Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stock 19yr old unloved Seat Leon mk1  (Read 1283 times)
JustGav
Full Member
***

Karma: +2/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 63


« on: February 18, 2020, 04:26:52 PM »

So,

I start off with saying that I came to this board originally to research and make use of the wonderful tools that have been provided and in the process begun to learn an awful amount about the me7.5 and the 1.8t engine.

My car is simply my mule to get me to work and back after my 140k mile audi a4 started to have clutch issues, so my search began for a leon since we had been playing a friend's car which has a BBT K300 on it, I was a little bitten by the 1.8t bug.

Found an okay example for the princely sum of 500GBP and so begins the tidy the car up....

It original started off in shitbox stage on a par of non matching rears(some 16" multi spoke affair) and fronts (steels). I quickly located a set of Audi TT mk1 17" alloys with 3 good tyres (Pzero's) and one bald one.  Price tag 130GBP + 80GBP for a new tyre.

After a bit of search again, I found a cupra R set of seats (25 GBP) and clocks (£25).  Out came the seats, carpet got a damn good washing and cleaning as did the new seats.  I had hoped to code the clocks in but after a frustating few hours with the software, I realized that I need the original PIN for the clocks, not just the car's original one which thankfully I also still have. Having wasted a good few hours (10) attempting to get the clocks in I went old school...  The original cluster had some residual lights on usually due to damp, so I took the time to use contact cleaner and tidied them all up and transfer over the white dials and needles (low tech I know, but hey I was getting frustated, and also the new clocks had 145k on them rather than my 95k and given that I couldn't even code the immo in I didn't fancy failing on the clocks.

I realise this needs pictures, so upload some.
Logged
JustGav
Full Member
***

Karma: +2/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 63


« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 05:13:10 PM »

Adding pictures

As I picked it up.


Fitted the fronts while waiting to get the rear pair.


Removing stock interior and given a good clean


Cleaned up the new seats, given a foam, wipe and then a good coating of fabric protector.  I also cleaned the carpet while I had the seats out, and fitted some audio wiring ready for a system, made sense to do it with the carpet loose.








Gauges in


Lo-tech solution


Inbetween jobs, I've also started recovering the A, and B pillars, and will most likely do the headlining as I rather like the look of the fabric I got from the local store. Glued and fabric protector on it. Door cards and other bits will most likely be done as well.



Hmmm, bear with me, well, got the images in but now they are WAY too big, not funny...

« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 05:44:31 PM by JustGav » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Page created in 0.016 seconds with 17 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)