Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not Sure If ECU is Bricked, Successful Flash, Won't Start  (Read 2964 times)
KAWIMAN34

« on: June 11, 2020, 05:19:50 PM »

I have flashed successfully over 20 times tuning my M-Box. I was flashing today and had a connection interruption/failure 20% through (may have been from bumping the cable). Closed nef, turned key off, turned key on, connected nef successfully, and flashed the file successfully. Still won't start. Disconnected Battery for 5 minutes and still no start. All of my previous file's flashed and started successfully. Adjusted KRKTE slightly with this file. No checksum errors in the bin.

I can connect successfully with vcds and nefmoto which make me wonder if its bricked or an epprom code (from reading) that needs to be cleared. Maybe I need to touch the battery leads together to clear the ecu? Or maybe I need to go into boot mode with galleto? Before I venture into getting hardware for boot mode, I was wondering if anyone had input on this issue as I was not able to find a similar circumstance.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 05:35:09 PM »

check all your fuses, clutch pedal switch, etc.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
KAWIMAN34

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 06:03:28 PM »

check all your fuses, clutch pedal switch, etc.

Thanks nyet. I will check that out. The car is at another location (fathers house) as i was driving, tuning, flashing. I just went and tried grounding out the ecu and that didn't make a difference. When I attempted to start it, it fired for a second and then a continuous crank. Attempting to crank again no fire it all. It did this also after the scenario explained in the OP. So resetting the ecu seems to trigger this. To be clear the car is turning over just not firing.

Tomorrow I will check fuses, and reflash the last working file (given I am able and not bricked) in case my changes made it go pig rich which is what I am starting to suspect. I hesitate to post questions and I may have jumped the gun on it being an issue related to this section but I will report anyway.
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 06:05:38 PM »

I have flashed successfully over 20 times tuning my M-Box. I was flashing today and had a connection interruption/failure 20% through (may have been from bumping the cable). Closed nef, turned key off, turned key on, connected nef successfully, and flashed the file successfully. Still won't start. Disconnected Battery for 5 minutes and still no start. All of my previous file's flashed and started successfully. Adjusted KRKTE slightly with this file. No checksum errors in the bin.

I can connect successfully with vcds and nefmoto which make me wonder if its bricked or an epprom code (from reading) that needs to be cleared. Maybe I need to touch the battery leads together to clear the ecu? Or maybe I need to go into boot mode with galleto? Before I venture into getting hardware for boot mode, I was wondering if anyone had input on this issue as I was not able to find a similar circumstance.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Try reading the file off of the car then write the file back.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
KAWIMAN34

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 06:09:49 PM »

I was right. Noob error. I had a bad value in TVUB and it caused this. Flashed a previous file and it started right up. Back to working on my fueling...

Thanks for the input.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: