Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flashing M-file on a 4B0907551G in a c-box car  (Read 3872 times)
danzzon

« on: December 10, 2019, 01:46:21 AM »

Well as the title says im wondering if i can use the named ecu with an m-box file in a c-box car, i know that i'll have to recode some things such as cluster abs etc etc. I'm just curious whether it is possible and if so do i need to bench flash is or can i plug in the ecu as is and flash it while in the car, i realize it probably wont start since its an ecu from a tip car but if ignition turns on wouldnt i be able to flash it whilst in the car?
prj

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 02:58:16 AM »

For flashing the immobilizer has to be authenticated or deleted.
Or you have to use the bypass method that MPPS uses.

It doesn't matter what the ECU is at all. As long as it has power and immo is not in the way, it will flash.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
danzzon

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 05:58:56 AM »

Okay thats sounds good, how can i use mpps do bypass the immo?

I've tried reading my current ecu which is a c-box but seems like it doesnt want to read since it starts reading and stops to say no reply from ecu, but its tuned so i bet obd2 reading is locked. However ive tried to write an original file on it and same thing happends there it writes to 10% and then stops. Does this also have to do with the immobilizer?
prj

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 06:34:42 AM »

If your car is originally 8D0907551C, you can try writing with MPPS in "Fast" mode, the cluster usually allows comms then.
If that also stops, you will have to bypass the cluster entirely and run a direct K-Line wire to the ECU.

When it stops writing is when the cluster breaks the comms for some reason. It only likes specific timing and specific baud rate.

Log your car properly.
danzzon

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 01:40:55 AM »

So it doesnt matter if i put an M-box in the car, the cluster will still prohibit me from reading directly via obd2, how can i run a k-line directly to the ecu, from the cable im using or huh?
prj

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 02:32:19 AM »

It won't if you read at the correct baud rate and do the correct init.
In MPPS "fast" mode works usually.

Running direct K-Line can be to the cable, you can place a switch that will switch it between normal position and bypassed from cluster.
Though cluster pulls the K-Line low on the ECU side, keep that in mind, you need to disconnect that too, not just run an additional wire.

Log your car properly.
danzzon

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 03:19:30 AM »

Hmm okay, seems like butt pain. Ive Truedsson reading and writing to the ECU via mpps and it starts doing both but stops after a while, i notice yesterday as expected that my ECU is abt tuned so that probably has something to do with it not wanting to complete a read nor a write
Lost

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 03:47:17 AM »

Its not that complicated.
You can build a K-line with quick connectors just for the tuning/logging purpose.
Remove it later when you are done.

Cut the black/green cable behind the ECU (pin 43). Make a quick push in connector on both sides.
Use a simple electric wire apx 5m in lenght. Quick connector on ECU side only
Connect it with cable you just cut from pin 43 only - do not connect the other ( cluster side) 43 cable.
Push the other side of your 5m cable into pin 7 in OBD. Shave the plastic on that side of your OBD cable- Push it it with your K-line.
Now you have a direct K-line.
When you are done - remove you K-line, connect two ends of line 43 behind the ECU. Done.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 03:50:53 AM by Lost » Logged
danzzon

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 01:28:56 AM »

Do i cut the k-line wire from behind the cluster or directly from the ecu in the ecu compartment? Or is there anywhere else that is more accessible to cut the k-line wire from?
BlackT

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 02:13:32 AM »

On A4/A6 is easy to cut it below ECU where wires have conector to cabin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: