Pages: [1]
Author Topic: basic maps for stage 1 and advices for finding them  (Read 12718 times)
remembera

« on: March 01, 2020, 08:47:41 AM »

Hi all! I have read the all information from the man with audi tt (me7.x 240hp 47 pages documentation) twice. I think i have some basic knowledge but still not at all. I have ori file from audi a3 1.8T 150hp AUM engine, and  full defined ols BAM engine file. My qestion is on which maps I should focus for stage 1 (the car is full stock) and how to define the maps. I recognize them in 2D, but i struggle with define the axises. I try to use compare, but doesnt work. I work on 8bit FF if that matters.MY question at all is what are your methods to find the maps? All advices will be appreciated.
Best regards
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:20:51 PM »

Everything above is covered in the tuning wiki and the community tune thread(s)

Not sure what you mean when you say you "work in 8bit ff".

That isn't going to work for just about every single interesting map in ME7.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
RBPE

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 08:28:36 AM »

8bit ff for picking out patterns in ols, very easy to spot them that way, but....

Your AUM will not be the same values as a 225 model so you'll struggle more to pick out maps, not sure why you're not using an AUM or similar 150hp one off here?
Tuning is in Nyets signature above, start with that for which maps to mod.
remembera

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 01:06:02 PM »

Thanks, I try with 225 ols, because I dont have OLS for AUM or similar. I started to read S4wiki, prorably my qestion is noobly but what all thys acronims means or can I have some information about it, because I cant find any for example:
rlsol to plsol calculation
Converting from load to pressure is primarily a function of fupsrl (100% load is 1 bar at standard temp and humidity, assuming a VE of 1) and tans (mass density is dependent on temperature).

Roughly, this corresponds to:

plsol = (rlsol + rfagr) / fupsrl / fpbrkds / vpsspls

Where

rfagr is the amount of airmass displaced by the residual pressure leftover from the last cycle
fupsrl is the 100% load -> 1 bar conversion (dependent on tans)
fpbrkds is the pumping correction based on VE
vpsspls is the pressure drop across the throttle plate
The actual calculation is pretty complex; there many other correction factors involved..

According to the FR, assuming SY_BDE is false, and SY_AGR is true:

rfagr
rfagr is the air mass displaced by the pressure of the gases in the combustion leftover from the (presumably partially incomplete) exhaust stroke

pirg = fho * KFPRG
   fho = pu/1013
   KFPRG = ~70
fpbrkds corrects for VE (dependent on RPM and cam timing). It is used here to calculate rfagr and later as a correction to pssol

fpbrkds = ~1.016 (from KFPBRK/KFPBRKNW)
pbr = ps * fpbrkds
psagr = 250 (?)
rfagr = MAX(pbr-pirg,0)*fupsrl * psagr/ps
fupsrl
fupsrl is where most of the magic happens: it is the most basic conversion between load and pressure. Note that it is approximately 0.10, where 100 load => 1000mbar.

fupsrl = KFURL * ftbr
   KFURL = ~0.1037
ftbr
ftbr corrects the pressure based on temperature (i.e. for a given specified load, you need more pressure for an equivalent airmass at an increased temp). It is based on evtmod and fwft

evtmod is the modeled combustion chamber temperature, based on tans (intake air temp) and tmot (coolant temp). The idea is the the combustion chamber temp is basically the intake air temp heated by the engine block. In most cases, evtmod will be very very close to tans.

evtmod = tans + (tmot - tans) * KFFWTBR
   KFFWTBR = ~0.02
fwft is a correction factor that can be applied to ftbr according to FWFTBRTA

fwft = FWFTBRTA(tans)
   FWTFTBRTA(tans) = (tans+673.425)/731.334 (linear fit to stock FWFTBRTA)
ftbr's relationship to evtmod (from tans) and fwft is fixed and cannot be altered other than in the code itself:

ftbr = 273/(evtmod+273) * fwft
In theory, one could construct FWFTBRTA such that ftbr is flat with respect to tans (after being corrected by fwft), if you want to use a flat LDIATA and KFTARX with no side effects.

pssol
Moving on, now we can calculate desired manifold pressure pssol:

pssol = (MAX(rlsol-rlr,0) + rfagr + rlr)/fupsrl/fpbrkds
Note that rlr cancels itself out, aside from the initial MAX(rlsol-rlr,0) contribution, so its calculation is omitted here for brevity (assuming we only care about regions where rlsol>=rlr), yielding:

pssol = (rlsol + rfagr)/fupsrl/fpbrkds

I ask about what "pssol" "rlsol" means? Thanks a lot!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 01:40:39 PM »

I ask about what "pssol" "rlsol" means? Thanks a lot!

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#A_note_to_help_non-German_speakers

More abbreviations here

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Abbreviations

Commonly logged variables are here

http://files.s4wiki.com/ME7L-ecu/8D0907551M-typical.cfg

The rest is in the FR
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 01:53:35 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
RBPE

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 06:48:15 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6515.0
remembera

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 01:06:23 PM »

Thanks all! Ive read the thread about fueling Lamfaw,lamfawkr,lamfabts twice, im still little but confused, but before I start to make some trys I should ask for full stock AUM is there really need to touch fueling? I live in Europe and now I drive with 95 petrol (asking because lamfawkr dispute) ? One thing i didnt get too clearly can u see my lamfa, is now 0-1% and I should multiply by 100 or just need to rescale to 100%(make my axis from 50,59,90,94,97 to 20-40-60-80-90-100? Or I just simply go on rising rl? THanks in advance. Best regards.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 02:13:25 PM »

Thanks all! Ive read the thread about fueling Lamfaw,lamfawkr,lamfabts twice, im still little but confused, but before I start to make some trys I should ask for full stock AUM is there really need to touch fueling? I live in Europe and now I drive with 95 petrol (asking because lamfawkr dispute) ? One thing i didnt get too clearly can u see my lamfa, is now 0-1% and I should multiply by 100 or just need to rescale to 100%(make my axis from 50,59,90,94,97 to 20-40-60-80-90-100? Or I just simply go on rising rl? THanks in advance. Best regards.

Lambda is never percent. Lambda is always relative to 1.

ECUx Plot

BlackT

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 02:57:11 PM »

No need to touch LAMFA axis, special not for stage 1
Put in last two rows in LAMFA 0.8-0.85, it will be fine
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 03:00:09 PM by BlackT » Logged
snickers228

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 04:50:45 PM »

Sorry for noob question, what AUM mean? Huh
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 04:52:12 PM »

Sorry for noob question, what AUM mean? Huh

Engine code for a 1.8t.

ECUx Plot

snickers228

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2021, 12:10:13 PM »

Engine code for a 1.8t.
thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: