Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad wastegate actuator?  (Read 2457 times)
Lechuga

« on: January 08, 2020, 04:27:53 AM »

Is the chart an indication of a bad WG actuator? Already did a boost leak check, exhaust mani is not cracked, turbo is less than 1 year old. TIA
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 09:45:36 AM »

What is cracking pressure of wg?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Lechuga

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 10:52:36 AM »

The actuator starts to move at 0.3 bar. In the meantime I found the N75 was broken (so I replaced it). I believe the actuator should start to move at 0.5 bar. Is this correct?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 10:58:02 AM »

The actuator starts to move at 0.3 bar. In the meantime I found the N75 was broken (so I replaced it). I believe the actuator should start to move at 0.5 bar. Is this correct?

If you are requesting 2.5 bar that isn't going to work.

In fact, you shouldn't be requesting 2.5 bar in the first place for other reasons.

Any guesses why?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Lechuga

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 11:10:43 AM »

That was quick!  Wink

I was unaware I was requesting 2.5 bar. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was 1.5 + atmospheric pressure. 2.5 bar + atmospheric pressure would be well beyond the turbo's boost capabilities and off the scale in the compressor map.

Is the cracking point supposed to be 0.5bar?

Cheers!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 11:14:29 AM »

That was quick!  Wink

I was unaware I was requesting 2.5 bar. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was 1.5 + atmospheric pressure. 2.5 bar + atmospheric pressure would be well beyond the turbo's boost capabilities and off the scale in the compressor map.
No, you are indeed requesting 1.5 bar (2.5 bar absolute - its right there in your log).

However, that is still not a good thing, even if it is well within your turbo's ability.

Please reread the tuning wiki.

Is the cracking point supposed to be 0.5bar?

It's supposed to be whatever you need it to be to balance

1) the max boost you can make with the wastegates closed
2) part throttle drivability

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: