Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SIMOS18 file formatting and file sizing  (Read 2838 times)
samskiezz

« on: February 27, 2020, 05:53:19 AM »

Hello all i have a tuned file i bleieve it is a bin file i am struggling to get it to write onto my simos18 ecu chip i believe the file size is incorrect can someone help me maybe converting format to correct size it is 4.8 mb believe it is to big or incorrect format can someone help please
birchbark506

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 06:29:19 AM »

what tool are you using to read and write? did the mod file come from you ori read?
IamwhoIam

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 06:30:11 AM »

Lol if you can't make a difference between an OBD virtual read file and a true read, then maybe you shouldn't be touching this kind of ECU?

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
samskiezz

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 12:38:06 PM »

what tool are you using to read and write? did the mod file come from you ori read?

Thank you for your time and getting back to me so with the kess v2 tool I can write and recovery but not read I downloaded the original file from dyno- tune files then he modified the original to a modded version
samskiezz

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 12:41:14 PM »

Lol if you can't make a difference between an OBD virtual read file and a true read, then maybe you shouldn't be touching this kind of ECU?
Mate I am here to learn were you born knowing all. I am trying and that is the main thing I have a background in electronics and electrical engineering i think this is sufficient to be able to read and write an ecu plus im open to learning and advice which makes me a great and fast learner positive vibes only
michelhadid

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 03:08:01 PM »

Thank you for your time and getting back to me so with the kess v2 tool I can write and recovery but not read I downloaded the original file from dyno- tune files then he modified the original to a modded version

Youre using a clone tool, clone tools wont support simos 12/18 flashing or recovery even if they say the do, you dont want to work on those ECUS with a clone, even if you could. Original Kess V2 will work perfectly with those ECUS
yxx499

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 09:05:18 AM »

There`s no available "conversion"for changing the file size..

Read some posts on forum about Simos12/18 so u will know that`s not so easy; There`s no similarity with 1.9TDi from 1999.....
IamwhoIam

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 02:35:59 AM »

Mate I am here to learn were you born knowing all. I am trying and that is the main thing I have a background in electronics and electrical engineering i think this is sufficient to be able to read and write an ecu plus im open to learning and advice which makes me a great and fast learner positive vibes only

Here to learn, working on cars where a brand new ECU costs over £1000, and you're using clone tools? LOL

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: