Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B5 S4 2.7T - VVT not advancing correctly on bank 1, bank 2 working correctly  (Read 5226 times)
jmont23

Has anyone had this issue before? Looking through my logs, it appears to have started on May 10th last year after about 10ish runs at the dragstrip. So far, I've verified the solenoids are in spec and even swapped them, but the issue stays on bank 1. No codes and the wiring checks out. Next on my list is to replace the CCT. Assuming the CCT is bad or there is some sort of oil blockage that isn't allowing the CCT to retract enough to loosed the cam chain for full intake cam advance.

Just looking for suggestions before I actually replace the CCT. Notice in the second image the shape of the Bank 1 cam angle. There is a consistent drop around 4krpm and recovery to ~7 degrees in a lot of my logs.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 07:59:43 AM by jmont23 » Logged
jmont23

Replaced the CCT and the issues went away. CCT must have just went bad.
vwaudiguy

Thanks for following up.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

2nd. It is appreciated, since these sorts of things do the most to help others.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BlackT

sorry for question but what CCT is? First time I heard this short, and google doesen't help
Blazius

Camshaft Chain Tensioner
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: