Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Setting up junkyard ECU so it can be hotswapped with my APR tuned ECU  (Read 3393 times)
chinookmech

I have two 06A906032DL ME7.5 ECUs. (2001 VW 1.8T AWW wolfsburg jetta)
1) My original daily driver ECU with APR KO4 tune (I have the dealer immo tag for this ecu)
2) My spare same PN ECU I got from the junk yard (I do not have the immo tag- but I was able to download EEPROM bin (attached)

Can someone please point me to the process/memory addresses in the bin file that I need to:
1) Locate/Transform existing IMMO pin and Update the IMMO pin on my spare ECU to match my current ECU so they can be hot swapped
2) Turn immo on/off
3) Confirm the immobilizer type 2/3
4) How are the checksums calculated for the Eeprom bins and what addresss are they stored at.

I tried to download turboat's EepromTool but got virus warnings.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6134.0title=

I have VCDS and KKL cable so I am thinking in the worst case if I can figure out the pin on the junkyard ecu I can use it to login and update it to match my original ecu.

Thanks for the help. My goal is to understand how to do this manually, create some flowchart to help others through the process, and lastly create/port existing tools to a single java/d2xx based Eeprom tool tool that can run on windows/linux/android.

_nameless

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 09:29:28 PM »

ecu is immo 2, pin only stored in the cluster in immo 2. take a look under the stickies for how to remove the immo its 4 bites including the checksums

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
chinookmech

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 10:32:27 PM »

Please point me to the sticky that you are referring to. All the ones that come up in my search refers to immo 3 ecu or scenario where ecu is being replaced(not cloned so it can be swapped back and forth during development).  I know somebody must have run into this before so I hope they can provide me a bit more guidance.   
macxxx

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 03:30:46 PM »

I think this what you need
BlackT

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 04:38:06 PM »

Visual ME7 logger do this yob with ME7check. You can use it too for testing
chinookmech

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 06:59:00 PM »

Thanks for the info guys. I was able to read , disable IMMO, and flash EEPROM and the car starts and runs on the spare ECU. 

This page provided the details that I was looking for:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg2286#msg2286

Next Step is to collect logs with my current ECU so I can build baseline tables for the spare ECU.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: