Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confusing table labeling KFZW, KFZWA2, KFZWOP, KFZWOP2  (Read 2561 times)
larppaxyz

« on: February 23, 2020, 06:42:36 AM »

I'm having some confusion with actual tables that can be found and have been defined in some definitions.

KFZW and KFZWOP are easy to undestand and are only ones used without variable cams. (right?)

However, with variable cams we should have 4 maps total, or is there just one KFZWOP ?

What is KFZWA2? Is it the second KFZW map? Some definitions have both, KFZW2 and KFZWA2, what is the difference?

For example, one stock bin has KFZW, KFZW2, KFZWA2 and KFZWOP defined. I would expect it to be KFZW, KFZW2, KFZWOP and KFZWOP2

Additionally, looks like my stock KFZWOP is in many parts of timing table LESS than KFZW... are my tables defined incorrectly, or is this just something else?

Edit : Attached example XDF + BIN. It's not the only one i have seen. It's from VR6 3.2 24v Me7, i was looking for stock bin with definition and this is one of those i wound.

I'm doing all this because i want to make sure if have my own definitions correct. As ignition maps look very similar, i'm trying to see how much space there are between tables and how they are located in other similar bins. And i'm doing that because on my bin, KFZWOP goes below KFZW in many places and value don't seem to make sense to me.

Edit 2: Actually found proper VR6 R32 definition and bin (http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4232.msg42338#msg42338), there is actually 8 ignition maps. KFZW, KFZW2, KFZWA, KFZWA2, KFZWOP, KFZWOP2, KFZWOPA, KFZWOPA2. It all makes more sense now and i'm sure i have something incorrectly defined.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 07:52:24 AM by larppaxyz » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 06:48:53 AM »

I'm having some confusion with actual tables that can be found and have been defined in some definitions.

KFZW and KFZWOP are easy to undestand and are only ones used without variable cams. (right?)

However, with variable cams we should have 4 maps total, or is there just one KFZWOP ?

What is KFZWA2? Is it the second KFZW map? Some definitions have both, KFZW2 and KFZWA2, what is the difference?

For example, one stock bin has KFZW, KFZW2, KFZWA2 and KFZWOP defined. I would expect it to be KFZW, KFZW2, KFZWOP and KFZWOP2

Additionally, looks like my stock KFZWOP is in many parts of timing table LESS than KFZW... are my tables defined incorrectly, or is this just something else?

odds are its defined wrong and missing maps. what software version are you using?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
larppaxyz

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 07:08:56 AM »

odds are its defined wrong and missing maps. what software version are you using?

I updated my post.
gremlin

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 04:28:27 PM »

there is actually 8 ignition maps. KFZW, KFZW2, KFZWA, KFZWA2, KFZWOP, KFZWOP2, KFZWOPA, KFZWOPA2. It all makes more sense now and i'm sure i have something incorrectly defined.

Incorrect
There is no maps KFZWOP2, KFZWOPA, KFZWOPA2 in this ecu
All KFZW.... maps are on the picture.

osvandre

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 04:10:49 AM »

Incorrect
There is no maps KFZWOP2, KFZWOPA, KFZWOPA2 in this ecu
All KFZW.... maps are on the picture.

interesting image
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: