Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GQ-4x4/Chip burning on board  (Read 3024 times)
DadJorts

« on: April 06, 2020, 12:48:37 PM »

Mainly pertaining to 95040 eeproms (06a906032lp/lq/cl/hs ecu pn's), is there some small detail i seem to be missing that is not allowing modified data to be written back utilizing an eeprom burner with the ic on board with a soic8 clip? Tied write enable line high, as well as low as per datasheet, to no avail. Immo off'd lots of these prior, and even within the session two ECM's wrote fine, so i do not suspect the tooling. Any help appreciated
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 02:26:31 PM »

You may have to lift the VCC pin

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
DadJorts

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 03:55:12 PM »

as in physically isolate it from the board? or raise vcc
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 04:24:45 PM »

as in physically isolate it from the board? or raise vcc

Physically isolate it from its pad. Any VCC current you are pushing to the chip while the clip is on the pins is going directly into the rest of the ECU otherwise.

Not great.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
DadJorts

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 04:28:37 PM »

funny how it seemingly affects only a few. Attempted to lift it from the pad and now it wont pull data, so i'm suspecting the programmer/setup for the 95040. Off it comes, thanks Nyet
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 04:39:18 PM »

funny how it seemingly affects only a few. Attempted to lift it from the pad and now it wont pull data, so i'm suspecting the programmer/setup for the 95040. Off it comes, thanks Nyet

Yah, it could be any number of other things.

Some chips i've had to lift the write pin as well. Really depends on how the ECU is set up and how much current the clip can deliver to both.

ECUx Plot

DadJorts

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 05:42:31 PM »

Thanks again mate, cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: