Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Constant Pops and Bangs in MED 9.1  (Read 7018 times)
Albertoak

Well done is better than well said....

« on: March 12, 2020, 12:57:34 PM »

Hello companions. I'm new around here. But I have been reading the forum for a long time without registering, but I think I already had to take the step ... to be able to contribute a little what I know.

On this occasion I ask for some help.

After reading the entire post of: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=7174.435

I got ready to add the pops & bangs to my leon cupra 2.0 tfsi with ecu med 9.1.

I added -21 degrees of lag (it seems to me to be neither a very strong nor a very weak figure) in the first 2 loading lines of the ignition maps:

• KFZWMN: minimum advance
• KFZW: basic advance
• KFZWOP: optimal advance

Following this, activate the byte from:CWSAWE to 1 (to deactivate the decel fuel cut OFF with clutch without depressing. It is manual car).

Lastly, i established the 3 tables of: KFNWEGM, the line of 80 degrees temp at maximum rpm (it is supposed to activate the slowdown gasoline injection)

the car pops when lowering rpm (set from 3000rpm to maximum rpm). But when it drops below 3000rpm, the ecu continues to inject gasoline and the car goes down very slow in rpm and remains half accelerated.

I would not like to touch lambda maps to activate DFC.

Does anyone know if there is any table to activate the injection of gasoline from X rpm to X rpm Huh and thus avoid such an uncomfortable situation.

very thanks!!!

Dee89

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 03:19:39 AM »

I would suggest to use KFTVSA instead of KFNWEGM, you can adjust rpm and duration with it. 
Albertoak

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 05:20:41 AM »

thanks for the reply.

But I tried it. With CWSAWE to 1 always.

If I put the tables of 60-80 degrees of temperature up to the maximum (2.55sg leaves at 9.1 med). You only hear the pops that 2.55sg when you release the pedal and no detonation is heard when changing gears.

And if I do it with: KFNWEGM. Putting the DFC OFF at maximum rpm. Always inject gasoline and when it goes down from 3000rpm down (I no longer put on ignition delay) it stays as accelerated ...

that's why he asked if there was any table to tell him. maximum rpm up to 3000rpm injects gasoline. but from there down, no (until reaching idle, of course ...).
Kompiesto

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 11:56:54 PM »

KFNWEGM set to NMAX
KFTVSA set 2.55 in rpm where You wish
CWSAWE to 1
ZW maps low load ignition area change
You can add more fuel on deceleration in VAKL map
You can edit LAMFA, BTS in low areas to inject more fuel

If You want rally NLS with bangs you must do ignition cut on deceleration. KFTSRL change on very low load and FTOMN
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 02:51:26 AM by Kompiesto » Logged
Albertoak

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 05:19:32 AM »

Curious and thanks for answering.

I read that people in med9.1 make different modifications to the ignition maps and I don't know which one is right for p & b anymore.
Some modify the 6x KFZW maps, another also modify the KFZWOP / 2 and KFZWOPL / 2 but there are also people who say better not to modify the torque ignition maps ...
Also people who modify the 9 maps of KFZWMN and consecutive ...

After thinking it over. I think the best settings are p & b overrun ... so the EGT temp doesn't rise too much and there are future problems ...

I have thought about this config. let's see what you think.

CWSAWE on 1
KFTVSA on 2.55sg from 3000.0 to cutrpm in 60-80º
KFZW in its 6 maps, on -21 for first two load rows from 3000rpm to max
KFZWMN and its 9 consecutive maps. On -21 for first two load rows from 3000rpm to max

I would like what you say. that when changing gears you also hear, type NLS.

I would not like to touch LAMFA maps, even if they are at low loads ... I think it would affect. since they start at 55% of minimum load.

thanks!!!

Josh_ox3

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 02:04:58 PM »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 04:33:41 PM by Josh_ox3 » Logged
d1scussi0n

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 04:03:43 AM »

My setting are:

KFTVSA -> 2 sec on the rpm range i want to have bangs
KFZWMN -> -20 on the lowest %load in the range of rpm i want bangs
KFZWOP -> X-20 on the lowest %load in the range of rpm i want bangs

Had worked with KFZW and after banging the engine seemed to strugle in some ways. without KFZW touched I got rid of that problem.
Also, don't go full in KFZWOP because you'll mess up torque model.

Also, if touch KFNWEGM you'll never cut off fuel if you set it at High rpm.

Test is the way I have it, try it. Maybe go 2.55 at KFTVSA if you high. Come back with feedback.
Albertoak

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 04:49:18 AM »

My setting are:

KFTVSA -> 2 sec on the rpm range i want to have bangs
KFZWMN -> -20 on the lowest %load in the range of rpm i want bangs
KFZWOP -> X-20 on the lowest %load in the range of rpm i want bangs

Had worked with KFZW and after banging the engine seemed to strugle in some ways. without KFZW touched I got rid of that problem.
Also, don't go full in KFZWOP because you'll mess up torque model.

Also, if touch KFNWEGM you'll never cut off fuel if you set it at High rpm.

Test is the way I have it, try it. Maybe go 2.55 at KFTVSA if you high. Come back with feedback.

This is a good foundation. But I have noticed that if the KFZW base maps are not modified. There is no p & b when changing gear and stopped with gear 0 accelerating.
d1scussi0n

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 10:15:57 PM »

This is a good foundation. But I have noticed that if the KFZW base maps are not modified. There is no p & b when changing gear and stopped with gear 0 accelerating.

Hmm, that is interesting. I have noticed lots of people doing this p&b many different ways with way different results. I am not an experience tuner of pro of med9, but i tried a lot of things regarding this issue.

My car is a DSG one, so with KFZW  NOT TOUCHED i get pops and bangs on Neutral, Park, any gear and in between shift (altho i think that here is DSG based). No one is ever going to tell you the exact way, so you just test and log until you find your perfect settings.

Albertoak

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 11:59:46 PM »

Hmm, that is interesting. I have noticed lots of people doing this p&b many different ways with way different results. I am not an experience tuner of pro of med9, but i tried a lot of things regarding this issue.

My car is a DSG one, so with KFZW  NOT TOUCHED i get pops and bangs on Neutral, Park, any gear and in between shift (altho i think that here is DSG based). No one is ever going to tell you the exact way, so you just test and log until you find your perfect settings.

This is what I'm doing, testing different configs. Of course there are people who keep this as a secret ... and in the end it is noise that you end up getting tired (I will end up removing them) everyone I have heard does not sound natural, it sounds very artificial. The only brand that seems to me something more "real" are those of apr.
nitromanstonV

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2020, 02:22:43 PM »

thanks for the reply.

But I tried it. With CWSAWE to 1 always.

If I put the tables of 60-80 degrees of temperature up to the maximum (2.55sg leaves at 9.1 med). You only hear the pops that 2.55sg when you release the pedal and no detonation is heard when changing gears.

And if I do it with: KFNWEGM. Putting the DFC OFF at maximum rpm. Always inject gasoline and when it goes down from 3000rpm down (I no longer put on ignition delay) it stays as accelerated ...

that's why he asked if there was any table to tell him. maximum rpm up to 3000rpm injects gasoline. but from there down, no (until reaching idle, of course ...).

I make the same modifition, but when you press the clutch pedal, the ecu no longer serves the same card, so there is no ignition delay during the gear change, modify KFNWEGM and KFTVSA the car remains accelerated alone and jumps under low load which is useless and unpleasant to drive. I still can not delay the ignition only when the clutch pedal and operate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: