Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Tuning my stage 1/2 file - Audi TT 225.  (Read 26106 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2020, 06:34:28 PM »

Yes, you're overboosting, then underboosting, but the rest of your post makes zero sense.

Not sure what you're graphing with, but its mostly useless.

In any case, it is pretty clear from this what is amiss. In any case, your boost request makes zero sense. No idea what you think it is supposed to accomplish. You're actually lucky you can't boost more, you're out of fuel up top.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 06:36:28 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Tobs123

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2020, 03:30:35 AM »

OK well I'm here to learn, thats kind of helpful (hope you noticed having fixed my pedal I'm at WOT now  Smiley ) So I was just looking at AFR and thinking fueling is fine, but that was wrong, as not considering FuelInjectorDutyCycle, which is practically at 100% after 5.2K rpm! Got ECUplot working now, see below:

Questions:
1) So ignoring everything else I wrote, Requested boost /  Engine load (LDRXN map?) needs to be lowered up high to be more (realistic?) in line with actual boost so not demanded too much?

2)Ideally I'd like to be able to hold over 20 psi for longer, and get more pull higher in revvs, so interested in advice on how I might achieve that? Is that unrealistic given wastegate at 95% already?

3) Still on stock injectors, does that mean they are basically maxed out already?  I have 550cc injectors ready to put on (and map them in) is that likely to give me more fueling to play with or is there likely to be a problem with my map somewhere? I guess I could put them on and just see if FuelInjectorDutyCycle is less maxed?

Thanks. 
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2020, 03:48:07 AM »

1 tune ldrpid to eliminate overshoot
2 check for air leaks and turbo health, iirc k04 should hold a little longer but not much. Generally a bigger turbo solve this
3 check injector duty cycle. Check fueling if its more than 100% but stock 370cc should be enough for k04
Blazius

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2020, 05:25:29 AM »

Also what kind of turbo is this, spooling very late like a t3/t4 or something.. Also rev hang is a common failure of the clutch switch, log the switch bit to see what is up.
Tobs123

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2020, 01:26:19 PM »

yeah its a ko4 with turbo-rebuild uprated CHRA (11 blades etc). Feels like it spools up quicker than stock tbh, loads of pull from 3K rpm. Having said that, bit dissapointed its not holding boost for longer.

Cheers for the heads-up on clutch switch, I'll check / replace the clutch switch (heard before that can play up).
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2020, 04:38:01 PM »

Having said that, bit dissapointed its not holding boost for longer.

Kind of unfair to say that w/o specifying your wastegate configuration.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Tobs123

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2020, 12:50:47 PM »

Do you mean the Wastegate map settings or the actual Wastegate itself (e.g. could the spring need tightneing)?  TLVDMX limit currently set at stock 94%. Also KFLDIMX and KFLDRL settings attached.

So to correct for Over-boost the S4Wiki page says to try decreasing KFLDIMX first. Attached screenshot my current KFLDIMX and KFLDRL settings if anyone could comment - should lower the last line of KFLDIMX at appropriate rpm? Probably got this completely wrong  Embarrassed

My proposed changes so far.
1) Get LDXRN to match actual better (see proposed change below)
2) In terms of fueling, attached is my current LAMFA map. Wondering if I could run a bit leener in last line before say 4.5K revs to help a bit with boost as starting at 0.84 from the outset seems a bit rich?

Thanks in advanced.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2020, 03:53:48 PM »

actual wastegate spring and pre-tension.

ECUx Plot

aef

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2020, 12:50:35 AM »

congrats for fixing your pedal

If its upgraded chra with other compressor you should be careful if your rods are not upgraded.
Go buy a DW65v/clone pump first.

I would not change anything on the map based on 2nd gear logs.
3rd gear will be very different i guess.
Go and log on night time when road is safe...

Log also with N75 unplugged to get base boost and a feeling for pre-tension of your wastegate.
Tobs123

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2020, 05:56:12 AM »

Did a 3rd gear pull with N75 unplugged. Boost climbs very slowly, peaking around 11 psi at 6,500 rpm. Does this mean my wastegate preload is all good? Thanks
Tobs123

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2020, 05:57:50 AM »

with logs
RBPE

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2020, 06:09:48 AM »

Just been digging out some of my old AUQ stuff and noticed this pic, you're not using that dodgy looking file are you? Seems a lot to req at low revs!
Tobs123

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2020, 06:22:57 AM »

Fortunately its not. Mines a lot less agressive lower down but obviously requesting way too much at the top. It was a local driveway tuner / map though, hence why I'm trying to get fully to grips with it in order to improve it and learn on the way.
aef

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2020, 06:29:12 AM »

with logs

is this file modified afterwards or just recorded and uploaded?

i cant open it in ecuxplorer with xaxis sample without filter

you have to floor it @ 1500rpm in 3rd gear to see what your turbo is able to do...

right now it looks like very very laggi for a k04 size turbo

Tobs123

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2020, 09:53:01 AM »

Not changed ECU file yet. Just recorded it with N75 unplugged. Wonder why turbo is laggy? Maybe a boost leak around FMIC? Had a lot of issues with pipes keep popping off. Need to get some decent T-Clamp clips, but thought is was ok now. Will try another run tonight
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: