Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Tuning my stage 1/2 file - Audi TT 225.  (Read 25862 times)
Tobs123

« on: January 02, 2020, 02:49:51 PM »

Hi there, I have been logging my stage 1 file (attached to this post) which is pretty aggressive (probably more like stage 2) and would like to make some changes to the file.

Mainly AFR as seems to be running too lean given boost. However the desired AFR from the logs doesn't seem to be following the map in practice, and only goes down to 0.95. EGT is up at 935 degrees! The LAMFA table from the map I read has it at 0.83 for high demands so not sure why I am not running richer in practice? 

The log I attach is one hard pull in 3rd gear. I have stage 2 mods including: 80mm TIP, 3" Downpipe, large FMIC, induction and up-rated ko4 cartridge.

Boost Desired vs Actual are often also out of sync. Any pointers help would be really appreciated as would like to start improving and tweaking this map. Thanks in advance. 

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 07:21:01 AM by Tobs123 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 03:00:22 PM »

If you didn't write this file, don't bother modifying it. Revert to stock, go from there.

Also, don't post modified csvs, or they can't be plotted with ecuxplot.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Tobs123

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 03:05:20 PM »

I did pay the file before I knew much about tuning, dyno tuning etc. The car feels way faster and seems to run well so ideally I would like to just make a few tweaks to this file, including modifying it for the 550cc injectors I have yet to install (I've got all the TVUB and KRKTE values to do this ready, but want to get fueling right with the stock injectors first). I've also compared this to the original stock file but don't know enough yet to be able to get a similar result from stock file.
Tobs123

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 03:08:20 PM »

If you didn't write this file, don't bother modifying it. Revert to stock, go from there.

Also, don't post modified csvs, or they can't be plotted with ecuxplot.

Apologies, I rearrange to make reading a bit easier for me when i was trying to analyse. Here's the unedited orginal file below. Thanks
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 03:11:33 PM »

I've also compared this to the original stock file but don't know enough yet to be able to get a similar result from stock file.

If you insist on using this file, don't make any modifications until you know what every single change does.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 03:12:58 PM »

Please get a WOT log, or ECUxPlot filters won't work.

ECUx Plot

aef

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 03:15:09 PM »

Apologies, I rearrange to make reading a bit easier for me when i was trying to analyse. Here's the unedited orginal file below. Thanks

log with wide open throttle
Tobs123

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 03:23:05 PM »

If you insist on using this file, don't make any modifications until you know what every single change does.

Yes totally agree. Seems a bit of a minefield of interdependences. But to start with I want to ensure that this file is a healthy map I can revert back to if I make any mistakes etc. All of the columns are labelled and standard columns I think from MELogger, which I managed to get working today for the first time :-)
Tobs123

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 03:27:24 PM »

Sorry ensure that throttle is 100% entire time?
Tobs123

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 03:28:02 PM »

Sorry ensure that throttle is 100% entire time? Think was for some of time but not 100%.
aef

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 04:08:52 PM »

3rd gear, 1500rpm press the pedal all the way down until redline
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 05:02:36 PM »

Sorry ensure that throttle is 100% entire time? Think was for some of time but not 100%.

Yes.

1) that is how ecuxplot knows you are doing a run
2) to get first pass boost control/fueling/timing WOT is where 99% of finding safe maximums etc are.

ECUx Plot

Tobs123

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 01:55:32 AM »

OK tried again, still not perfect (it's a public road  Cry Throttle plate angle not 100% all of time and was only able to take to 6K rpm which is really all I want to do, but I did try and properly hoon it. The file I posted previously, I also gave it 100%, but not straight from start as wasn't possible. I edited the file so that the hard pull was as near from the beginning as possible and attached. Sorry if it doesn't work in ECUplot, but if someone could just look at the data?

The main thing is "AFR Desired" hardly moves down from 1, "AFR Current" does move lower, but only very briefly when EGTs get over 900 (one data point of AFR Current =0.75, probably component protection measures from what I understand).

The LAMFA table (tried pasting image of it below) seems to be completely ignored in practice which is annoying me, as no point adjusting it to make richer if something else is over-riding it?? The table shows last two lines (85% plus) below 0.9 across entire rev range, 0.83 to 0.8 for 99% (last line). How can I get Desired AFR below 0.9 on a run??

Tobs123

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 02:24:53 AM »

Here's a lovely graph in Excel of AFR actual vs. current (right axis), and EGT plus engine load (shared left axis) by RPM. Max Boost is 2,500 mbar. AFR only really gets lower once egt soars over 900c and not before as requested by map in Lamfa (table posted below)

I would like to lower the Lamfa values to ensure better fueling under load but see little point if its not actually going to change AFR??

« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:27:55 AM by Tobs123 » Logged
aef

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 03:15:49 AM »

Huh

all of this is useless and a waste of time if you dont push your pedal to the metal

this is #14th posting without correct logs

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: