Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Disabled Boot mode  (Read 8850 times)
danzzon

« on: February 06, 2020, 09:55:49 AM »

So i bought a new 800bb box of a guy on ebay 8d0907551h that i was going to flash with an m file, however now when trying to boot mode the ecu it doesnt work for some reason. I have done boot mode the exact same way im doing it right now without any issues but for some reason the ecu says boot mood inactive in galletto and same thing with mpps v13.

is there any way he could have possibly disabled boot mode, if so how the hell would that be possible
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 09:58:03 AM »

Open the ECU. Are there visible modifications?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 10:33:07 AM »

Boot mode cannot be disabled. shit clone tools is probably the reason.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
danzzon

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 10:43:58 AM »

ive opened the ecu trying to enter boot mode, no visible mods 800bb sits right where it should.

I flashed the ecu via obd worked fine, but as soon as i grounded the pin to enter boot mode stopped responding.

Doesnt enter boot mode and or doesnt communicate via obd, not vcds not nefmoto not galleto not mpps
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 11:03:31 AM »

There is no way to disable bootmode other than physical damage

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
danzzon

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 11:11:48 AM »

Ok, so i have now tried my other old ecu and that thing doesnt seem to respond to grounding pin 24 either, so now im curious as to what else could have happend since i dont believe both my mpps and my ftdi cable went bad at the same time since none of them connect to either of the ecus
aleks19411

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 01:23:33 PM »

Weird question. You could break what lies after calibrations. Try recovery mode. If this does not help, you need a programming tool in an external way, such as XELTEK. Since the calibration area is usually 00FFF0-2ABFF.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 01:29:36 PM »

Ok, so i have now tried my other old ecu and that thing doesnt seem to respond to grounding pin 24 either, so now im curious as to what else could have happend since i dont believe both my mpps and my ftdi cable went bad at the same time since none of them connect to either of the ecus

whatever you were doing to get bootmode before was marginal then

ECUx Plot

danzzon

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 01:34:22 PM »

Could it maybe be that im not using any resistor to ground to pin or should that really affect it going into bootmode? Because right now its not even entering boot mode no matter how long i ground pin 24 before powering up the ecu
aleks19411

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 01:40:00 PM »

Could it maybe be that im not using any resistor to ground to pin or should that really affect it going into bootmode? Because right now its not even entering boot mode no matter how long i ground pin 24 before powering up the ecu
How understandably do you use this scheme?
aleks19411

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 01:42:56 PM »

can try so?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 02:07:12 PM »

It has nothing to do with how long you hold it before your power it up.

It has to do with how long you hold it while it is powering up before you remove it.

ECUx Plot

danzzon

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 02:32:09 PM »

Yes thats what i meant ofc, holding after powering up, tried 2sec 5sec 10sec 30sec, Nothing and ive grounded pin 24 only
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2020, 03:02:40 PM »

What are you using for a ground reference?

ECUx Plot

danzzon

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 11:22:54 PM »

Im using the cars battery to power up the ecu so im using the ground on the battery.

Ecu info is THIS-IS-THE-RAM-PROGRAM
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: