Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Drage Engine Analyzer  (Read 37229 times)
Blazius

« on: November 05, 2019, 05:45:09 PM »

I just stumbled upon this program, and I searched the forum and found nothing about it.

It basically uses Me7logger to show realtime variables in a neat window, it also can popup alarms if a variable exceeds a limit etc. Pretty neat!

http://www.drageengineanalyzer.org/

http://www.drageengineanalyzer.org/media.php

aef

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 06:53:18 AM »

very cool  Wink
dal

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 07:37:22 AM »

Cool. Will test it tonight.

Audi A3 8L
1984cc stroker - E100 - ME7 wideband converted - 400whp target
Instagram: @a3stroker
dal

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 05:41:08 PM »

Just used it the software. Worked fine. The "dash screen" feature is good for 2.7T owners, because of the double banks of cylinders of the engine. For the 1.8T, another dash layout would be nice.
I will compile my impressions to the developer and send to him later. But the software is very good anyway, worth the try.

Audi A3 8L
Blazius

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 02:58:05 AM »

Just used it the software. Worked fine. The "dash screen" feature is good for 2.7T owners, because of the double banks of cylinders of the engine. For the 1.8T, another dash layout would be nice.
I will compile my impressions to the developer and send to him later. But the software is very good anyway, worth the try.

Nice, maybe ask him for open source ? prolly not but maybe.
rdrage

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 05:45:49 AM »

Hello ...

Nice that youre guys are testing my program Smiley Smiley ...I have had 1 year pause from the program, so I tought it was time do something again..... I have uploaded a new version now.

There is 2 versions of my program.
DrageEngineAnalyzer.exe --> its made for screen in your your 800 x 600.
DrageEngineAnalyzerHD.exe its made for office PC where you can look more att the numbers.

Just download, unzip to root catalog of the ME7logger. Use default values for Logpath ang logfilenamepath.
Click on reset button when you start it for the first time. Use that button on the variables tabpage.

PS! Dont log for 80 variables att 20 hz for cruising / driving. I suggest that you log up to 30 variables att 10 hz. I have used my program/ME7 for att least 200 hours in the car. IF you log 80 variables att 20 hz, the CPU load can exceed 95% and then the ECU can stop for a split second.

PS! I will make a layout for 1.8T dash within 2-3 weeks.

Just send me an email and i will send to a licensekey for enabling alarms.....

http://www.drageengineanalyzer.org/download.php

rdrage

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 04:26:09 AM »

I have added a Single-Turbo dashboard now if someone wants to test it....

PS! the previous verison had some problem with the colors firsttime you started the program. Should be ok now.

http://www.drageengineanalyzer.org/download.php
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 04:11:38 AM by rdrage » Logged
Pynoxim

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 07:58:05 AM »

Thanks for the awesome work man
rdrage

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 04:11:09 AM »

Thanks for the awesome work man

Thx alot Smiley

fluke9

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 12:57:26 PM »

PS! Dont log for 80 variables att 20 hz for cruising / driving. I suggest that you log up to 30 variables att 10 hz. I have used my program/ME7 for att least 200 hours in the car. IF you log 80 variables att 20 hz, the CPU load can exceed 95% and then the ECU can stop for a split second.

The KWP2000 protocols put out quite some load on the CPU,
what you have seen is most likely a real watchdog reset of ERCOS (the OS ME7 runs on).

Software is pretty fast to catch on after that because it has a resetIndication from the OS and will skip immo and stuff just to get the car running.
Boschs priority was always to ensure the Software never halts the Engine if possible and sensible as this can get you into dangerous driving conditions.

Do you tail ME7Logger output?
gt-innovation

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 03:12:54 PM »

maybe you should combine your projects..  Wink Wink
rdrage

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 03:52:42 AM »

The KWP2000 protocols put out quite some load on the CPU,
what you have seen is most likely a real watchdog reset of ERCOS (the OS ME7 runs on).

Software is pretty fast to catch on after that because it has a resetIndication from the OS and will skip immo and stuff just to get the car running.
Boschs priority was always to ensure the Software never halts the Engine if possible and sensible as this can get you into dangerous driving conditions.

Do you tail ME7Logger output?

Thanks for that information fluke9 Smiley Smiley

A tuner only uses me7 for pulls, its a short time of logging. But I'm using my me7logger on daily driving as well. So I problably used me7loger for almost 200 hours in the car. I have had 3 "ECU cut off" when logging 80 variables att 20 hz, while cruising. Thats why im using 8-10 hz and 30 variables when im driving normal. And after that I have never experienced "ECU cut off" .....

But, this "watchdog reset of ERCOS" ....when that happens, the car is like "stoping" for 0.5 second. Can that short time do any harm to the engine ? If it happens on full load ?

Yes, Im tailing the Me7logger lofile now ......But I have had some help lately (gonna make a test program this weekend) converting the libME7Logger.dll to C# ....if that works, I can go directly to the ECU by using the libME7Logger.dll file Smiley I have tried it before, but could not get it to work...so I ended up tailing the log file instead, not good, but do the jobs Smiley
rdrage

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 04:00:05 AM »

maybe you should combine your projects..  Wink Wink

hehe.... maybe we can make it better Smiley

I know "little" about how the Me7 works and how to tune. But I know how to setup and read logfile with ME7  Tongue

Since im runing 9" touch screen with windows in my car, I ended up making my own program for visualization of the data Wink And now the program can be used for tuning as well, maybe replacing XPlot Wink

Im gonna try to figure out how to read error fault code from me7, like VCDS .....not sure it that is possible, but im gonna look att it.....

fluke9

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 04:22:15 AM »

But, this "watchdog reset of ERCOS" ....when that happens, the car is like "stoping" for 0.5 second. Can that short time do any harm to the engine ? If it happens on full load ?

No, its like turning off the Ignition for 0.5 seconds and then turning it on again.
There is no critical part in an engines which dies if its not operated electronically anymore all out of a sudden.
This is actually done in a revlimit, fuel is cut of violently thats why the engine rattles quite bad if you bang into it.
And even that wont harm it at all...

The worst thing that could happen is that the KWP2000 load blocks some calculations from being done so fueling/ignition/something else might be inaccurate for a cycle before the reset kicks in. Even in the unlikely case (like 0.00001%) it cases too early ignition (more probable would be too late ignition) and produces knock once this wont harm the engine.

Even more detail:
The functions in the ecus are executed in "tasks" for specific time intervals, for example 1ms, 10ms, 100ms.
These task execute the functions which need to run in that raster. KWP2000 is handled in the 2ms task iirc.
After the 2ms Task has finished calling all functions it needs to call it calculates how long it took for the task to run,
if the KWP2000 function spends too much time in the 2ms task the measured task time for the 2ms task will be too long.
The ECU will then as a safety precaution reset as it can not guarantee 2ms execution of the functions (which depend on that raster) anymore.

dal

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2019, 04:26:26 AM »

No, its like turning off the Ignition for 0.5 seconds and then turning it on again.
There is no critical part in an engines which dies if its not operated electronically anymore all out of a sudden.
This is actually done in a revlimit, fuel is cut of violently thats why the engine rattles quite bad if you bang into it.
And even that wont harm it at all...

The worst thing that could happen is that the KWP2000 load blocks some calculations from being done so fueling/ignition/something else might be inaccurate for a cycle before the reset kicks in. Even in the unlikely case (like 0.00001%) it cases too early ignition (more probable would be too late ignition) and produces knock once this wont harm the engine.

Even more detail:
The functions in the ecus are executed in "tasks" for specific time intervals, for example 1ms, 10ms, 100ms.
These task execute the functions which need to run in that raster. KWP2000 is handled in the 2ms task iirc.
After the 2ms Task has finished calling all functions it needs to call it calculates how long it took for the task to run,
if the KWP2000 function spends too much time in the 2ms task the measured task time for the 2ms task will be too long.
The ECU will then as a safety precaution reset as it can not guarantee 2ms execution of the functions (which depend on that raster) anymore.

Thats good to know.

Audi A3 8L
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: