Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Tuning my stage 1/2 file - Audi TT 225.  (Read 26029 times)
Tobs123

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 03:30:55 AM »

i had my foot to the floor. I know its not perfect but I don't have access to a private runway / race track!! Surely we can conclude sometime from what I have posted?? Revs are 6K, EGTs over 900c. Boost at 2,500 mbar? Any more and I'm likely to do long term damage??
Tobs123

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 03:31:51 AM »

i had my foot to the floor. I know its not perfect but I don't have access to a private runway / race track!! Surely we can conclude sometime from what I have posted?? Revs are 6K, EGTs over 900c. Boost at 2,500 mbar, engine load max? Any more and I'm likely to do long term damage??
aef

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 03:39:29 AM »

its only 140kmh on 3rd gear
you done need a tune if you cannot use your car

all of the me7 logic is based on driver request and kfped
as long as you not request 100% = useless waste of everyones time

dont discuss here, go out and log your car like it was requested here from people trying to help you
Tobs123

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 03:59:26 AM »

I can't go that fast where I live. 140 kmph is dangerous to me, other people and the car. I don't want to red-line it either. I'll have to try again in and do a 2nd gear pull at max throttle and hope that someone can help. I'm quite new to all this and I am trying. Sorry it wasn't perfect before
Tobs123

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2020, 04:36:05 AM »

OK 3rd time lucky hopefully. Attached is a 100% throttle (with no drivers side matt this time, which may have been hampering previous efforts  Cheesy). Started logger at 1,500 rpm but didn't start recording until 4,500. But went up to 6,500 rpm. 2nd gear pull as only option
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:56:49 AM by Tobs123 » Logged
aef

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2020, 05:38:05 AM »

maybe its me with my limited english but what dont you understand when i am talking about 100% pedal?
pedal != throttle

maybe its dangerous because you are at the keyboard while driving.

start your logger in the driveway and use your right foot finally
Tobs123

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2020, 05:42:24 AM »

I'm sorry but I am really confused. My peddal is at 100% until redline, then obviously I back off. Why can't someone look at the actual data. I can edit the original file so that it contains no data after 100% peddal if it helps you put it into ecuplot etc?
Tobs123

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2020, 05:46:55 AM »

there must be something wrong with my pedal sensor or something, cos you seem to be implying from your graph that it is only at 70%?
aef

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2020, 05:53:17 AM »

then deep dive into vcds and check your pedalsensor within the measurement blocks

you can doo this in the driveway with ignition turned on

noone is looking in your actual data because they are wrong without pedal = 100

please check out other "rate my logs" posts to get a feeling

best of luck
Tobs123

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2020, 07:01:32 AM »

OK that explains the discrepencies and frustrations!  Cry Cry Throttle Position Sensors seems ok as it is at 100% but pedal postition sensor is knackered, as only goes up to 70, need to take pedal apart and have a look. No fault codes in vcds. Wonder if that explains why hgher load AFR values not being triggered?? Man what a waste of time :-(
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2020, 09:57:58 AM »

OK that explains the discrepencies and frustrations!  Cry Cry Throttle Position Sensors seems ok as it is at 100% but pedal postition sensor is knackered, as only goes up to 70, need to take pedal apart and have a look. No fault codes in vcds. Wonder if that explains why hgher load AFR values not being triggered?? Man what a waste of time :-(

You can log pedal position with the engine off iirc. Start with that.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2020, 06:44:43 PM »

Dont be afraid to rev your engine as long as its mechanically decent. at 6k your cams are only spinning at 3k for example, yes it might sound loud or scary if you are used to diesels or have an exhaust leak or something ( for example on my car my 3 inch DP is banging against the chassis so after 4k its basically unbearable so I am not revving above that until i get it fixed) but its what it was made for really.

DBW me7 pedal uses 2 sensors in the pedal , and they are crosschecked against eachother, if one fails you'll be limited if I remember right and if both fail you'll be in limp( could be wrong though, find the correct SSP for it )

You can check both of these values in VCDS measuring group 62 ( if I remember right lol).And yes can do it with engine off too, at pedal to the floor.
Tobs123

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2020, 03:11:17 AM »

OK cheers bud, that's really useful info. Definitely not in limp mode, so at most only 1 sensor gone.  Unfortunately don't have full version of VCDS so can't check those banks. But will log again with pedal to floor in driveway, pretty sure only 70% max though which is not right.

Can get a used pedal with intack sensors pretty cheap so may be best option. I've also got an issue where seems like accel. pedal sticks so carries on revving after I press clutch for few moments if i do a hard pull, which is really annoying. Also quite jerky at times so something needs sorting.

Btw my 3" DP is touching the subframe also, just not much space down, there so makes horrible vibrating noise, particularly in reverse or low revs lol.
Tobs123

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2020, 03:58:40 AM »

OK I'm there now, 100% pedal angle and hopefully a better log. Disconnected battery overnight, took pedal off, fiddled with some wires, put it back and tested in driveway and was 100% now and took out for another attempt. Attached is 2nd gear pull from 2K revs up to over 7K (propperly red-lined it  Cheesy)

Seems like AFR is much better now, both current and desired going down together to 0.8. Egt south of 900 also. Have I got a healthy map? thanks in advance :-)
Tobs123

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2020, 05:00:00 AM »

I'm no expert but looks I'm getting over-boost, then struggles to hold boost, then get stupid spike boost as I press clutch (sticky pedal problem so revs go up). See chart I did below.

N75 value problem? I replaced with cheap ebay one before as was it sending car into limp mode during high boost, which did fix the limp mode problem? Also I could try a stock DV valve instead? My forge one is nearly as tight as it goes. Cheers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: