Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: TT Mk2 3.2Turbo.. Electrical problems (No spark)  (Read 16585 times)
prj

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2020, 02:54:05 AM »

Yes i wrote stock file in boot.. I use to wrie with kess.. but since i dont get contact with ECU i write in boot.. the stock file should work i think.. i did checksum with ECM titanium.
Why would you do checksum on a stock file?
99% this is your problem.

If you truly have a full stock read, then write it as-is without fucking with it.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
RBPE

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2020, 08:05:34 AM »

It's his st10 turbo file. Old mpps tend not to work on st10's, mcp/mcu data needed for load mods, which I think he did, would need the tool to flash over the data and with the st10 traps/timeouts/resets (been a while since I read c167 stuff and am no pro coder), plus the data to be retained on the mcu, then I'm thinking this could be why.
 Or it could defo be hardware or CS prob, those are the 3 likely answers and even if it is one of the latter 2, you still need to be mindful of the tools/data transfer on doing fi files on these regardless of what you do in the flash.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2020, 01:29:12 PM »

prj i have tried with stock file already.. I have 2 ECUs i have tesed this. on. Im gonna go try more flashing tomorrow. If 2 ECUs are coocked im done.. Going to film some tomorrow..

E85oholic
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2020, 04:00:31 AM »

Some progress now..  I took the ECU to the bench again and flashed  it with KESS V2 in "Recovery mode".. Thats the only mode that works. I flashed it with my stock file. Installed ECU in the car and now the fans dont start and the E-gas is calibrating.

In VCDS i can now read more numbers from the info screen.  I can also read Meas blocks and so on.. But can get accsess to faultcodes.. it says DTC´s nott supported or no contact...   But the big thing is that it fired up and died imediataley now. Then ECU locked it self and the fans came on.. 

Getting close and closer it feels.. Immo issue? I have my stock immo in the M95160 eeprom now.. Maybe i should go back to that immo off file again and try out that..  Any ideas on why it behaves like this.

E85oholic
dragon187

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2020, 04:08:13 AM »

I have post the immo off eeprom.
Also there is a picture where to check with vcds if immo is really off...
Check on table if immo is off.

If immo is off on table you can disconnect dash and than try start engine with immo off ecu.
Check if than fan still comes on.

With kess if you write in recovery, write ori file.
In recovery mode there will be no checksum done , this Is what we want with ori file.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:13:47 AM by dragon187 » Logged
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2020, 07:37:34 AM »

Cant re-produce the process with "Recovery" more...  Getting wake up error all the time...  I think it might be the tool thats messing with me..

E85oholic
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2020, 08:15:20 AM »

After having the ECU out of the car for 2 hours I was able to repcoduce the state where it fired up and died insantly. Before i cranked the engine i took a look in the ECU in VCDS and its possible to read "measblocks" now.. huh..

Also checked Immobilizer and I had premission to start and so on.. But i noticed that I lost the connection to this unit after a few seconds. it behaved strange.   Also that channel 91 that i should read cant be done due to non licenced VCDS tool.. soo Sad     arrghh

E85oholic
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2020, 10:46:31 AM »

Could someone help me with immo off on this file..  I want to be 100% sure i didnt mix the file i posted with this.. i found this on my old car computer.. This is a read out i did. couple of years ago. and this should be the correct immo from the car before i started tuning it...

E85oholic
dragon187

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2020, 10:55:11 AM »

here your eeprom.

can you please also upload your ori flash? i want to check something.

thanks

br
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2020, 12:40:51 PM »

Yes here it is..

E85oholic
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2020, 12:56:15 PM »

Ok som new info i got..  I recived an ECU from a friend with a 3.2 from 2004.. its the slightly older ECU..  I just wanted to test with that ECU.. And funny thing is that the ECU fires upp all time with no fans on.. it like its alive.. But the immo will not allow this ECU to start with my BUB...  Its the SP08c3 eeprom on this ECU.. 

Just for the fun of it I soldered a M95160W eeprom from my other ECU on to this ECU and ended up in the same "locked dead fan" state with this ECU aswell...  The ECUs acts as if the chip is dead or damaged..   

I once had another old BUB ECU from 3years ago and that had som damaged eeprom pads.. And that ECU acted in this way aswell... as if there was no eeprom in place..  I have also checked that i soldered the eeprom in the correct way with gnd in right place and so on..

Im going to do a test now to flash the immo from M95 to SP08 chip.. i doubt it will work but just a test..

E85oholic
prj

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2020, 04:08:16 PM »

Checksum is wrong, has been wrong the entire time.
Soldering DIFFERENT chips from different ECUs to each other? Yeah great idea.

Just get a standalone, this is not for you.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2020, 04:11:08 AM »

"This is not for you"  Well that was encurraging words...  As usual from you..  Been on this forum for 8 many years now. And getting used to hear same helping words coming from you Smiley  PRJ.   Im doing my best to try to understand.

Soldering chips from diffrent ECU has worked before on this ECU.. The R32 ECU i have now in my TT has worked for 3 years and has a chip from the original ECU. And i have been burning eeprom back and forth on my ecu´s before without any issues...   I have bench flashed both my ECUs and immo eeprom now to original from the read outs before i even started tuning this car and still wont work.  There is more to my problem than just than immo.

And yes you are totaly right.. I have now bought an Ignitron ECU. It´s on its way. I now have 2 BUB ECU´s  for sale Smiley   Feels like a big relief to just say good buy to the stock ECU´s   I did learn alot from this.. it wa actually really fun. But im throwing in the towel for now..

Did my best with the time i hade to spend on this.. Learned alot and did not pay single penny to any tuner..

But wait ther is more... I will stay in the forum for some DSG stuff.. So se you around PRJ..

E85oholic
RBPE

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2020, 06:32:41 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=17171.msg133139#msg133139
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2020, 12:20:27 AM »

Thanks RBPE, will check it out..

E85oholic
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: