Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 04 allroad  (Read 2707 times)
sinnfuly_righteous

« on: January 26, 2020, 05:14:25 PM »

i was unaware that reading the ecu would prevent my car from starting. In another tread i found that you could re flash the ecu with the original file to start the car. my first question is would it work? and my second has anyone had luck with the me7sumcheck working with window 10?( ibve attached the stock file)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 05:26:22 PM »

i was unaware that reading the ecu would prevent my car from starting.
In another tread i found that you could re flash the ecu with the original file to start the car. my first question is would it work?

Good thing you linked to the thread, and said what ECU PN you are using

Wait. You didn't do either.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=981.0title=

Why?

and my second has anyone had luck with the me7sumcheck working with window 10?( ibve attached the stock file)

Yes, everyone uses it. Good thing you said what it is that isn't working for you.

BTW it's "righteous"

When doing any sort of flashing, attention to detail is key. Don't be sloppy. Be diligent. Take care. Explain problems in detail. Tuning is not the same as posting selfies on IG
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 05:28:30 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 07:40:55 PM »

i was unaware that reading the ecu would prevent my car from starting. In another tread i found that you could re flash the ecu with the original file to start the car. my first question is would it work? and my second has anyone had luck with the me7sumcheck working with window 10?( ibve attached the stock file)
here write this back i changed the bits for you so no more issues with that code

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
sinnfuly_righteous

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 07:48:23 PM »

4Z7907551S  the ecu part number. i was reading. i am cant find the tread i refaced before where is was mention to reflash when getting code p1681. i am a bit lost on the hex editing tool. i did find a threat about editing the http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6719.0 and again it was mention by a member to just re flash a few time to "get lucky" and get one to stick. the reason i ask about the sumchecker is when i use it in cmd i get a messaged about contacting the author of the program to get a version compatible with my os.(windows 10 home). Marty i appreciate your help. could you explain what you did so in the future i know how to address this problem
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 08:06:54 PM »

exactly as the post said mate. search the file for the bits in the post, change the last bit from 2d to 0d. Export the file then checksum and write back

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
sinnfuly_righteous

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 08:36:18 PM »

i greatly appreciate the help. it worked perfectly !!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: