Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: KFLDHBN - how to configure  (Read 27239 times)
littco

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2013, 02:11:35 PM »

I plan to run KFLDHBN as a sole load limiter map in my tune, this is with tial 770s, 4bar map and 5120 hack naturally. This way I should always run at the psi I want, instead at what car wants.

Would it not be easier just to max kfldbhn and ldrxn and tune boost via kfldrl ? ECU might not be actually controlling boost but a bit of work and tunning of klfdrl can't be any harder than setting up kfldbhn. You can set exactly the boost you want when you want.
julex

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 06:23:57 AM »

You're missing the point. Assuming here that you mention KFLDRL as you want to run more than 22.5psi below which KFLDRL doesn't have to be used to limit WGDC in max load.

KFLDRL can be used to limit wastegate activity to reach certain WGDC at any given load and RPMs... however it has several limitations, most notably:

1) doesn't take under consideration intake temps so you will run the same WGDC, with different boost levels, regardless of time of year.
2) doesn't allow PID controller to do its work and use high WGDC when needed, like coming into boost from part throttle to full throttle at higher RPMs.

With properly modified ECU, with 5120 hack and 4 bar map installed in the car, you can have stock-like-looking KFLDRL (with 95 in last column etc) and let the ECU do the job of moderating boost via PID controller regardless of boost/load level.
Bische

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 10:42:48 AM »

Controlling boost with KFLDRL is a thing of the past imo Smiley

But I dont see why you want to run one specific boost pressure all year around either, since it will fill the engine differently with different IAT's. Since the code is there to fill the engine the same amount, regardless of IAT?
julex

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2013, 08:50:56 AM »

Let me clarify.

I want to limit max load via compression pressure ratio not a load number which I don't know what it will translate into as far as pressures go. I want to run a boost level which I know is safe for my car and be able to tell when something is off since I am missing 1 or few PSIs from logs/gauge. With load limiter from other maps, the pressures are dependent on timing etc.

The KFLDHBN will still ramp up like stock one in regards to IATs. It will just have the pressure ratio I am looking for in my particular application. At least I hope it will work that way, we'll see.

britishturbo

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 07:38:29 AM »

I have KFLDHBN maxxed at 4 and it's now the limit of my boost I can run lol. It won't request more than 40psi :-)
julex

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 09:10:49 AM »

I have KFLDHBN maxxed at 4 and it's now the limit of my boost I can run lol. It won't request more than 40psi :-)

"some" problem lol.
britishturbo

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 09:11:34 AM »

"some" problem lol.

Haha first world problem right?  Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: