Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Re-flashing Software Audi A8 4.2 (Code: ART)  (Read 2363 times)
ardillo lambo

« on: December 10, 2019, 03:24:20 PM »

Hi There,

I would like to start by saying I'm new to "mess around" with factory OEM ECU's,  got some experience with standalone ECU's such as megasquirt....anyways so here is my question I have my hands on a Audi A8 4.2  40 valves (Code: ART), an i have a motronic ME7.1.1 ECU that needs to be  flashed (engine will be mounted on an mid engine custom chassis), besides the 81 pin plug and the alligator clips cables that can be found in ebay and some other places (I think walgreens carries them  Grin Grin)

what tunning/reflashing software is the best and whre I can get them??
Where I can get the maps and files?
Need to eliminate all the crap that is not necessary such automatic transmission, emissions, secondary air valve among others, all that stuff is deleted with the re-flash.

That's it for now...

Thanks!!!!
DonkeyDub

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 11:59:33 PM »

Hope ya didn't hold your breath
 Grin

Here click this

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6537.0title=     
RBPE

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 10:53:59 AM »

1. Reading/Writing - Some free tools on here, how or if they work on ME7.1.1.'s depends on your file. They were in their infancy when I started out on the 711's and were too problematic/didn't work so just got tools instead. They're always being evolved or others are making other types of tools plus they can work on early c167 files so you might get lucky!

If not, you have two ways of read write - full and flash. MPPS & Galletto will tend to get you a flash but seeing as you're doing a project which sounds like you'll need to do some deeper things, then I'd probably look at the K-Tag tools as they will get you the mcu in the read. You'll probably also need tools for the box, CAN/Cluster if this is a big project. Not done these, I've only really done the 5/6 cylinder on ME7.1.1. & DSG but some may tell you what they use or a simple Google with regards to your car/ecu/box codes should tell you.

2. Once you've got your reads then you need to make sense of the data. You'll not likely be able to get any free stuff off the net for these - could be wrong though, spend a lot of time on Google - so you'll want to be buying a definition file. 2 main options on here really - Winols or Tunerpro files. If you're lucky enough to get a T-Pro file then you're all set to tweak n tune, most likely though, you'll want to request a definition ols file from one of the pro's on here in the services area. Generally hundreds to pay for those though!
 Once you buy that then you'll want to download winols demo and put it in there and you can see your maps then (I think it'll show you - easy way to find out is dl it and get some other ols def files on here and look at them). Then you'll need to build up your own def file using Tunerpro - dl that too.

Now you can read/write n tune - only prob is checksums! Some tools have checksum buttons nowadays, not sure how trustworthy they are, in which case you'll probably be looking at either asking whomever you get the def file off if you can buy a cs bundle (basically sending them your file every time you make a change so they can checksum it - not recommended - I did 104 changes on my last car in a week for example - each one would have needed that if I didn't have the means to do it myself) - or sometimes the free stuff on here/some can disable in a flash file dep on ecu, if such techniques can work - not too sure on this car though - in which case I'd suggest once you get your read, you might want to test it out in Ecufix and buy the £200 version to save you a lot of hassle;

https://www.andywhittaker.com/ecufix/

Then there's the more complex coding/architecture side of things - either pay people or learn it really!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 08:18:18 AM by RBPE » Logged
bamofo

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 10:31:06 AM »

Hi There,

I would like to start by saying I'm new to "mess around" with factory OEM ECU's,  got some experience with standalone ECU's such as megasquirt....anyways so here is my question I have my hands on a Audi A8 4.2  40 valves (Code: ART), an i have a motronic ME7.1.1 ECU that needs to be  flashed (engine will be mounted on an mid engine custom chassis), besides the 81 pin plug and the alligator clips cables that can be found in ebay and some other places (I think walgreens carries them  Grin Grin)

what tunning/reflashing software is the best and whre I can get them??
Where I can get the maps and files?
Need to eliminate all the crap that is not necessary such automatic transmission, emissions, secondary air valve among others, all that stuff is deleted with the re-flash.

That's it for now...

Thanks!!!!

I use Galletto 1260 and the english software to get it off the car OBDII, Bootmode i also use Galletto.

For flashing i have used Nefmoto (Diff Write) full write works (Blue VAG Cable - Silver line) ... but then you have to do another (diff write) to get it to start..

MPPS V18 clone works well for both Read and write...

Checksum i use the ME7 tool that NYET made. It works for ME7.1.1 except the 8e2 ECU's.. you need to phone a friend for that. ( As someone else mentioned for 300$ andy will update his tool...) Although i pinged him 3 weeks back for one request and its not added... So Just be aware. But there are a lot of nice people mixed in with the others... and if you get to a point where you want to flash something they will probably help with the Checksum.

And then i make my own definitions in a tool i like to use. Either based off an OLS project, a CSV export of a project, or in cases where i was just getting into this i just used OLS the demo version 4.0 and found the tables myself.

If you need help after you get the rom off you can Ping me id be more then happy to give back to this group, and agreed with previous post, Ive made over 60HP over stock on the dyno across the whole power band. Been able to get that dead spot to go away in the middle of the RPM range and not by just stuffing it with 10 degrees extra timing like Unitronic and JHM do...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: