Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
Author Topic: ECUxPlot v1.0.0 released - please read the FAQ in this thread!  (Read 235170 times)
nyet
Administrator

http://nyet.org/cars/ECUxPlot/
http://nyet.org/cars/files/ECUxPlot-v1.0.0-setup.exe

Nightly (BETA!) builds here:
http://nyet.org/cars/ECUxPlot/nightly/

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:17:17 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »

FAQ

ECUxPlot won't run
Try installing as administrator

ECUxPlot complains about not being able to find main class
Make sure you have at LEAST Java JRE SE 6 . If that doesn't work, try Java JRE SE 7.

I dont see anything!
Turn off the filter (uncheck Options->Filter data).

I turned off the filter. Now it's a huge mess!
Turn on the filter (check Options->Filter data).

With the filter on, I dont see anything!
The filter option searches for a WOT run of a certain length in 3rd gear. If you don't meet that criterion, you won't see any data if you enable the filter. You can adjust the filter parameters in the "Options->Configure filter"  menu.

If you aren't in 3rd (or aren't logging "gear") or aren't WOT (or logging accelerator pedal position), the filter doesn't work that well. You can adjust the filter to look for a different gear in the "Options->Configure filter" menu. If you set gear to 0, the filter will ignore gear entirely. Useful if you are doing multi-gear pulls, or don't always log the same gear.

If your run doesn't start low enough, or isn't long enough (RPM range too short, insufficient samples), the filter won't let any data through.

If you are running into problems, please post your log file here and I will try to help. In some cases, ECUxPlot isn't detecting pedal/gear data properly from the .csv header and requires me to add your .csv format to it.

What is FATS?
FATS is ET from 4200-6500 in 3rd.

My HP estimate is way off
Adjust the numbers in "Vehicle Profiles->Edit Constants"

My flow estimates (compressor map, calc AFR etc.) are way off!
Adjust the numbers in "Vehicle Profiles->Edit Fueling"

The "MAF" parameter is a bit confusing. If you have a non-stock intake set up, the "MAF" parameter is used to set a *correction* to the MAF values calculated by the ECU. If your tune properly calibrates MAF readings for your MAF, you should leave this parameter alone. If, however, your ECU uses underscaled MAF values (you have a larger MAF, but stock MAF maps), you will have to increase the MAF diameter. The correction that ECUxPlot is using is shown in the box right under the MAF parameter so you can check for sanity. Future release will probably only have the correction, not the diameter, since it is increasingly uncommon for people to have improperly scaled MAF numbers.

If you aren't sure, you can calibrate it by hand by comparing Calc AFR with wideband data.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:02:34 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 01:58:46 PM »

Migrated ECUxPlot project to github.

If you want to report bugs or request a feature, click here

ECUx Plot

air_forced

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »

Having some issues with the filter/FATS window. Can't get data to show when filter is changed to 2nd gear. And 3rd gear data looks incorrect. Changed some settings around with no luck. I also noticed in the excel file for the log that its showing 4th and 5th gear being selected at a point in the log, when I know for a fact I skipped from 3rd to 6th. Not sure what this means..   My power levels are also way off. I edited the rpm/mph in constants, and it's even more inflated. Not sure what's going on there either.  Log attached.  Any help would be appreciated.
bbernd
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 06:00:30 AM »

Under XP running fine...

Under W7 64 getting Error - "java runtime 1.5 required" - but java runtime is present on the 7 machine  Tongue
lezsi

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 05:34:50 AM »

Under XP running fine...

Under W7 64 getting Error - "java runtime 1.5 required" - but java runtime is present on the 7 machine  Tongue

Works fine for me.  Win7 Ent. 64 bit SP1, JRE 1.7.0_09
bbernd
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 05:53:42 AM »

not for me...   Sad
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 06:01:27 PM »

Bump. New release. OP and topic updated.

ECUx Plot

jibberjive

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 06:41:36 PM »

Nice, I'll have to check out the drag and drop.  Any thoughts on any of the suggestions I made a while ago (I know most of them need work/effort by someone [not necessarily always you], was just curious if you given them any thought)?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 07:24:07 PM »

i forgot most of what we talked about except for what i put in the issues area on github...

https://github.com/nyetwurk/ecuxplot/issues

please remind me (preferably by adding it there directly), its been too long Sad

ECUx Plot

vtraudt

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 08:06:15 AM »

Under XP running fine...

It seems like the install went through by using 'run as administrator'.
But starting the program only shows a blank graph. I used 'file open' on a few example .csv files posted here, but nothing shows.
Anything missing to get ECUxPlot to work?
How can I check if the required 'java' is installed (java update says I have the lastest)?

I want to use Nefmoto logger. Are the CSV output by nefmoto logger 'readable' by ECUxPlot?

2002 Allroad 2.7T 6spd stage 2
1998 A4 1.8T 5spd stage 3
1996 A4 2.8 auto stock
vtraudt

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 08:17:27 AM »

Oh: is there a basic 'operator instruction manual' for ECUxPlot?
From making sure all files are properly installed and in the right place, to how to load the correct files (what format, columns, headers, etc.) and what/how to output. Plus some 'example' files to test the installation.

Note:
Win7-64 Pro, Netmoto logger, MS Office Pro Plus 2010

1996 A4 2.8 auto stock
vtraudt

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »

Seem like I got ECUxPlot to work on my win7-64 now, at least loading some csv file posted here shows something.
Now:
I have a bunch of
- Allroad 6spd
- Allroad tip
that I want to data log with NefMoto logger, and analyze/show the data with ECUxPlot

1. Can someone send me the correct/applicable Vehicle Profiles to use?
2. the sample CSV file I tried only puts out/exports (file/export all charts) on graph. I have seen listings that show an entire collection of charts. How can i generate those (one click)?

1996 A4 2.8 auto stock
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 10:38:15 AM »

Oh: is there a basic 'operator instruction manual' for ECUxPlot?

did you read the FAQ?

ITS FREAKING RIGHT THERE AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE

geez

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 10:41:20 AM »

1. Can someone send me the correct/applicable Vehicle Profiles to use?
You'll have to supply that (vehicle weight, gearing, CD etc). its only relevant for HP estimation

2. the sample CSV file I tried only puts out/exports (file/export all charts) on graph. I have seen listings that show an entire collection of charts. How can i generate those (one click)?

You set up a bunch of presets then hit load all, then export all.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: