Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B6 A4 TDI Cluster Adaptation  (Read 1933 times)
Koehn

« on: September 10, 2019, 04:56:45 PM »

This is continuing from the thread I accidentally started in "Noob Guides & FAQs". So it's clear my noob status is well deserved. If a mod wants to delete that thread, please do.

Background: engine swapped EU market 1.9TDI engine into my NA market 2005 1.8T Avant Quattro. So new cluster and new ECU that both came from B6's but not the same donor car and so aren't paired.

Current Status: Still working through the cluster adaptation process. Moved forward but I seem to have hit another wall.

Cluster SKC is 1240
ECU SKC is 8602

In VCDS I can see that the IMMO ID is different between the two controllers (as expected). When I login to each controller using the appropriate SKC, nothing seems to change. Is that normal? No dialogue box, no additional options, no new fields filled in.

Following the Ross-Tech instructions, I went to Insturments-17, then Login-11 and entered 01240. Then I go into Adaptation-10, Channel 050 -> Read. The stored value is 32000. In the New Value field I enter in the ECU SKC (08602), click Test and then the fields up above show "System" "Not OK". I've tried this numerous times, it always ends the same way. Advice?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: