Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 04' Touareg 4.2L Rear O2 (Lambda) Delete Help  (Read 4697 times)
pilot60378

« on: October 21, 2019, 07:46:02 PM »

Hi Guys,

I am in need of having my rear O2 sensors deleted out of the ecu. I have my eeprom file I downloaded from the ecu with mpps. Can someone help me? I work on these cars but don't have the know how on what to do with this. Any help would be appreciated.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 03:58:51 AM »

Hi Guys,
Nice first post.
I am in need of having my rear O2 sensors deleted out of the ecu. I have my eeprom file I downloaded from the ecu with mpps. Can someone help me? I work on these cars but don't have the know how on what to do with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's some help. Start reading the wiki and the forum. Learn what you need and do it. Stop asking for handouts its pathetic

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
pilot60378

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 04:39:27 AM »

Here's some help. Start reading the wiki and the forum. Learn what you need and do it. Stop asking for handouts its pathetic

Marty,

I'm willing to learn how to do this, I'd prefer that. I've been reading the forum and S4wiki, have TunerPro, Winols. I'm not sure exactly where to start or what to do. Do I need a damos file? Wouldn't this just be done through the dtc table?

I'm not asking for a handout, thanks!
bamofo

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 04:44:01 AM »

Handout or not by the time you read all the wiki's here your eye will be bleeding and you still will have no point of reference and probably have lost interest.

Rear o2 on the 4.2 you should just buy spacers it fixes them and it ships instantly off amazon..

The two DTC's are located at 1C6BF & 1C6C0

Thats the cheater way. to do it like nyet and their teams posted on s4wiki is a lot more learning and luck to find a definition for your car that is exact. no one does work on the 4.2 except a few people. most of them dont log on anymore. Report back if that worked.
pilot60378

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 04:53:45 AM »

Handout or not by the time you read all the wiki's here your eye will be bleeding and you still will have no point of reference and probably have lost interest.

Rear o2 on the 4.2 you should just buy spacers it fixes them and it ships instantly off amazon..

The two DTC's are located at 1C6BF & 1C6C0

Thats the cheater way. to do it like nyet and their teams posted on s4wiki is a lot more learning and luck to find a definition for your car that is exact. no one does work on the 4.2 except a few people. most of them dont log on anymore. Report back if that worked.

Thank you for the reply!!

I already installed spacers but the sensors are dead and I don't want to buy more just to make the system shut up.  So do I just go to those hex locations and zero them out? I am assuming I'd need to checksum the file afterwards?  I agree about the eyeball bleed hahahaaa You are absolutely right about no real support in this area for the 4.2!

Thanks!
_nameless

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 06:16:45 AM »

prokon starts at 18194. 1c664 is error class start.  1bcf19 is eskonf

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
pilot60378

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 08:12:39 AM »

prokon starts at 18194. 1c664 is error class start.  1bcf19 is eskonf

Marty,

So if eskonf is 1BCF19, is that the address, map or something else? When I use winols and do a search for 1BCF19 in the hexdump with hex it finds nothing, if in decimal it finds many occurrences. I'm trying to understand how to find it in my in file. Sorry for the dumb noob questions. How exactly do I find ESKONF?

Rear O2 ESKONF
If you intend to disconnect/remove the sensors, the first thing to try is to configure ESKONF (13 bytes starting at 0x10C75):[57]. As a side benefit, even if you still intend to leave the sensors installed and connected, you should not need to disable circuit diagnosis.

ESKONF[5] (0x10C7A) - set to 0xC0 (set bits 6 and 7)
ESKONF[6] (0x10C7B) - set from 0xF3 to 0xFF (M-box) (set bits 2 and 3)
ESKONF[6] (0x10C7B) - set to 0xC3 to 0xCF (L-box) (set bits 2 and 3)
Blazius

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 09:16:03 AM »

Just locate the byte groups, and put winols view to binary then you can easily code it out.
bamofo

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 01:14:32 PM »

Marty,

So if eskonf is 1BCF19, is that the address, map or something else? When I use winols and do a search for 1BCF19 in the hexdump with hex it finds nothing, if in decimal it finds many occurrences. I'm trying to understand how to find it in my in file. Sorry for the dumb noob questions. How exactly do I find ESKONF?

Rear O2 ESKONF
If you intend to disconnect/remove the sensors, the first thing to try is to configure ESKONF (13 bytes starting at 0x10C75):[57]. As a side benefit, even if you still intend to leave the sensors installed and connected, you should not need to disable circuit diagnosis.

ESKONF[5] (0x10C7A) - set to 0xC0 (set bits 6 and 7)
ESKONF[6] (0x10C7B) - set from 0xF3 to 0xFF (M-box) (set bits 2 and 3)
ESKONF[6] (0x10C7B) - set to 0xC3 to 0xCF (L-box) (set bits 2 and 3)

No those are instructions for 7.1 and 7.5 on his Wiki. 7.1.1 is different. Also Marty added in extra something to the ESKONF. Locations of what you needed to change are @ ESKONF - 1037E

2 CELS were @ 1c6bf & 1c6c0

Updated to turn the Rear o2 off and removed the 2 cel's. Also Checksum'd it. Note: Ive never written these roms back on a 7.1.1 ECU without doing it in boot mode. So even though this is the handout you need. you also need to do this with a galleto cable and bootmode. That's what i had to do at least... You might have better luck. Ping me if you brick it Sad
pilot60378

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 02:50:21 PM »

No those are instructions for 7.1 and 7.5 on his Wiki. 7.1.1 is different. Also Marty added in extra something to the ESKONF. Locations of what you needed to change are @ ESKONF - 1037E

2 CELS were @ 1c6bf & 1c6c0

Updated to turn the Rear o2 off and removed the 2 cel's. Also Checksum'd it. Note: Ive never written these roms back on a 7.1.1 ECU without doing it in boot mode. So even though this is the handout you need. you also need to do this with a galleto cable and bootmode. That's what i had to do at least... You might have better luck. Ping me if you brick it Sad

I have a mpps to read and write to it. I could never get my VCDS cable to work with it and Nefmoto software. Maybe I should get a spare ECU to play with, this car is my daily driver.
bamofo

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 03:51:00 PM »

I have a mpps to read and write to it. I could never get my VCDS cable to work with it and Nefmoto software. Maybe I should get a spare ECU to play with, this car is my daily driver.

Still going to need bootmode to get the EEPROM off i believe. If you have it great! if you don't then you will need it.

Bootmode can be done by sending me the ECU and ill send it back with an external wire (still need a galleto cable). Or you can do it! there are great write ups here. just doing it so you dont rip the pad off the Board isnt super simple.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: