot mode to read skc, you can read it via K-commander 1.4
Or sometimes it can be read with eeprom tool from this forum
But you can read skc from cluster with eepromprogramer 1.19

Great!

Unfortunately I do not have the k-commander and not sure if the program would work with the Ross Vag cable?

I am hoping to be able to read the skc from the eeprom tool.  The car was built in Mid 2003 and sold as a 04 so, fingers cross it can pop out.  Just need to find the rest of the instructions on how to extract the rest of the info.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: