Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Possible to flash an S4 mbox file over apb allroad tip ecu?  (Read 31010 times)
gsxeclipsepsi

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 05:27:36 PM »

i found a 3- tune for bosch maf, but its for a manual and I want to do it on a L-box/tip. What do I need to switch over and could you do check sums?

Here is the 3- and the stock S4 L box
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 07:00:19 PM »

I responded in one of your other threads. Copy over the modified maps from the d-box to the l-box. If you need the checksums updated, I will do it for you. I can't in good conscience do the work for you.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
gsxeclipsepsi

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »

How do i know which are the modified tables where? Please help me understand and I'll do the work. I'm trying to get it done tonight. Whats your email?
gsxeclipsepsi

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »

There so many thing I see that might need changing I have no clue. Copy over boost/fuel/timing etc? All the stuff under each category?
ddillenger

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 09:27:46 PM »

You do know 3- is for k04 turbos with stock fueling (injectors, pump, and maf are all stock). If you have k03's look for a stage 2 (or 2+). If you search a bit corradovolksb has an L-box posted based off of NVR's stage 2++. Reading through your old posts it looks like you want a flash and go file as you've asked these questions before and don't appear to have taken the initiative.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1688.60

That being said, until you TRY, you aren't going to get any help. Stop digging up old threads, read, and if you still can't figure it out post ONE thread with a specific question. Everything you need to know has been posted here many times over. All of your questions are answered in the tuning wiki.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:32:24 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 12:32:40 AM »

Stop what you are doing, and find a pro.

Or, learn how to do it from scratch, on your own, without copying somebody else's tune.

All of the information is there.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
m_haiser

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 04:21:31 PM »

anyone know why i CANT flash or read my apb allroad? its telling me security access rejected.
what am i not catching here?
ddillenger

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 09:18:52 PM »

Try fast init, and if that doesn't work, defeat the immobilizer first.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
m_haiser

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 05:33:16 PM »

tried fast init no luck either. how would i go about defeating immo?
ddillenger

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 05:50:17 PM »

I'm in the process of writing a step by step on that very subject.

Here's a quick explanation.

Go to: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1168.0title=, download the tool, and read the contents of the 95040. Save them somewhere in case you want to re-enable the immo. later. Then, put the ecu in boot mode
http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,344.0title,.html and write the attached file to the ecu. After that, you can bench flash the ecu without worrying about the immobilizer.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
m_haiser

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 12:21:01 PM »

shit, i dont have a bench flash setup. no way to get around it without one im guessing
ddillenger

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »

All you need is an IDE connector from a computer and a few alligator clips or female spade connectors and a powersupply (12v 1a would be sufficient.) It is VERY easy. The ecu and obd connectors are great for cleaning things up, but in a pinch you can deal without them. I can draw you a quick diagram if you can't find one anywhere else. LMK!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
m_haiser

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 04:49:59 PM »

i dont think im up to all that. wish there some someone local who could do it for me haha.
or i could stop being cheap\pour and pay for a tune. looks like im stuck
ddillenger

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 04:56:24 PM »

where are you located? If you were local I'd do it for you. Literally a 3 minute job. Have you picked up a spare ecu yet?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
m_haiser

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 04:58:34 PM »

im in WA and no, no spare. probably a good idea but for the going price of a used ecu i could almost get a jfonz tune.
thats why i was trying to use nefmoto
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: