Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MED 9.1.1 - Reflashing tools  (Read 2724 times)
bamofo

« on: January 17, 2020, 08:25:46 AM »

Looking for advise on what tools i should be purchasing to read/write to MED9.1.1

Looking into the FSI Audi Q7 but before i get one i really need to learn MED9.1

ECU ID will be 4L0910560C

So far im seeing MPPS V18 but im unsure if i have to Checksum the file first or if it will do Checksum for me. i have an mpps v16 but ive never had any luck reflashing with it..

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 09:20:27 AM by bamofo » Logged
bamofo

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 10:57:14 AM »

Reading more and hoping that this thread with references to useful pieces may help the search functionality in the site. Nyet if you just want to delete this cause im posting redundant stuff thats fine. But its all referenced in different areas. Sorry

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5418.0title=

This topic is a great start to get a real backup of your ROM / EEPROM if your looking to not trust clone hardware like MPPS clones or others. from the thread i pulled out the following

BDM 100 tool will force read but you will need to split the ECU open to do it. (not a big deal)

Other tools like MPPSv18 say they can pull the eeprom via OBD... but im not sure since mine hasn't shown up yet. My bench is done but i need the BDM to show up before i can confirm what does/doesn't work.

Also somewhere is a thread on the ME9sum which i have... but i couldn't re-find it. (ill update when i do)

Lastly looking to find (then update) the IMMO delete for ME9. PRJ mentioned how to do it on a me7 thread but i haven't dug far enough to see if its the same, different, or on here im just not using the search functionality right.  Probably just me. I will keep this updated if you say its ok. Otherwise delete away.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: