Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Wideband & Turbo ECU conversion  (Read 13835 times)
Blazius

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 11:00:13 AM »

Not very knowledgeable of VAG cars.
But i do know that they have their immo on the K-Line, others have a seperate connection.
Something like that can spit into bootmode comms.

So pull the Cluster fuse and try again.

yep, but guess what Cheesy I tried it too like 2 times.. I'll try more tommorow I guess since I dont know what else to try. MPPS sometimes complains about it too through obd , but sometimes does not, its weird...
fluke9

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 11:06:41 AM »

yep, but guess what Cheesy I tried it too like 2 times.. I'll try more tommorow I guess since I dont know what else to try. MPPS sometimes complains about it too through obd , but sometimes does not, its weird...

I always used galletto, works with any dumb KKL cable but you will need to change the serial of the cable.
google: galletto mprog or so
Blazius

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 11:21:03 AM »

I always used galletto, works with any dumb KKL cable but you will need to change the serial of the cable.
google: galletto mprog or so

yeah I'll guess I'll try and use the galletto with my cable serial mod. Keep in mind my blue cable has a ch340 chip not FTDI, but it works as it should with anything else , just doesnt have the ID feature of the ftdi chips.

EDIT: Is Argdubs tool programmed to use ftdi drivers/ idchip ? If so could be an issue. AFAIK there is no source available right?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 11:26:09 AM by Blazius » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2020, 06:58:30 AM »

Another day, another unsuccessful one.

So I tried with Galletto at first. First issue I ran into is that Mprog does not work with ch340 cable/drivers, anyway as I said before it doesnt have id chip/serial ( is is 0000000) only CH340B has builtin eeprom for things like that. So I modified Galletto exe serial to 000000 -  does not work, get interface not found error, because Galletto is written to use ftdi drivers too... ( Galletto source available ?)

After that I tried with my VAGCOM cable which has some ftdi looking chips but they are unmarked , and they never worked for me before ( neither for ME7 logger or anything) but I decided to give a try anyway, finally installing the drivers with vcp enabled.

Tried Argdubs tool with it, this time getting No echo from cable ( meaning most likely it doesnt work at all vs no ecu response with blue ch340 cable).

Blazius

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 12:48:14 PM »

Any ideas? Try holding ground on pin while read or something? Anyway "exclusive" pictures below comparing ME 7.5 naturally aspirated ecu vs turbo wideband.

Some differences:
- Atmospheric is missing one MOS : BUK108-50DL part number is the same on both
- missing chip near BUK's : 089 AD45932 030
- Bosch chip bottom left corner : Bosch 30343 vs 30340 on Turbo
- Bosch chip missing near connector: Bosch 30345
- D1: Motorola MC33186DH1 H bridge driver vs Bosch 30348 on Turbo
- D2: Bosch 30382 vs Bosch 30381 on Turbo
- D3: Bosch 30403 vs Bosch 30344 on Turbo
- Siemens branded CPU vs Infineon on Turbo
- Flash chip
etc.

The NEC is the same on both.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:51:30 PM by Blazius » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2020, 01:49:10 PM »

After that I tried with my VAGCOM cable which has some ftdi looking chips but they are unmarked , and they never worked for me before ( neither for ME7 logger or anything) but I decided to give a try anyway, finally installing the drivers with vcp enabled.

this is documented extremely well and works fine. the galletto exe just has to be patched with the vcds S/N

the S/N stuff is ftdi specific, which is why galletto will only work with ftdi cables, iirc.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BlackT

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2020, 01:53:09 PM »

Why don't you simply get FTDI cable and resolve all your problems.
BDW. That siemens based ECU is same as 512 kb turbo ECU,
That ME 7.5 is same as any other 1024 kb ECU
Blazius

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2020, 02:05:00 PM »

Why don't you simply get FTDI cable and resolve all your problems.
BDW. That siemens based ECU is same as 512 kb turbo ECU,
That ME 7.5 is same as any other 1024 kb ECU

Well I already have 3 cables : blue kkl ch340, Vagcom and MPPS I would've liked cutting down on costs, as it gonna quite expensive as it is for a simple convesion, since I have to get another lsu4.2, a map and n75 too, thankfully I already have 4 COP coils.

Also @nyet, yes as I wrote that is the main difference of the CH vs FTDI, it has no serial or unique ID at all( unless its CH340B), so anything that references idchip of the FTDI cables will not work. Now  I dont know if ArgDubs tool does this or not, but my VAGcom with vcp gets a completely different response than the ch chip cable. Also this cable ONLY works with me7logger using the 0x00 connection, it doesnt work with 01 or 11 either which is what VAG commander uses, btw when I try to read with VAG commander I can hear the relay/cluster clicking just like when I write with MPPS thru obd ( more than 50 times now) so I am thinking it might be a combined chassis wiring issue too.

Gonna try to fu*k around with it tommorow more different option if not I'll try shorting the Kline directly to the ECU , as in default form in B5 it passes through the cluster( as fluke mentioned too).
If that doesnt work guess I'll order a galletto cable.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 02:10:09 PM by Blazius » Logged
prj

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2020, 03:01:51 AM »

You're on here wasting time for how many years?

And you still don't have a 4$ FTDI cable.

FML.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2020, 05:47:14 AM »

Well, it seems I resolved the immo issue. I got a 018CH bin and crossflashed straight through OBD without bootmode with MPPS. VCDS reports everything is good. Onto the rest of the stuff.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 05:58:35 AM by Blazius » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2020, 05:57:42 AM »

ive only tried telling you to do that for how long?? Wink

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
fluke9

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2020, 06:32:53 AM »

And you still don't have a 4$ FTDI cable.

Kinda like trying to solder a amateur blink led circuit with a lighter for 3 years and complaining about burned leds.  Grin

The CH340 are super brutal crap, they might work for super crap but even on standard baudrates they are often way outside of the tolerances...
Blazius

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2020, 06:40:35 AM »

Kinda like trying to solder a amateur blink led circuit with a lighter for 3 years and complaining about burned leds.  Grin

The CH340 are super brutal crap, they might work for super crap but even on standard baudrates they are often way outside of the tolerances...

Maybe but these 3 cables have satisfied me so far , only now I had issues. But yes Ill get a galletto too (even though MPPS can do bootmode recovery either way) just to complete the collection.

For now I have to procure a n75, a map and another lsu 4.2 then do some wiring magic with ignition coil/wideband etc.
Blazius

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2020, 05:01:18 AM »

So to revive this thread....

Back last year fall I bought some new parts for the car, such as new exhaust pipes, new t3 manifold, cai etc to put on and improve the current engine bay. However in that same month I started a job, which requires me to work every day Monday-Sunday. Then I got some more parts in February to finally put on the car , so I thought  Grin

Because I use the car daily I couldnt afford more than 3-4 hours downtime each day and specially could not start jobs which requires taking apart a lot of things , because I wont be taking the car apart and putting it back every day, so ever since then I got those 2 boxes of parts sitting in the house... Eventually I got fed up with this and bought a an Audi B4 with LPG in March as a replacement/ 2nd car , so I can have downtime with the B5.

Well I got it home fine etc, and went to start it later on that day and it died and never restarted... well turned out to be no spark so immidietly bought new coil and performing bentley stuff and checking absolutely everything. Eventually I replaced everything including ECU , sparkplug cables , distributor etc. but nothing was fixing it , I never came across something like this. So now in September, redid every bentley check and checked every single wire, the signal was there but there was no spark so I bit the bullet and bought a new coil again and guess what it works... So I wasted half a year coz a bad NEW coil, safe to say I am never buying Magnetti Marelli parts ever again, also first experience with Digifant wasnt nice either.

So now I am getting the B4 ready for inspection and making sure it drives fine so I can finally start the massive jobs I have to do.
Going to pickup a tfsi pierburg n75 too, MAP is gonna be from Bosch motorsport( already calculated dsgrad, will post later obviously) and I already have the LSU's. I am wondering if anybody used these n75's in their builds and some specs like spring rate and orifice size would be nice too Tongue - no matter though car gonna be running feed forward, we'll see.

Should post some more in the new few days/ weeks.
_nameless

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2020, 06:10:11 AM »

ive used the on k04-064 to 1.8t conversions. they work without issue, its not the same rate of bleed off but considering youll need to make the pid tables from scratch really shouldnt be too much of an issue

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: