Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Flash memory validation failed  (Read 7969 times)
GolfSportWagen

« on: October 18, 2019, 09:50:07 PM »

I was able to read and save an ME 7.1 ECU flash without issue but when I tried to read an ME 7.1.1 ECU I had to use a 2.2K resistor on pin 21 in addition to applying 12v to pin 121. Once I was able to connect properly when trying to read the flash in KWP2000 mode after selecting the proper 29F800BB flash memory it gave me an error message that read as follows:

ECU reports programming session preconditions have not been met.
Reasons preconditions failed:
-Immobilizer not authenticated

When trying to read in boot mode using the Nefmoto software I get the following message:

Reading ECU flash memory.
ECU reports programming session preconditions have been met.
Negotiating communication timings.
Timing negotiation failed. Communication timings are unchanged.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Starting diagnostic session.
Successfully started diagnostic session.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Validating flash memory starts at 0x00800000 and ends at 0x00900000.
Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Memory layout validation failed.
Reading ECU flash memory failed. Trying to force ECU to recognize read operation is complete.
Checksum validation routine did not start or complete correctly.
Finished forcing ECU to recognize that failed read operation is complete.
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
100% complete.

I am using the 29F800BB memory as read directly from the chip. I also tried just 29F800 without success. I tried two ME 7.1.1 ECUs just to see if the results were different and I get the same messages on both.

Any help appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 09:57:43 PM by GolfSportWagen » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 10:38:31 PM »

You must read it via booot mode with galieto.
Later you can flash it with nefmoto
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 02:52:03 PM »

Thanks. Why does Nefmoto flashing software have a boot mode read option? I have been unable to find any Galletto cable/drivers that will work in Win 10.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 03:03:43 PM »

Thanks. Why does Nefmoto flashing software have a boot mode read option? I have been unable to find any Galletto cable/drivers that will work in Win 10.

https://github.com/NefMoto/NefMotoOpenSource/issues/6

Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.

I assume you saw this. BTW the ecu wasn't in bootmode or you would never have gotten this far in the process.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 03:21:02 PM »

https://github.com/NefMoto/NefMotoOpenSource/issues/6

I assume you saw this. BTW the ecu wasn't in bootmode or you would never have gotten this far in the process.

Thanks Nyet. I was unaware that the boot mode feature was not yet finished in the Nefmoto software...

Yes I saw the "RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software" notice. That's why I tried a second ME 7.1.1 ECU and got the exact same error message. There is no external or internal stickers or anything to indicate that these ECUs have a tune though it's always a possibility.

How would I know if the ECU is in boot mode other than being able to read the flash? Can I use ArgDubs EEPROM to do an IMMO off ?

TIA
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 03:24:50 PM »

How would I know if the ECU is in boot mode other than being able to read the flash? Can I use ArgDubs EEPROM to do an IMMO off ?

1) you can't (well you can in other ways, but for your purposes those ways are more work)
2) if you mean his tool (not literally his eeprom image), yes.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 02:35:30 PM »

1) you can't (well you can in other ways, but for your purposes those ways are more work)
2) if you mean his tool (not literally his eeprom image), yes.

I decided to try reading the ECU in my car via OBD with the Nefmoto flashing software and I get the exact same error message as when bench testing the wreck yard ECUs so it appears that some other tricks are required to disable the IMMO. I would have thought that in the car with the ignition key turned on the IMMO would have been disabled but not the case even after multiple tries and cycling the ignition on an off while connected to Nefmoto.

Is there a practical means to determine if the ECU is an ST10 or C167? Maybe I can find additional info. on how to get into boot mode as neither an 8K resistor on the boot pin not just grounding pin 24 seems to do the trick.
BlackT

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 02:42:47 PM »

Then you must get mpps, kess... Or simply make a dual boot on your PC and instal windows 7 and use galleto.
Even if you disable IMMO some ECUs (most of them after 2002-2003) can not be read by nef moto
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 02:58:27 PM »

Then you must get mpps, kess... Or simply make a dual boot on your PC and instal windows 7 and use galleto.
Even if you disable IMMO some ECUs (most of them after 2002-2003) can not be read by nef moto

OK thanks for the info. I have not seen this info. in any of the threads that I have read on Nef and that is a lot of threads.  Wink  Do you know what prevents the later ECUs from being read and how the mpps or Galletto cables are able to read them?

What is different about mpps vs. a K-line vs. Galletto cables other than some included software? I'd like to be able to get into boot mode and have the ability to salvage a bricked ECU which I understand Galletto can do but I can't find any Win 10 cable drivers as it looks like no one has bothered to create them.

Thanks for any help.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 02:59:28 PM »

Is there a practical means to determine if the ECU is an ST10 or C167?

Not sure if you ever mentioned the P/N

ECUx Plot

GolfSportWagen

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 03:02:48 PM »

Not sure if you ever mentioned the P/N

The VW P.N. is 022 906 032 KR from a 2008 VW R32. The Bosch # is 0 261 201 807. HW = H02, 1098, mfg. date 6-16-07.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 03:31:28 PM »

That's definitely going to be ST10

ECUx Plot

GolfSportWagen

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2019, 03:41:46 PM »

That's definitely going to be ST10

Nyet - Thanks for confirming ST10.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2019, 06:23:27 PM »

Nyet - Thanks for confirming ST10.

Yea, sorry to be the bearer of bad news Sad

ECUx Plot

GolfSportWagen

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2019, 07:53:38 PM »

Well it's just more of a challenge I guess.  Cry    Do you tell by the date of mfg., part number or some other means? Need any hobby projects?  Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: