Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7.5 wont write new files  (Read 3082 times)
cessnas

« on: April 01, 2020, 04:32:47 AM »

I've got another post about this but since it was de-railing quite bad im making a new one.
It all started when i was going to tune the ECU, i read the file with nefmoto flasher with no issues.
Went back with a tuned file, checksummed propperly and evrything. Went to flash it, and nothing happens.
Nefmoto gives me a sector erase failes which i cant get passed. Immo is acive on this ECU but VCDS says that its matched and still starts fine.
So i went to bootmode it with Galetto, i get into bootmode fine with no issues, just had to pull fuse 11. It says ERASING... OK   START WRITING... ERROR WRITING.
So i thought great now i have a dead ECU, but it still starts and goes as normal.
The ECU does not have a riser installed but if i look really closely it might look like the 800BB chip has been desoldered before.
I've got a spare ECU from an B6. Would the only possible way to make this ECU write again be to swap over the flash chips?
Someone mentioned that the bootloader would have to be the same. But where do i check this?

Tools ive tried. MPPS V18, Nefmoto flasher, Kess V2, Galetto 1260. None of them work.

I would LOVE for someone to point me in the right direction with this one because i'm pretty lost myself
cessnas

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 07:11:17 AM »

Here's the old flash file i read from the ECU aswell as the EEPROM data if anyone needs it.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 10:40:22 AM »

low battery?

Does it work on a bench harness with a stable PS?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
cessnas

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 01:44:41 AM »

low battery?

Does it work on a bench harness with a stable PS?

I'm using a 70 amp battery charger while trying to flash and battery voltage is at 13.6V
I tried bench flashing aswell but still wont read. I ended up just flashing my file and eeprom to another ECU i had laying around.
I tried a new flash chip on my original ECU from my donor ECU but it still didnt want to flash so i have no idea what's wrong with it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: