Pages: [1]
Author Topic: verify that i have properly removed emission components  (Read 3077 times)
sinnfuly_righteous

« on: February 08, 2020, 09:54:54 PM »

04 allroad ecu part number 4Z7907551S  using definition  file 8D0907551M-20190711.xdf
fallowing the s4 wiki guide i have attempted to removed the emission components: secondary air , o2 (currently straight piped with no cats)
using the ME7 correction tool i have corrected the sums. I am hoping someone would double check what i have done.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 07:44:03 AM »

04 allroad ecu part number 4Z7907551S  using definition  file 8D0907551M-20190711.xdf
fallowing the s4 wiki guide i have attempted to removed the emission components: secondary air , o2 (currently straight piped with no cats)
using the ME7 correction tool i have corrected the sums. I am hoping someone would double check what i have done.
that wont work man the s4 is me7.1 apb and yours is me7.1.1 bel engine code. the map addresses are not in the same locations so odds are you just changed random bits. a for effort but unfortunate for you its going to  require more work then that. you have 3 options you can use a better defined file / def like the 4z7907551r.

stock 4z7907551r here>>>>>>>> http://files.s4wiki.com/stock/4Z7907551R.bin

def located here for that file >>>> http://files.s4wiki.com/defs/4Z7907551R.xdf

using the r file will allow you to use the matching xdf i posted the link to above ^^. make your changes and make sure you checksum the file too otherwise your car wont start and ecu will be bricked. you can use me7sum to do this or post your modded r file on this thread and ill checksum it for you.

next option is to define your own file or look for a xdf for your s file. as i said above^^^^ you need to have a matching xdf for the file you are using. this is kinda hard for a noob and if you dont have winols im not really sure how you could do it otherwise.

last option is buy a solution. i really dont think thats something youd wanna do and for what its worth you already are on the right track but a bit misguided.

good luck im sure youll figure it out

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Auriaka

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 11:30:07 AM »

If you are using Tunerpro the MTX electronics checksum plugin works great as well and I have had zero issues with using it on several variations of me7 ecu. Its a free download and easy to install. You would then just have to go into your xdf header information of the xdf that you are using are set the plugin up so that anytime you save a file it sums it automatically for you.
sinnfuly_righteous

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 10:01:16 PM »

Ok, Marty i believe i have it now. i also deleted the SAI and i sum checked it. Will i need to correct this file to prevent the P1681 Control Module Programming Not Finished from setting?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 12:38:48 AM »

OT but i have to ask, is the spelling of your name intentional?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
sinnfuly_righteous

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 07:07:32 PM »

All the names I tried where taken. Do I just came up with my current name.  Honestly I assumed this tuning would be a fair bit easier. So I never intended to post. Sadly I was terribly mistaken.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 07:36:45 PM »

I don't see a "sinfully righteous" user.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
sinnfuly_righteous

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 07:55:55 PM »

Yeah. I assumed there wouldn't be lol. And being I never intended  to post I didnt care what my user name was. But it's of little concern  to me. At the moment  I'm studying the s4 tuning wiki religiously. I appreciate  your work you've done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sinnfuly_righteous

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 07:57:13 PM »

I honestly fat finger the name, I didnt even noticed until you pointed it out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: