Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: AFR peaking & troughing at WOT  (Read 6447 times)
IWay

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2019, 03:08:52 AM »

Thanks,

Some clarification questions;

Is the Lambda Control primarily for preventing lean running & preventing engine damage or to try and maintain the requested AFR?

MLHFM is volts to air mass, I haven't changed the MAF sensor or housing so should I need to change this?

KRKTE can be calculated, I'm using 0.05927 for 550cc injectors?

Thanks again
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2019, 09:56:08 AM »

Is the Lambda Control primarily for preventing lean running & preventing engine damage or to try and maintain the requested AFR?
Yes
MLHFM is volts to air mass, I haven't changed the MAF sensor or housing so should I need to change this?
No.

KRKTE can be calculated, I'm using 0.05927 for 550cc injectors?

Don't know offhand. But assuming you did not change intake or MAF, you should be able to get within 15% (non-idle) with only krkte adjustments.

If you cannot, or the KRKTE is way off expected, you have a hardware problem (leak, bad maf, fpr, bad pump, clogged injector, leaking injector, leaking rail, etc).

Easiest diag is put krkte/tvub to stock, put in stock injectors, and see results.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
IWay

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2019, 09:53:06 AM »

Thanks all,

I think I've got how it works now.

You need to get the STFT & LTFT within 10% of zero, the STFT going from + to - at idle, I have this STFT -3-ish to +6-ish and LTFT 1.5.

Is it worth trying to adjust the FKKVS to mitigate the problem as well as winding in the load at 3 - 4k rpm?

I think the hardware is working fine as I'm using the factory map and it's boosting over the requested, with plenty of pull until the boost & AFR yo-yo.
IWay

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2019, 11:43:42 AM »

FYI,

Made some good progress today, I adjusted the FKKVS, dramatically reduced the AFR yo-yo and therefore the Boost yo-yo, not sure if I can feel the yo-yo now or if I'm imagining it.

A little more tweaking of the FKKVS, KFMIRL & LDRXN, then it should be Happy Days  Smiley (assuming another problem doesn’t crop up)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: