Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Wideband & Turbo ECU conversion  (Read 13871 times)
Blazius

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2020, 09:49:35 AM »

ive used the on k04-064 to 1.8t conversions. they work without issue, its not the same rate of bleed off but considering youll need to make the pid tables from scratch really shouldnt be too much of an issue

Guessing you meant the n75. ( 06F906283F ) yeah I just ordered it along with some misc parts.
Lets see if I can get the b4 done for next week for inspection, then we'll go from there.
_nameless

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2020, 06:02:19 AM »

Guessing you meant the n75. ( 06F906283F ) yeah I just ordered it along with some misc parts.
Lets see if I can get the b4 done for next week for inspection, then we'll go from there.
yah sorry the n75.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Blazius

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2020, 07:41:29 PM »

So recently got the B4 to pass inspection which means I'll start tearing down the b5 sometime soon.

Got the pierpurg tfsi n75 along with some other parts ready to go, bought some more wiring, connectors ( automotive-connectors.com, highly recommended) for all the wiring job I'll have to do.
Still have to get the map and flange made for it but shouldnt take too long. Will update more when I actually get into it.
Blazius

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2021, 02:34:28 PM »

So after half a year+ its time to update this and (hopefully) keep it updated for history if somebody wants to do the same Smiley Got the B4 fixed up and running as backup car so that means I can finally have the downtime needed with the project car  Shocked after years of dailying every single day.

So the reason for the long delay is that the wiring harness on these cars/ecus is just a tiny bit more work than just converting the o2 to wideband, simply didnt have the time for the downtime for them and the other required harness changes.

The atmospheric me7.5 runs on wasted spark coil, this means you dont have the other 2 signal wires coming from the ECU for the single COP's on turbo cars,so you gotta add them like the wideband wires.
Pins that you need add are : 94 and 95. The other two, 102 and 103 you can reuse from original harness, aswell as the power which comes from ECU relay and ground too coupled on all coils.

The other thing is the MAP sensor, the wiring for this simply does not exist. You are required to add the signal wire to pin 101, voltage is shared between hall sensor pin 1 and they both go to ecu pin 98, ground is ground.

N75 wiring poses no issues because the factory harness uses these pins(output) as intake manifold switchover ( on many other atmo engines in VAG). Personally will require to switch to a new type connector for the tfsi n75.

And thats about it, wideband wiring has been detailed many times but there can be some differences in pinouts / pin numbering on some ecus, will mention them later on.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 03:59:47 PM by Blazius » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2021, 03:10:51 PM »

Success!

Started up the car today with wideband turbo ecu and COP conversion from wasted spark atmo. If anyone requires it the COP trigger wire pinout is :

Coil 1 - pin 102
Coil 2 - pin 95
Coil 3 - pin 103
Coil 4 - pin 94

Next up is the MAP and the wideband extra wires.

At the moment the 018CG ecu has been crossflashed to 018CH so I could start it up without bothering with IMMO, once its off will be crossflashed to 018CA because of full damos. Ofcourse there are some DTC's which are going to get fixed , such as SAI and LDP and CAN missing message, ABS /esp stuff, rear O2 etc.
However there is one that I forgot about , the N249. At the moment and the past years I have been running with the DV in the dbc stlye, diaphragm runs to manifold directly.

There is a bit of conflicting info about the n249 on here. Back then the argument was that it helped open the dv's with the stiff springs such as 710N, but few years later found posts to remove it and fit 710P which seems to work without fine n249. Ofcourse I dont have a n249 atm nor I had plans to get one. DV is an aftermarket el cheapo 710p copy but as for which spec they built it to , I dont know but it worked fine so far, but I did notice some compressor stall however over the months.

What are the thoughts on N249 in 2021 with the 710P and other DVs.
Blazius

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2021, 05:38:47 AM »

So most of the hardware stuff is done 99% so I could start actually calibrating stuff. I started with setting injectors up, deleting stuff that I dont have on the car, SAI, rear o2 etc..
Also a thing, due to space reasons the inital tuning will have to be done for alpha N, yes bear with me here, SD might come later on but I simply cant fit a maf reliably due to manifold / turbo location, block location and frontend location, I might not even be able to a fit a proper filter on... anyway.

So I copied the TB maps, WDK and MSN from the original non turbo bin/ original tb. What I noticed is that the car is running pig rich, get the logger out and see the load/msdk_w is mega high... So since I got the headlights removed atm, I fitted the MAF back on with copied scaling ofcourse.

With that I got pretty good AFR on idle/stfts, but when I check msdk_w vs maf, msdk is higher by about 2.5 times, this makes the can 'run' at like 9 AFR without the MAF unplugged ofcourse. Tried changing wdkugdn for now on idle and it does not change a thing both downwards and upwards(and why would it), also tried MSLG from non turbo bin, with basically no change.
edit: I'll log msndk_w tommorow to see if the correction happens with the msdk_w path or just simply the value is too high from before-wdk/ugdn path.
 Any thoughts? Log attached in zip because cant upload directly , 'too long to upload'.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 12:29:09 PM by Blazius » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2021, 12:14:33 PM »

After several logs I came to the conclusion that WDK path is just too high ,loggin multiple values msndk(without klaf) msdk etc. Turned on adaption too changes msdk to measured using a factor for fpvdk which brings the two much closer however it does not matter because it resets once the e_lm is set.

So whos in the right here  Grin WDK 'should' not be tuned however the values simply do not work with the setup, I am unsure if there was some special application for atmospheric calibration that got baked in here or not but for now I have brought the idle afr/trims to sane levels using KFLF. Has anyone actually checked if msdk matches on idle,on a stock car? It should since it runs like crap if the MAF were ever to fail.
I suppose I need to mess around with KFURL and co(which might cause load issues on wot later on, will see) , if wdk is not to be changed (however many still modify these on alpha n fallback).
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: