Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Adding turbo to VR6 3.2, my experience, QA  (Read 27180 times)
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2019, 06:59:12 PM »

Nyet - Most of us understand the reality of the situation here but some folks have personality flaws that cause them to display hate and aggression when their pontification on the Bosch ECU's superiority is proved meritless. Uncivil behavior does not validate false claims.

Up until the fanbois showed up to support the self-appointed King of the forum, there was only one person in this thread attacking the OP and other forum members because they didn't bow to his ideology on hacking a Bosch NA ECU for FI applications. Instead of supporting and acknowledging the efforts of the OP to build a turbo system for his VR6 project vehicle and get it up and running when the OP admitted that he didn't even know how to weld before he started his project, one person has completely derailed the thread, insulted everyone in it and spewed venom because they believe they are all knowing and in control of the forum when I'm pretty sure Tony and Nyet are managing the forum.

The personal attacks, insults, off-topic hate and ignorance spewed should end. It's totally inappropriate and it changes nothing. If you can't post something positive and constructive why are you posting in this thread at all? The title of this thread is the OP's experience and Q&A. He is trying to help other VR6 owners who might want to pursue FI on a VR6 or other NA engine. Why should he be subjected to the misguided, narcissistic rants of the King of the forum which have added nothing but hate to the OP's thread and caused him and other folks to desire to leave the forum when they have done nothing wrong what so ever?

Being uncivil doesn't make your beliefs true. If you're not mature enough to post constructive, positive comments in a thread don't post at all. If you don't understand that your anti-social behavior is a personality defect you might want to consult a professional about your affliction. Wearing your offensive demeanor as a badge of honor is proof of a serious personality deficiency.

What a shame that so many threads in this forum end this way due to one uncivil individual's inability to deal with differing POVs, reality and his personal shortcomings. His anti-social behavior should have been terminate a long time ago. This disrespectful individual would have been banned from pretty much every forum on the planet for his inability to post non-personal comments that remain on-topic and unoffensive.  Sad
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 09:07:41 PM by GolfSportWagen » Logged
prj

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2019, 03:50:56 AM »

Going from any argumentation to pure ad hominem. This is how it's done bois.

Good thing you don't decide shit on here. Mr 63 useless off-topic posts as of this writing.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2019, 05:45:30 AM »

Nyet - Most of us understand the reality of the situation here but some folks have personality flaws that cause them to display hate and aggression when their pontification on the Bosch ECU's superiority is proved meritless. Uncivil behavior does not validate false claims.

Up until the fanbois showed up to support the self-appointed King of the forum, there was only one person in this thread attacking the OP and other forum members because they didn't bow to his ideology on hacking a Bosch NA ECU for FI applications. Instead of supporting and acknowledging the efforts of the OP to build a turbo system for his VR6 project vehicle and get it up and running when the OP admitted that he didn't even know how to weld before he started his project, one person has completely derailed the thread, insulted everyone in it and spewed venom because they believe they are all knowing and in control of the forum when I'm pretty sure Tony and Nyet are managing the forum.

The personal attacks, insults, off-topic hate and ignorance spewed should end. It's totally inappropriate and it changes nothing. If you can't post something positive and constructive why are you posting in this thread at all? The title of this thread is the OP's experience and Q&A. He is trying to help other VR6 owners who might want to pursue FI on a VR6 or other NA engine. Why should he be subjected to the misguided, narcissistic rants of the King of the forum which have added nothing but hate to the OP's thread and caused him and other folks to desire to leave the forum when they have done nothing wrong what so ever?

Being uncivil doesn't make your beliefs true. If you're not mature enough to post constructive, positive comments in a thread don't post at all. If you don't understand that your anti-social behavior is a personality defect you might want to consult a professional about your affliction. Wearing your offensive demeanor as a badge of honor is proof of a serious personality deficiency.

What a shame that so many threads in this forum end this way due to one uncivil individual's inability to deal with differing POVs, reality and his personal shortcomings. His anti-social behavior should have been terminate a long time ago. This disrespectful individual would have been banned from pretty much every forum on the planet for his inability to post non-personal comments that remain on-topic and unoffensive.  Sad
its unfortunate, but its what it is. if you read threw his posts youd see when he does contribute its gold. people are who they are  Undecided

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2019, 06:32:57 PM »

No argument on his contributions. Making his posts personal is unacceptable to most which is why they leave. There is no reason to act anti-social or derail other people's threads. The OP didn't ask for his critique on the VR6 turbo project or prj's opinion on what was acceptable to post in the Tuning section. If prj can't refrain from uncivil behavior he shouldn't post at all. Being abusive doesn't enhance his post it detracts from it. It highlights his inability to be a mature adult instead of acting like an irate two year old child.

His hostile inappropriate comments should have been terminated here years ago. Wearing his abusive demeanor as a badge of honor doesn't make his POV right nor does it make him any better or any smarter than anyone else it just confirms that he has a low self-esteem issue he can't deal with. Denial of reality doesn't make him a better person. He can change for the better if he chooses to do so but he has to acknowledge that he has serious personality defects that only he can change. A professional therapist can assist him but he must desire to change.

Now would be a good time for him to start the next decade off on a positive note. He should write himself a note and tape it to his monitor. The note should read as follows:

"Unless I can make a positive, constructive post without making my post personal, insulting people's intelligence, or being anti-social - then I won't post at all as it's unfair to all forum members for me to be abusive and disrespectful".

Before ever posting prj should read the note slowly and calmly. If everyone followed this most basic principle of forum decorum we would have much better - on topic discussions.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 07:03:16 PM by GolfSportWagen » Logged
vwmaniac

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2019, 08:06:47 PM »

Is anyone running an hpx maf on an r32t, I definitely preferred that on my 12v me7 vrt Compared to the draw thru bosch maf. I'm currently done using me7 for turbo vr6 stuff as I moved to ecumasters with pnp adapter. At the end of the day it suited my needs for my project and was more user friendly to my knowledge level.
prj

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2019, 02:53:34 AM »

No argument on his contributions. Making his posts personal is unacceptable to most which is why they leave. There is no reason to act anti-social or derail other people's threads. The OP didn't ask for his critique on the VR6 turbo project or prj's opinion on what was acceptable to post in the Tuning section. If prj can't refrain from uncivil behavior he shouldn't post at all. Being abusive doesn't enhance his post it detracts from it. It highlights his inability to be a mature adult instead of acting like an irate two year old child.

His hostile inappropriate comments should have been terminated here years ago. Wearing his abusive demeanor as a badge of honor doesn't make his POV right nor does it make him any better or any smarter than anyone else it just confirms that he has a low self-esteem issue he can't deal with. Denial of reality doesn't make him a better person. He can change for the better if he chooses to do so but he has to acknowledge that he has serious personality defects that only he can change. A professional therapist can assist him but he must desire to change.

Now would be a good time for him to start the next decade off on a positive note. He should write himself a note and tape it to his monitor. The note should read as follows:

"Unless I can make a positive, constructive post without making my post personal, insulting people's intelligence, or being anti-social - then I won't post at all as it's unfair to all forum members for me to be abusive and disrespectful".

Before ever posting prj should read the note slowly and calmly. If everyone followed this most basic principle of forum decorum we would have much better - on topic discussions.
Yo dude, nobody cares what you have to say.

Is anyone running an hpx maf on an r32t, I definitely preferred that on my 12v me7 vrt Compared to the draw thru bosch maf. I'm currently done using me7 for turbo vr6 stuff as I moved to ecumasters with pnp adapter. At the end of the day it suited my needs for my project and was more user friendly to my knowledge level.
If you want to DIY, good idea. Ecumaster has very reasonable price, and they lately implemented a decent enough CAN stream that the DSG works with it as well. You will still need to patch the DSG to go over 500nm clutch torque, but it works well enough.
HPX Maf - I don't really recommend, there is some drift at low load with it, you might get idle issues and fuel trim issues at low load.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 02:55:13 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2019, 06:48:22 PM »

See there you go again prj with the hate and insults. Haven't you figured out by now that your abuse doesn't change anything. Why not start now to become a better person by losing the attitude and getting a grip on reality. You might even like the new you. Acting like an adult and showing respect isn't any more difficult that being obnoxious and socially challenged. You have a great opportunity to become a nice person if you take it.

Send this thread to your favorite licensed psychologist and ask them for a personality profile assessment of the people posting in the thread. You don't have to even tell them your screen name. You might be quite surprised to learn their professional opinion of your posts in this and other threads.

Cheers

Don't forget to tape this note to your PC monitor.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 06:51:49 PM by GolfSportWagen » Logged
prj

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2019, 02:29:37 AM »

See there you go again prj with the hate and insults. Haven't you figured out by now that your abuse doesn't change anything. Why not start now to become a better person by losing the attitude and getting a grip on reality. You might even like the new you. Acting like an adult and showing respect isn't any more difficult that being obnoxious and socially challenged. You have a great opportunity to become a nice person if you take it.

Send this thread to your favorite licensed psychologist and ask them for a personality profile assessment of the people posting in the thread. You don't have to even tell them your screen name. You might be quite surprised to learn their professional opinion of your posts in this and other threads.

Cheers

Don't forget to tape this note to your PC monitor.

Log your car properly.
totti

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2019, 04:08:20 AM »

R32 turbo wiith dsg and with ignitron ecu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXwUHBizKpo
larppaxyz

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2019, 04:06:25 PM »

My daily driving tune, it's better than stock, can't say much more of it. Stock and modified bin included so you can compare, and TunerPro definition. Don't use it blindy, use it as source of information, example. It's for 50% ethanol. It's from Porsche Cayenne. Ignore bin name. Max boost is around 0.6-0.7 bar.

Quick overview :
- Single axis added to make it possible to tune ignition and torque maps past 100. Not that i actually have "tuned" it in any way really.
- Ignition maps retarded somewhat on boost, single axis to modify that
- Variable intake manifold (SU) ignored by using identical maps
- Stock LAMFA values, they are quite rich from the factory.
- No MAF scaling, but map is there for you
- KRKTE set for 269g/393cc injectors and 50% ethanol (LTFT around +4-6, so maybe 40% ethanol would be spot on)
- KFMIOP basically untouched
- KFMIRL last two rows multiplied to "max out" for my hardware
(just don't touch anything else but last two rows on KFMIRL unless you know how to properly calculate both KFMIOP and KFMRIL)
- Load limit set to 200
- Make sure KFZWOP and KFZWOP2 are what they are supposed to be, i don't have 99% confirmation they are mapped correctly.
- Other maps defined but not modified. Everything starting with 'xx' are not correctly mapped so you should ignore them.
- FYI Stock tune goes to 105%

Basically car feels like non-turbo car unless you floor it, just a bit more peppy on low rpms. I'm fine with it. I tried to tweak more power for part throttle, but KFMIOP and KFMIRL really need to be worked hard to make that work well and currently i have no proper logging and personal time to invest on this.

Extra useless information : I have SAI, but hoses are disconnected. It's super LOUD without hoses when spinning, so i just pulled the fuse for SAI pump. No OBD codes or anything. So, with atleast this bin, it doesn't trigger any errors and as such is easiest way to disable SAI.

Now, keep on fighting! I really have had enjoyment of reading how this (and some other) threads progress. You people...

Edit : Replaced TunerPro definition with cleaner one, so it's less confusing. Removed some assumptions from this text.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 01:05:58 AM by larppaxyz » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »

KFZWA and KFZWA2 propably are KFZWOP and KFZWOP2 in reality, thats how i used them.

like that  Roll Eyes
larppaxyz

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2019, 12:51:06 AM »

like that  Roll Eyes

Just the stuff why you don't just blindy use any files you find from internet Smiley
larppaxyz

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2020, 08:52:53 AM »

Results are in, 355Hp@6059rpm and 468Nm @4648rpm

This is with E85, rev limit is at 7200 but we didn't go this far with this pull so i think there are 10-20HP's in reserve still. This is first the dyno test after i remapped my ECU. There are three 'dips' visible that are easy to clear out, last two are related to intake cam timing i think, first is torque intervention that you don't even detect when driving normally, i don't think it even triggers every time.

Car is perfectly drivable, no jerking or surging when daily driving. Pulls really hard from 4000->rev limit. Lambda stays where it's set at (~0.82) even when MAF cut's out at 292g/s. Full pull from 0->150km/h no problem etc. ... good stuff. I'm happy with it.

R32Dude

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2021, 09:52:48 PM »

Ok, i did some measurements about ignition timing, because of discussion in this thread that stock timing will kill your engine.

With current setup and stock ignition timing, when flooring it (30-110km/h) i don't see any real dips on timing. At full throttle on maximum boost (around 0.65bar) advance is around 14-21 degrees at 5000rpm all the way to redline where it drops to single digits (torque limiting maybe). How is that possible? It kinda matches to primary ignition maps A and B...

So, after that. I made changes that at full load, ignition timing should be around 9-15 degrees at 5000 rpm... did really see any change on data, it's still the same.

Is Torque app logging something like "requested ignition timing" that has nothing to do with actual timing? I don't see any knocking on timing curves.... or feel it or hear it.

Example row from data
Timing Advance Deg : 19.5
Air flow g/s : 268.5
RPM : 5064
... while heavily accelerating.

Did you ever find out why the timing didnt change? I seem to have the same problem trying to lower the timing a little on my r32.
I changed all 8 kfzw & kfzw2 maps but the timing is till the same. 
Blazius

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2021, 09:51:47 AM »

Did you ever find out why the timing didnt change? I seem to have the same problem trying to lower the timing a little on my r32.
I changed all 8 kfzw & kfzw2 maps but the timing is till the same. 

Because zwbas/zwgru =/= zwout. The timing values dont equal whatever is in KFZW most of the time unless you are running without torque interventions in dev mode.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: