Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SAI delete and repurposing  (Read 3491 times)
JustGav

« on: February 18, 2020, 05:47:07 PM »

So next step on the project car is the SAI delete, Got me thinking about using the SAI output from the ME7.5 to drive something like water meth.  I did a quick search and couldn't find much.  So my question is basically this.

Anyone done something like this before, and if not I'll document my findings, what have got that is accessible and potentially has a map already without having to go into the assembly level.  I'm not ready for that yet, will start researching but not yet.

Thanks
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 05:58:14 PM »

So next step on the project car is the SAI delete, Got me thinking about using the SAI output from the ME7.5 to drive something like water meth.  I did a quick search and couldn't find much.  So my question is basically this.

Anyone done something like this before, and if not I'll document my findings, what have got that is accessible and potentially has a map already without having to go into the assembly level.  I'm not ready for that yet, will start researching but not yet.

There is no way SAI maps can be used for this w/o ASM changes, IMO

I can't think of any way triggering SAI is at all comparable to triggering W/M

Could be wrong, though.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dilly

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 11:55:45 PM »

There is no way SAI maps can be used for this w/o ASM changes, IMO

I can't think of any way triggering SAI is at all comparable to triggering W/M

Could be wrong, though.

i suppose he could remove the factory trigger wire from the sai harness and use an external pressure sensor to activate the relay thus making the sai pump wires his hot and ground for the meth pump. keep it somewhat factory so there aren't wires all messed
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 07:28:42 AM »

I did it years ago
It's an asm thing, you cannot done this by the map changing
adam-

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 07:40:51 AM »

Could just use an Arduino to monitor boost/N75 DC and drive a meth pump.  Would be able to do that much quicker than ASM.
JustGav

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 07:55:19 AM »

Perfectly usable solution, however given that I'm doing this on my test mule, I'd rather go for a cleaner route.  The car is going to end up with enough arduinos for driver comfort stuff.  When it comes to the engine I'd prefer to use automotive hardware.
JustGav

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 07:55:59 AM »

I did it years ago
It's an asm thing, you cannot done this by the map changing

Would you be willing to share any notes on what you did? I'm using HN 0001 in particular.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 12:16:47 PM »

There is b_sls bit which have been set when sai pump triggered by some conditions
B_sls sends condition to ecu pin (basically another bit in internal ram)
This connection should be removed to prevent any influence from b_sls and because there is a tons of checks of b_sls and you don't want ecu thinks sai running when there is actually wm runs so you cannot just manage b_sls here

And then you basically write some routine with asm like if rl or pvdkds > x and nmot > y and *another conditions met or filters* then set this bit else clear etc

But the thing is if you know asm, you can do that without any tips and if not, this cannot helps you at all

I
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:18:21 PM by fukenbroken » Logged
JustGav

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 06:57:37 AM »

My assembler has always been on x86 and ARM stuff, while there isn't a huge difference to C166/7, I don't like to assume that it will be the same on the ME7.5 side.
prj

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 08:55:26 AM »

If you really have experience in proper RE of x86 targets, then this will be a cakewalk.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: