Pages: [1]
Author Topic: cannot flash over MED9 APR tune  (Read 3669 times)
vwnut8392

« on: November 16, 2019, 01:34:02 AM »

a friend just bought a B7 A4 and wanted it flashed back to stock, it currently has APR on it and he doesnt want it. i've tried KESS V2, MPPS V18, and FGTECH V54 and none of them will flash over the APR file thats in this car. does APR do something strange to the files they flash that basically forces a person to go to an APR dealer to have it unflashed? i know i could pull it and bench flash it with KESS but i was being lazy. so who here knows MED9 and why this one car is being so finickey with me?
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 05:00:23 AM »

a friend just bought a B7 A4 and wanted it flashed back to stock, it currently has APR on it and he doesnt want it. i've tried KESS V2, MPPS V18, and FGTECH V54 and none of them will flash over the APR file thats in this car. does APR do something strange to the files they flash that basically forces a person to go to an APR dealer to have it unflashed? i know i could pull it and bench flash it with KESS but i was being lazy. so who here knows MED9 and why this one car is being so finickey with me?

bdm flash it. and china tools suck fwiw

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
vwnut8392

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 11:14:09 AM »

BDM isnt an option. someone was already there, soldered a header on previously and than when removing it ripped 3 of the pads off the board.
gt-innovation

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 01:04:07 PM »

As fas as i know only bflash supports med9 bench reads with out the use of bdm port....

Otherwise backtrace the lines and connect them on the bdm header...
ktm733

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 01:18:58 PM »

Flex does it now, I busted their balls when a rs4 came in and it couldn't flash it. Also verified works with med9 b7 mk5 ecus.
sonique

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 04:24:27 PM »

flash original sgo file  with VAS/Odis 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: