Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BBT K300 KFLDHBN  (Read 3081 times)
JustGav

« on: February 03, 2020, 09:01:44 AM »

Bit of a long shot, but I've been unable to find a compressor map for the BBT K300 turbo (which is a hybrid K03s of some kind), on the off chance has anybody mapped one of these and would be willing to share IMX and KFLDHBN tables?

Thanks
littco

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 04:49:57 PM »

Bit of a long shot, but I've been unable to find a compressor map for the BBT K300 turbo (which is a hybrid K03s of some kind), on the off chance has anybody mapped one of these and would be willing to share IMX and KFLDHBN tables?

Thanks

Well as I developed these, I guess I'm as good as anyone to comment. There where never any compressor maps so don't worry about those! HBN you can just max as if you're worried about pressure ratios then you arent interested in getting to 300bhp. And IMX you need to adjust according to logs, but as you will be running a 10psi actautor and boost control via KFLDRL then imx is a little less of a problem .

tommyrollo02

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 04:29:16 AM »

Ahh, ok :-) if there aren't any then that explains why I had no luck finding a compressor map then!

What boost (bar) would you recommend I aim for to achieve 270-280hp? At the moment we are working on a 1.3bar map, we are aiming to achieve 1.3bar.

So, I'm not particularly worried about pressure ratios - we've had good success up until so far with getting the car to provide power, that is, more power than stock. A couple of maps ago I was trying to understand why I was dropping power at the top end around 4.5-5k rpm - and why the turbo was falling off to 1bar. Checked my IRL and IOP tables and they were requesting what I expected to be more boost (i.e. from torque request), however I came across IMX and started bringing the percentage down at higher RPMs - which allowed the boost to go back up, naturally.

Since doing more research in the forum, and as you state, IMX shouldn't really be touched for this and instead I should use KFLDRL.
On power runs, we started noticing a lean spike around 4k RPM so we left boost alone for a while - when focusing on the logs we found that we were getting torque intervention which was sucky. It wasn't related to LDRXN after reading up on S4 Tuning Wiki, our symptoms followed the pattern of not being LDRXN but rather KFLDHBN restricting us.

The night before last, I created a new map from scratch, using the original base map (1.8t AUQ HN ECU) and took all the "postive" learnings from the previous maps into this one - minus the IMX changes. The run was a bit choppy :-/ BUT we were no longer seeing torque intervention like previously. Fuelling is good, no lean spikes and follows Requested AFR nicely across a WOT run.

So, my next changes to the map are to introduce partial changes to KFMIOP and KFMIRL - i.e. only adjust (and extend) columns to the right of the table (don't touch lower pedal % columns), and adjust KFMIOP accordingly - I also want to write a "request" tool in excel that will try roughly and simulate the % load / torque request between the two tables - so there aren't any wierd anomolies. Once done, I will take it out and log the changes on WOT. Once I'm happy with power delivery and that it isn't being torque limited - I will move onto adjusting KFLDRL to bring the top end back up and tweak IMX to tighten up. I'm hoping the lower end of the IOP/IRL tables will still give me smooth part-pedal driving.

I'm at work at the moment, but will upload my current map this evening if you don't mind taking a quick look. We've come along way since starting and we are starting to better understand how all the maps interact with each other Smiley

This forum and the S4 wiki is an absolute gold mine of information, but sometimes you have to go look far and wide to get it - but that's part of the fun!

Thanks littco!
tommyrollo02

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 07:39:12 AM »

Sorry it took a while to upload these, I've uploaded the map that's currently on the car as well as the logs for a couple of WOT runs. The car pulls well, maybe not "amazing" at the top end.

It's got changes in IOP, IRL, LDRXN and Imax as well as a few others.

Everything in this map is what JustGav and I have learnt from the forum so far, it feels like we've come along way in understanding how ME7.5 works - but I doubt we're probably scratching the surface. Some of it right, some of it wrong no doubt.
tommyrollo02

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 08:02:46 AM »

Logs to go with it, had to strip a lot of useless content out as the site wouldn't let me upload original file
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 12:33:47 AM »

You can always zip log files.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: