Pages: [1]
Author Topic: High egts and a me7logger question  (Read 10739 times)
raptor_s4

« on: January 12, 2012, 03:29:56 PM »

I've noticed my egts are higher than I typically see on healthy logs.  I'm not tripping fuel dump, but I am seeing a small temp measurement at the actual egts (~950).  Egt at primary o2 is hitting 875 before 6500 rpm.  I'm logging egtmodelbeforecat for this.
Most logs I see top out egt at primary o2 around 775, so it seems like I may have an issue to address.

I put the stock M-box file back to see if it was something I had done, but the results are similar.  I see a little higher temp earlier in the rpm range on my stage1 file, but that seem to make sense since that's where I'm requesting more load etc...

The car isn't anything too exciting, k03s with an after-market catback.

Could this be a difference created by using me7logger, or should I be looking for a hardware issue?

Here are the stock logs:

and the stage 1 in progress logs:

I appreciate any input on this.  I can also post more logs from these sessions if that will be useful.
phila_dot

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 04:02:15 PM »

Fuel delivery problem?

Do you have wideband capabilities?
raptor_s4

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 04:32:59 PM »

Fuel delivery problem?

Do you have wideband capabilities?

That was my thought as well.  It may be time to change the fuel pump.

No, I do not.  That would make this easier too.
While not comparable, here are the o2 voltages:

Stock:

Stage 1:

Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 05:37:02 PM »

You could try logging with VAG-COM to compare. A wideband oxygen sensor is a worth while investment if you want to tune your own car. I use an Innovate wide band.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
julex

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 09:14:01 AM »

You know that these temps are pure speculation on ECU's part and are strictly theoretical based on load of engine? If your tunes differ even so slightly on how much perceived load the ECU sees, the temps will differ too.

Different scaled MAF on both tunes will cause the load to differ and temps to be different as well.

Just so you know.
raptor_s4

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 12:03:31 PM »

Can you explain that further?  I just assumed that the o2 sensors had the ability to read temperature.

The maf scaling is unchanged on these two files, both are using the stock maf.

I do still intend to log this with vag-com to compare, but I haven't found the time and decent weather as of yet.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:21:44 PM »

Can you explain that further?  I just assumed that the o2 sensors had the ability to read temperature.

They don't. It's a calculated temp.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
raptor_s4

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 07:52:29 PM »

It seems I have some reading to do.  Thanks.
julex

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 07:57:35 PM »

It seems I have some reading to do.  Thanks.

FWIW while I was testing KR based fueling, I pushed my car to the limit to test BTS and EGT (from sensors) component protection fueling and on my properly scaled MAF (within -+5% based on injectors flow and their KRKTE), the BTS computed temp was off by only 20 degrees C as once BTS reached 930C, that's when one of EGT sensors started registering a temp above 950. The other one followed within 10C afterwards but that's probably due to uneven fueling which is reality on all cars.

s5fourdoor

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 08:33:52 PM »

julex - it might be helpful to post your KFLBTS map for him to see your lambda targets...
julex

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 07:32:45 AM »

My KFLBTS map is irrelevant to his situation since my main fueling runs from KFLAMKRL map. KFLBTS is only used as true component protection mechanism with an activation threshold of 920C where it forces ECU into fixed rich fueling (but no as much as stock map wants to). If that's not enough, ATR kicks in at 950C which I also modified to not dump as much fuel as it normally wants (map DLATRNLN) as 10.6:1 is just too rich and causes misfires. I have it at 10.8:1.

jibberjive

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 12:33:08 AM »

FWIW while I was testing KR based fueling, I pushed my car to the limit to test BTS and EGT (from sensors) component protection fueling and on my properly scaled MAF (within -+5% based on injectors flow and their KRKTE), the BTS computed temp was off by only 20 degrees C as once BTS reached 930C, that's when one of EGT sensors started registering a temp above 950. The other one followed within 10C afterwards but that's probably due to uneven fueling which is reality on all cars.

I also have an aftermarket EGT sensor that reads from 0* up, and was surprised at how accurate the modeled EGT's were to reality.  They weren't spot on, but they were definitely closer than I had expected.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: