Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Let's have a serious discussion of TQ Management  (Read 50292 times)
Rick

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2012, 11:51:26 AM »

VR i'll send you a PM,

RS4 MAF can read 499g/s

Rick
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 03:14:51 PM »

I'm going to do some logging later tonight.. I've added all the variables to the ME&L .cfg but I get errors saying some variable don't exist??  So I have to comment them out.  What do I need to do to get the variables to work?  I want to get everyone as much info as possible.

Attached is my CFG and ECU file.  If anything else is needed let me know please.  I hope to start logging in 2-3 hours.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2012, 03:20:08 PM »

You didn't say which are causing problems.

I haven't tried these, but these are what are missing from setzi's defs

Code:
dzws            , {}                                , 0x380D95,  1,  0x0000, {�KW}     , 1, 0,         0.75,      0, {}
etazws          , {}                                , 0x380D96,  1,  0x0000, {%}       , 0, 0,          0.5,      0, {}
wkrdy           , {}                                , 0x00F9B4,  1,  0x0000, {�KW}     , 0, 0,        -0.75,      0, {}
zaldy           , {}                                , 0x380C51,  1,  0x0000, {}        , 0, 0,            1,      0, {}
B_krldya        , {}                                , 0x00FD8C,  2,  0x8000, {}        , 0, 0,            1,      0, {}
B_krldyv        , {}                                , 0x00FD8C,  2,  0x0004, {}        , 0, 0,            1,      0, {}

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2012, 04:08:36 PM »

sorry yes... with the ones added that you just gave me...

the following I still need:
;zwsol
;miasrl_l
;zwopt

thanks

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
phila_dot

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2012, 04:19:34 PM »

I'm going to do some logging later tonight.. I've added all the variables to the ME&L .cfg but I get errors saying some variable don't exist??  So I have to comment them out.  What do I need to do to get the variables to work?  I want to get everyone as much info as possible.

Attached is my CFG and ECU file.  If anything else is needed let me know please.  I hope to start logging in 2-3 hours.

The alias's and descriptions need to be bracketed.

Ensure you are logging these:

B_mibeg
miszul_w
mifa_w
misol_w
migs_w
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:21:38 PM by phila_dot » Logged
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2012, 05:10:07 PM »

Doesn't work...

get the error:
Code:
-> Reading log config file C:\me7l\logs\mark_p_style.cfg .... done
-> Reading ecu characteristics file C:\me7l\ecus\m_box.ecu ..illegal line in file C:\me7l\ecus\m_box.ecu at line 724
Reading log config failed, exiting ...
exiting (cause=0x2)...

I've attached my files again as they are now... I don't believe I made any mistakes.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2012, 05:16:54 PM »

weird, its complaining about the last line.

maybe add some cr's?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »

if I comment out the last line, it then complains about the 2nd last line and so forth... and can only start logging when I remove the variables I just added (that you posted above).

phila_dot

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2012, 05:31:48 PM »

if I comment out the last line, it then complains about the 2nd last line and so forth... and can only start logging when I remove the variables I just added (that you posted above).

Edit: just saw you got it working by removing the new variables from *.ecu.

The alias's and descriptions in your config file need to be bracketed {}.

nmot_w  ; {RPM}  ; {Engine Speed}
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:38:25 PM by phila_dot » Logged
phila_dot

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2012, 06:52:13 PM »

These are copied straight from my *.ecu file and I have successfully logged them before.

dzws            , {DifferenceZwoptZwsol}            , 0x380D95,  1,  0x0000, {°KW}     , 1, 0,        -0.75,      0, {difference ignition timing (between zwopt and zwsol)}
etazws          , {IgnitionAngleEffect}             , 0x380D96,  1,  0x0000, {%}       , 0, 0,          0.5,      0, {nominal ignition angle effectiveness}
wkrdy           , {IgnitionRetardDynamic}           , 0x00F9B4,  1,  0x0000, {°KW}     , 0, 0,        -0.75,      0, {ignition retard during dyn-function of knock control}
zwsol           , {DesiredIgnitionAngleTorque}      , 0x380D97,  1,  0x0000, {°KW}     , 1, 0,         0.75,      0, {desired ignition angle from torque intervention}
zwopt           , {}                                , 0x380CB6,  1,  0x0000, {°KW}     , 1, 0,         0.75,      0, {optimaler Zündwinkel}
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »

^^^ doesn't work either... very frustrating... it looks all correct if I compare it to the other ones in the file...

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2012, 08:24:49 PM »

Your editor sucks.

Don't use notepad, it doesn't add end of line to the last line.

use a real editor, like vi.

ECUx Plot

jibberjive

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2012, 08:33:04 PM »

Unfortunately, these logs don't really shed any light on torque intervention.

Are these logs reflecting modified MDZUL or *_um tables?

Someone please log the variables in post 3.
My post above with the graphs above was edited to append the full untouched log csv. I logged pretty much every variable I found that I though could relate to this (though it wasn't done with the newest version of Setzi's logger with the new variables).  All of the following from post #3 were logged:

B_mibeg
miszul_w
mifa_w
misol_w
migs_w

As for which maps were/weren't modified, refer to this post:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1751.msg16927#msg16927

A lot of the maps I modified are in the MDZUL module (MDZUL isn't an editable map in-and-of itself, right?). I didn't modify any of the _UM maps.

OT:
Jib, so the notch does not manifest in rlmx_w, rlmax_w, or rlsol_w? Just rl_w?
Did you log fnwue?
What variable is labeled IgnitionTimingAngleOverallDesired? zwgru or zwbas?
Yup, the notch only manifests itself in rl_w, and not in rlmx_w, rlmax_w, or rlsol_w.  It also manifests itself of course in other related maps (injector IDC, MAF, Boost PID, etc). I did log fnwue, see above log. Not really sure what to look at or how to interpret the notch and fnwue, as I'm taking things one piece at a time and haven't arrived at the timing notch yet.

I'm honestly not sure exactly what values are used in ECUxPlot, that's a question better directed at Nye.  I'm curious myself as to exactly which variables correspond to which names inside of ECUxPlot.  A short text file listing them would be awesome.

Not sure what you guys are or aren't doing here.

I don't mean to be rude but the wizards available on here aren't going to help you. I have 700bhp engines that drive completely smoothly with a lovely throttle response at any load and speed. One tip though, don't use IOP to tune throttle response. You'll tie yourself in knots

Rick

You're not sure what our goals are, or you're not sure what has been modified in the above logs?

As for goals (I can only speak for myself):
1. Aggresive part throttle that is smooth as butter at all throttle inputs. No jerking/surging/oscillations (I've had varying degrees of surging in my past files, like part throttle around parking lots for example).
2. Boost buildup and onset as soon as possible. (I'm running GT turbos, and am looking to optimize the torque model to spool the turbos as soon as possible on WOT. No need to limit anything with these bigger turbos and built motor).

As for what I've changed in my specific case, again refer to this post :
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1751.msg16927#msg16927

I didn't use any "wizards" or calculated values (other than Berttos' KFMIOP converter, which I thought correctly calculates the inverse values of KFMIRL for the KFMIOP, no?).  Everything else was taken directly from the RS4 values and only interpolated to fit the scale of the axes on the S4 maps (some of those RS4 maps were entirely multiplied by a scalar in my case).  So not really calculating any fresh values or using any wizards per se.   You sound like you know a lot more than you're sharing though, so if you're willing, any direction would be appreciated.

No you don't. IRL doesn't affect boost ramp, only prevents you from getting the peak boost you want.

boost is generally regulated by throttle plate and wgdc.. log those.
I didn't modify any of the throttle plate maps (well, actually I did modify KFPED back to stock-ish from a previously linearized setup), and I have zero wastegate duty on my setup, with requested boost approx 2psi above what I can make on WG springs only.  Just by modifying the KFMIRL/IOP, etc maps, it definitely affected spool (if you look at the above graphs, I'm getting 15 psi around 4100 RPM's whereas I was hitting 15 psi around 3850 in previous files.

Why would you want the motor to make as much TQ as soon as possible if you aren't at WOT?
Higher off-boost torque and part-throttle torque feels awesome for around town driving. Really, it feels like a different car.

I agree that IRL/IOP map's uploaded shouldn't have too much relevance for 605's or GT's under high load.  For K04's the changes are intense.  Seriously Nyet, you have to try it...  I know you are skeptical but exactly like I said and as did Jibber's initial response, the car feels snappier, sharper, more precisely tuned.  If this wasn't the case, I wouldn't bother responding to my post, because clearly the WOT results look like crap - and nobody seems to be satisfied with them.  For my own sake however, I'm headed back to study BerTTos's tune further.
Really different driving characteristics for the driving that I'll do 80% of the time around town (I have to imagine gas mileage will suffer). And I wouldn't say my WOT results are crap by any means. 1st and 2nd WOT feel the same, if not better, it's just my rolling lower RPM 3rd gear logs that don't look better (though they don't look much worse, just a little).

EDIT: I've also attached the .csv log file to this post so that you don't have to go find it on the previous page.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:13:45 PM by jibberjive » Logged
s5fourdoor

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2012, 08:50:02 PM »

just noticed that your .cfg file was generated from v1.10 of me7.  setzi released v1.17, so maybe that's the issue?  i know for a fact he added zwsol in 1.17...

Doesn't work...

get the error:
Code:
-> Reading log config file C:\me7l\logs\mark_p_style.cfg .... done
-> Reading ecu characteristics file C:\me7l\ecus\m_box.ecu ..illegal line in file C:\me7l\ecus\m_box.ecu at line 724
Reading log config failed, exiting ...
exiting (cause=0x2)...

I've attached my files again as they are now... I don't believe I made any mistakes.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2012, 09:58:02 PM »

Your editor sucks.

Don't use notepad, it doesn't add end of line to the last line.

use a real editor, like vi.

I'm using notepad++ which is a great editor... but ok... I guess it's possible :S

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: