Pages: [1]
Author Topic: C-Box with 29F800BB  (Read 2165 times)
danzzon

« on: January 08, 2020, 06:10:18 AM »

So i have just bought a new chip for my c-box since it is an ABT chipped box the chip that was in it couldnt be reflashed not even in boot mode, although now when trying to flash with the new 29f800bb chip in there mpps states no reply from ecu.

As the ecu is tuned by ABT the chip is socketed with their type of psop44, could this be the thing that is preventing it from accepting any other file than the original one that they wrote.

When trying to write the previous chip that was in there the write would stop at 21% everytime if i did the smallest of changes to the file whilst the original file flashed back no problem in boot mode, so my question is if its the psop44 board that has some kind of encryption that only allows their file and their chip?

Should i simply just solder the 29F800BB chip to the board and skip the socket?
danzzon

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 06:24:06 AM »

Oh and probably worth to mention, i can use the ecu id function in mpps no problem, its only when i try to read it says that the ecu is not replying!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: