Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: NefMoto ME7 ECU Flasher and Data Logger Version 1.9.3.0 - With Fast Data Logging  (Read 77204 times)
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

This is the version 1.9.3.0 release of the NefMoto software.

Changes in this version:
-Fast data logging that works the same way as the ME7 Logger.
-User interface optimizations and improvements for data logging.
-Option to choose between three different data logging methods.
-Bug fix for negotiating communication timings that caused errors on overly picky ECUs.

Fast data logging can read up to 84 variables at a time with samples rates as high as 50 samples per second. The sample rate defaults to 10 samples per second. High sample rates can overload the ECU and cause communication disconnections. This same problem effects the ME7 Logger when attempting to read too many variables with sample rates that are too high. I recommend only logging the variables you are interested in at sample rate you need. The data logging method that this software and ME7 Logger use are non-standard and as such are able to overload the ECU if used irresponsibly.

Aside from the new fast data logging, there are two other methods for data logging in the NefMoto software. The other two methods read variables from the ECU using the standard OEM KWP2000 protocol. One of the methods reads one variable with each ECU message, and the other reads all the variables in a block of contiguous memory with each ECU message. All three methods depend on having variable definitions that specify the memory addresses of the variables in your particular ECU.

You can read about the software on the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/NefMoto_ECU_Flashing_Software

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
s4rmm

Tony,
received an error when flashing with this version. Log attached.
LOG: Received negative response for service ID: SecurityAccess, with response code: GeneralReject
USER: ECU reports that security access request was rejected
No problems with previous 1.9.2.3
All_Euro

Fast data logging can read up to 84 variables at a time with samples rates as high as 50 samples per second. The sample rate defaults to 10 samples per second. High sample rates can overload the ECU and cause communication disconnections. This same problem effects the ME7 Logger when attempting to read too many variables with sample rates that are too high. I recommend only logging the variables you are interested in at sample rate you need. The data logging method that this software and ME7 Logger use are non-standard and as such are able to overload the ECU if used irresponsibly.

^^^ thanks for this, I'll double check my sample rate as ME7 Logger isn't working right since I had my Unitronic file flashed to their 2+... I'm getting timing pull values of 40*-50*... VCDS works but it so SLOW Sad

I'll download your flasher/logger and give it a try this weekend Smiley
Jason

Breaks everything!

Something I noticed, and maybe it's just this winders install being stupid, but if I read a file and want to over-write an existing file, the application hangs in the save file dialog box...
julex

Shutting your ECU due to too many variables/too high refresh rate is not fun. Happened to me, it is like hitting a brick wall when doing WOT pull... literally. You go from 0.5g to -0.2 or so in an instant. The lower the gear, the larger g change. The ECU reset within about 0.5 - 1s though and re-fires the engine so you get jerked back into the seat again almost instantaneously.
-SlowSilverTIPJason-

Shutting your ECU due to too many variables/too high refresh rate is not fun. Happened to me, it is like hitting a brick wall when doing WOT pull... literally. You go from 0.5g to -0.2 or so in an instant. The lower the gear, the larger g change. The ECU reset within about 0.5 - 1s though and re-fires the engine so you get jerked back into the seat again almost instantaneously.

How many vars/samples caused the reset?  Trying to avoid this while tuning my buddies car because I know he will turn his pants brown.
Jason

Breaks everything!

Do we know sample rate/data rate is definitely the trigger?  Out of about 40 hours of continuous logging, I've only had it happen once, and it was while cruising on the highway.  The ECU recovered fast.  I was using the Mark P style template and a sample rate of around 50hz.

The part I found interesting was that the instrument cluster was "dead" for about 30 seconds.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

Anyone else have issues flashing with this or the previous version?

It will not read or write to my M-box at all... It says something about security access not allowed/granted.

I have to go back and use ver. 1.8.0.0 and all works fine.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Jason

Breaks everything!

I'm having no problems with 1.9.2.3.  I'll go try the latest version now.
Jason

Breaks everything!

It's working just fine for me on my M-box.
Jason

Breaks everything!

Anybody else getting "no response was received for the Tester Present message" when trying to detect supported baud rates?

Connecting...
Starting fast init connection.
Connecting to address 0x01.
Fast init sent, sending start communication request.
Switching to KWP2000 session.
Connected
Disabling Windows sleep mode.
Please wait while all supported baud rates are detected.
Detecting supported baud rates.
Detecting supported baud rates failed.
100% complete.
Restoring Windows sleep mode.
Disconnecting because no response was received for the Tester Present message.
Disconnected
julex

Do we know sample rate/data rate is definitely the trigger?  Out of about 40 hours of continuous logging, I've only had it happen once, and it was while cruising on the highway.  The ECU recovered fast.  I was using the Mark P style template and a sample rate of around 50hz.

The part I found interesting was that the instrument cluster was "dead" for about 30 seconds.

It is uncertain. I've had it happen couple of times on slow rate and low amount of variables situation... Since then I log about 2x as more stuff at same rate and no problems at all. Seems like it is fairly inconsistent.
Jason

Breaks everything!

It is uncertain. I've had it happen couple of times on slow rate and low amount of variables situation... Since then I log about 2x as more stuff at same rate and no problems at all. Seems like it is fairly inconsistent.

Did your cluster die completely like mine?  Or did it spring back right away?
s5fourdoor

pardon my ignorance but where are the xml definition files required to use the logger?
masterj

Quick question here: Is boot mode now fully supported? I mean read and write access?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: