Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to get a XDF file from a bin file?  (Read 2837 times)
Dazza67

« on: October 10, 2019, 05:26:18 PM »

Arrggghhh.. Frustration
I have been trying to work out how to make a XDF file from my bin, which I will upload when I get home.
It appears there is a missing step, or something I am missing, which is more the like.
I see a lot of "download the XDF" and then the download is a BIN, or use WinOLS for which the manual seems to assume you are born with the knowledge.
As a newbie to this stuff, I have so far, removed the Immobilizer, downloaded the BIN file, loaded the BIN into a hex editor, WinOLS, vaguely sorted the maps, but would like to know what I am looking at, and finally spent now 4 days (about 20 hours) trying to work out how to create the XDF file.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to be able to do this, and it is making me feel pretty stupid at the moment.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 05:31:03 PM »

You have to make it by hand or find a different bin that has already been defined for you and is cross flashable to your ECU

You omitted which P/N you are working with.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Dazza67

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 05:52:51 PM »

Sorry Nyet, the PT# is 4B0906018AA.
You have outlined the bit I need, how to make the definition. I realize it might be not easy to explain how to go about creating the file (definition?), and I understand it is a huge learning curve.
Thanks for your time
BlackT

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 07:01:14 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKSe1fPbTlA&t=420s
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: